Crowdfunding Request - Scientology Cult Survivor: Help - Justin Rybacki

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by CommunicatorIC, May 12, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Crowdfunding Request - Scientology Cult Survivor: Help - Justin Rybacki.

https://www.gofundme.com/vkkajv64

[​IMG]

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Scientology Cult Survivor: Help

Hi. My name is Justin Rybacki and I am a survivor of the cult known as the Church of Scientology. I was born into the cult, as were many of my siblings, and I wasn’t able to get free for nearly 30 years.

At the age of 12 my parents signed me over to the Sea Organization (group brainwashed into religious slavery). For the next three months my life was hard labor, living in constant fear of being discovered as gay, with little food and NO SCHOOL. When I finally broke down and said I wanted to leave, I was berated in front of my peers daily for "missing my mommy" and assigned grueling work. I remember having to clean "rats alley,” a small damp crawl space on top of a giant freezer. It was in the basement and I was armed with nothing but a flashlight and a garden hose. I still often get flashbacks of the bugs crawling all over me… being bitten, and having to cry and beg to be permitted an additional shower that day.

My parents found out I was gay when I was 14. They reported me -- my own mother turned me in. I was then subjected to gay conversion tactics, disguised as a “religious confessional,” because Scientology doesn’t tolerate homosexuality. I spent 20-40 hours a week hooked up to a machine that I was told could read my thoughts, as I was interrogated about my sexual behavior.

At 16 I was coerced to be a cult spy, which involved working with private detectives to follow “enemies” of Scientology at public events. I was instructed to tail two women who were wearing shirts that had confidential cult secrets printed on the back. I had to watch where they were going, report movements over walkie talkies - all the while terrified I might accidentally read the backs of their shirts.. and die. I thought reading the confidential material could kill me, or give me cancer. I was told to sign documentation saying if I revealed this to anyone, they would fine me $50,000.

My mother has continued to choose the cult over me and her other children who have left, and has told me she always will. She made it very clear that my opinions and feelings are not what motivate her to make decisions in her life, it is, and will always be, the dogmatic principles of Scientology.

At least I survived it... I can't say the same for all of my friends. One of my best friends who I am not going to name in this plea for help (it's their family's choice to share that entire story) was a child in the Sea Organization too. While trying to escape he was followed and kidnapped. He was forcibly thrown into a van and brought back to the Sea Organization base. He told me it haunted his mind... He took his own life some years ago. He was one of the smartest people I've ever met. My love for technology and video games is deeply influenced by the time in life I did share with him. I am saddened he couldn't take the world anymore. Couldn't endure the demonic past. I understand why he ended his suffering, I don't judge or blame him, I just wish there had been something more that was done to help him before it was too late.

I’m lucky to have had friends helping me through this process. I've been a ghost for months. A shell of my previous self. Rebuilding who I am and doing a lot of soul searching. I have really grown as a gay person. Dating. Having fun. Loving. Being heartbroken. Still not giving up on sharing my love. I am doing everything in my power to remove myself from the cult -- including, but not limited to, removing myself from Scientology and those that would try to pull me back in, getting my car in proper shape to earn money via rideshare, and getting caught up on car payments/registration/insurance. But I need more help. It's a make or break point for me. Succumb to my demons, my struggles, my debt, financial challenges... Or rise above, ask for the help from others to put all of this behind me. I just need some stability. My current living arrangement is hostile to say the least -- this is not a healthy place for me to attempt to overcome all that I was subjected to. I am currently making money by driving for Lyft and Uber, as well as freelance web work… but the ends just aren’t meeting right now.

I am fully aware and accept the fact that this campaign may make the “church” come after me, but I have to do what is best for me, not live in fear of what they may or may not do. I need your help, even if all you can give is a share. I need to tell my story.

I don’t know everything that I need yet… all I know is that trying to survive on the outside while most of my immediate family is still inside has caused bills and credit cards stack up, which has destroyed my credit. Because of my destroyed credit, I know I will need a larger deposit on a safer place to live, and I need to seek therapy to heal from my life. Please know that I am only asking as a last resort. Thank you for your time, and thank you for reading and sharing my story.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

A search of the Truth About Scientology website shows a number of Rybackis are, or were, Scientology members:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rybacki+site:www.truthaboutscientology.com

A 2013 comment by "ThetaOne" on Mike Rinder's site indicates a Donna Rybacki blew the COS:

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/whats-wrong-with-scientology-org/#comment-28497

Justin Rybacki's membership in the Church of Scientology appears to be confirmed in the following Report and Recommendation by a U.S. Magistrate Judge in a case in which Rybacki was named as a defendant.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-txwd-1_14-cv-00499/pdf/USCOURTS-txwd-1_14-cv-00499-0.pdf

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Plaintiff asserts he subsequently contacted his Internet provider to replace his router, explaining he had “slow data” and a “hacked box.” Plaintiff questioned Brittney about the Church of Scientology’s reputation for “this type of stuff.” Plaintiff indicates he responded to Brittney that Justin is “capable by skill set.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

3. IWantOffThisTrain

IWantOffThisTrain Eternal Optimist

I followed the court link and started reading. I gotta be honest, I got so carried away trying to figure out what was going on and laughing I literally FORGOT why I was reading it to begin with!

Oh I wasnt laughing at Justin, it's the plaintiff that cracked me up.

4. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Parts of it cracked me up too.

It was awfully confusing. I don't understand why it was posted here, anyway.

I guess I don't see what that court case has to do with his request for donations.

5. IWantOffThisTrain

IWantOffThisTrain Eternal Optimist

It just helps to show Justin really was involved with Scientology as noted in the exerp Communicator posted.