Counterfeit Dreams

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Annie Bunny, Jun 24, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Annie Bunny

Annie Bunny "Take me to church" by Hozier. Perfect.

I learned more from this book in a weekend than in all the time I was in the SO. Phil Anderson is in the book. He was my receuiter along with Ramina N. I don't like to think about them. They conviced me to go even after I changed my mind right away because my 2D didnt qualify to the SO.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  2. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

Was that Ramina Nunelee? If that's who it was, her husband Richard did my Life Repair in 1975.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. Annie Bunny

Yeap. Ramina Nunelee. She went to AZ and I got recruited there. I met Richard once in LA . I met her daughter also. I can't believe that she didn't know her kid was strugling so much but the more I read other people's stories the more I believe it. I cried so much watching The aftermath but the book has names of more people I knew.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. chewbacca980

chewbacca980 New Member

i've been wanting to read this for a while annie.

jeff seems like such a nice dude. people that have gone through this kind of ringer have won hard earned empathy that world craves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

That book is one of my favorites! It’s a must read

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I need to read it.

I knew the Nunnelees very well because I worked for Richard for a while in their home when I first left the SO and also knew her daughter in the Sea Org. The Nunnelees were and are very nice people who got caught up into the cult of Scientology and believed they were doing a good thing, just like the rest of us. Unfortunately, we all know how it goes when you trust Scientology's rules and dictates over your own personal judgement. Ramina dearly loved her daughter back then, though, as much as any mother could ever love a daughter and loves her just as much now. Ramina was sweet, so was her daughter, and they still are big-hearted, kind, GOOD people who were used and conned in the worst way. I hope nobody holds any grudges for mistakes they made when they thought they were doing the right thing. They know better now.

I'm glad they're out and wish them all the goodness life can bring. :bighug:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  7. Gib

Gib Crusader

It's right up there with the movie Shawshank Redemption, one of the the best ever.

Only redemption for Jeffrey is his realization that Hubbard's claptrap was counterfeit. Somebody ought to make a movie out of his book.

This scene explains many people escaping Int Base in Happy Valley! If you get what I'm say'in.

(even people who blew from staff at a mission or org)

8. Annie Bunny

I am a mother and it only took me to get pregnant to see what was coming for my child if I stayed in the SO. When I was in the EPF I saw a group of very small kids crossing the street to go to "school" I remember the incredible sadness that I saw in their little faces. Then when I finished the EPF I had to go with another SO member to make sure the kids of an officer got to bed. I saw the building in which the kids were Alone, a real shithole. The oldest was about 7 years old, I was in shock. They never saw their parents and no adult was giving them proper care. So How did I in a less than a month saw and accepted that those kids were being Completely neglected and that it was Wrong and someone in a few decades doesn't?. Ramina and Phil broke up beautiful relationships when they recruited yoing peiple and that changed our lives forever but they didnt apply their little manipulative speech to themselves. They had their partner in the SO for many years and obviously the church and their partner was the only thing they were able to see & care for.. I also understand her daughter forgiving her and helping her. I did the same with my mother ( non SO member ) but I do not blind myself when I see neglect or abuse or both towards children for what it is. When I was watching Leah's program The aftermath I really felt the pain and suffering of most of the people who were interviewed but when Ramina "cried" it just looked too fake. Maybe I am bias because she took my boyfriend away to convince him to let me go & helped me screw up my relationship but she just doesn't look or feel authentic like the others. Once in LA I remember seeing how she was totally in love w Richard. And the day I met her daughter who was pregnant she gave me this fantastic story about what a wonderful scientology life she had had and how her other daughter was auditioning in Hollywood; however, once her daughter arrived with jer husband Richard trew a tantrum at his son in law and left. Ramina unstead of comforting her pregnant daughter Run after her husband all worried about him. They thought that I didnt understand what had happened byt it was obvious to me that the young husband didnt really like ramina and richard and I saw that he was caring & protective of his wifw & unborn child. I know some would say It was my choice, my responsibility to go to the SO but I changed my mind a few minutes after singing and the recruiters just would not let go. The one and only big regret I have in this life. Joining the SO. Not everyone is a good person. Ex SOs know that well or should know that well.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019