COSMOD Staff from 1973-85

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by excosmodgrrl, Aug 3, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. freet43

freet43 Patron with Honors

Thank you. Yes I know where Dan lives... I knew him back in the day...

I also was on staff at Cosmod but I left in 79....

We have not met, i see....

Do we know each other?

2. honu

honu Patron

seeing some of these names brings back memories!

3. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

I am beginning to wonder if the number of ex- COSMOD on ESMB, is now greater than currently IN COSMOD.

4. honu

honu Patron

I may be wrong about this, but I tink COSMOD was ended when Martin Samuals was declared.
    Sry, not sure.

5. Veda

Veda Sponsor

For anyone who hasn't seen it...

From a 1986 interview of Martin Samuels, former top Mission Holder, and founder of the Delphian School, from the 'Reflections' chapter of the book, 'L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?' http://www.amazon.com/reader/0942637577?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib_dp_pt:

Hubbard operated according to a couple of key patterns.

The first pattern involved basically decent well intentioned people... no one was able to rise in the organization to a point of any real proximity to him, without being attacked and vilified...

And of course the next person thinks he or she is immune...

The next pattern: It's reap and rape. Hubbard would let the reins loose. He'd let people believe they really could get on with it... He'd let people believe they really could prosper to the full extent of their own ability, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

And, with that kind of freedom, prosperity does occur, Inevitably, though, he'd come along and rape and pillage and rip off and take what had been produced. The most dramatic example of this was '82, '83, when he 'raped' his most decent people in management along with the mission holders, and looted the entire mission network.

And look at this pattern... He surrounded himself with absolute hooligans as 'managers'; guys who beat the shit out of people. This man, who 'is this OT, the author of Science of Survival, completely able to predict human behavior', surrounded himself with ruthless people - like Miscavige - who got there because they emulated Hubbard's savagery. They emulated his total willingness to completely break, use, and discard another person.

And then after their hands were so bloody - and the only reason their hands were bloody was that they were doing what Hubbard wanted - when it finally started to get to the point where it couldn't be tolerated by people anymore, Hubbard wiped them out. Then he said. 'My God! I didn't know!' Scapegoat. He even did that to his own wife, who went to jail in his place...

But the thing that's amazing, and to me terrifying, is the characteristic of the mind, my mind, your mind, and apparently many other people's minds, where I could buy this horseshit, where I could participate in it.

__________​

6. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

A former COSMOD staff told me that as of approx 2
    years ago Mission of Davis was open one evening a week.
    With IIRC one staff member.

7. xwc

xwc Patron with Honors

That was a resurrected COSMOD (alike in name only) around the same time Chico got a mission ... my guess is that they're doing equally well. I have never seen a car at the Chico mission ... I only drive by there about 3 times a week so I could just be missing the crowds :p

8. honu

honu Patron

The first time i got married, was to an old Davis girl. Ron Walker performed our ceremony.

9. hummingbird

hummingbird Patron with Honors

You're totally right. I was on COSMOD Sac staff when that happened. The Sac staff were absorbed into the bustling high-toned Sac Org (that last was typed with the sarcasm key on).

10. Cyrus538

Cyrus538 New Member

I was on staff in Sacramento early in 1974 and transferred to Portland in June of that year. Worked at the Portland mission until routing off in 1978 after getting an ultimatum to stay in Scn or stay with my wife (who'd routed off staff earlier that year) and new daughter. Didn't take but 2 seconds to make that decision.
    I was on this site a few years ago but just recently made contact with another ExScn and I've been watching the Leah Remini shows. So thought I'd check back in. I saw some posts from Excosmodgrrl. It looks like you and I probably crossed paths at some point either in Sacramento or Portland. It'd be good to hear from you and trade stories.

11. hummingbird

I don't know how much I'll remember from that time in my life, and a ton of water's gone under the bridge since, but hell why not. I was only in Sac. I'll try PM-ing you, see what happens.

12. DanLocke

DanLocke Patron with Honors

Hello Cyrus and Hummingbird,

I was staff at the Portland Org from 1972 to 1979. I used to go up to the mission a lot. Wonderful people there. If you don't know me, we at least had some mutual friends.

13. DanLocke

I'm OK. Well, i guess that depends on your point of view. "I" think I am OK, and from what I have read in various advice columns, my point of view about me is supposedly the most important.

And, if I am not OK, (and just imagining I am in good shape), then it is not due to any terremoto!

Hope to talk with you.

14. DanLocke

Yes, we were a long way from the epicenter. We had plans to move to the area at the time of the quake, but they did not work out. So, a "blessing in disguise" (I get a lot of those.)

15. DanLocke

I forgot where these pics came from. I was never COSMOD staff, but was Portland Org staff from 1971 to 1979 and I knew a lot of these people. Friendly and fun people.

I would have put up images, but this platform only allowed one upload at a time, so I made a video (lazy). If anyone knows how to batchupload images or post a gallery, as this video will be too long for many to watch, please let me know.

[video]https://youtu.be/GJVDY2MJC04[/video]

16. hummingbird

Wow, that was really something. I recognized a whole lot of folk. Some were attached to warm memories, but about three people I still want to flip off... So I guess I still have "issues" to work through.

:grouch: :grouch: :grouch:

We were so young back then - yikes! And so very sure we had found The Answer, and just in a few years, the whole world would recognize that fact and - poof! No more war, insanity, whathaveyou.

Thanks for sharing, DanLocke.

17. SPsince83

SPsince83 Silver Meritorious Patron

I'm sure I know you. I'm Bob Magaziner.

18. SPsince83

I
    I knew Hilda and even audited her on a repair action in SF.

19. SPsince83

I did a "2D" (stupid fucking term) with Peggy's sister Lynnie, who is still in and married to Doug Fairchild, who as recently as 2014 was ED of the Sac Org.