What's new

Cruise says he regrets 'glib' outburst on 'Today'

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Well, personally, I think we should consider giving up Cruise-baiting for Lent.
It won't be hard and will probably bring a sense of inner peace to all concerned. :)

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
wikipedia

United Artists renewed its marketing campaign to reduce its focus on the star Tom Cruise and to play up director Bryan Singer's previous credentials. Due to the actor's adherence to Scientology, which has been labeled a dangerous cult by the German authorities.

Colonel von Stauffenberg's son also voiced concerns over Cruise's portrayal of his father, saying that he would not oppose the film's production, but hoped that Cruise would drop the role. "I fear that only terrible kitsch will come out of the project. It's bound to be rubbish,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie_(film)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Internet Lent is probably much less arduous!
I think an Internet Year is sort of like a dog-year, you know, 5 minutes waiting for an answer to something can seem like an eternity.

Re: message board agreements, breaking thereof.
If it's a sin at all it's probably only a venial sin, they only cost you about 2c each (I'll talk about "The Wages Of Sin" another day) but even at 2c a pop they can sure add up over a given lifetime! :D

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I think an Internet Year is sort of like a dog-year, you know, 5 minutes waiting for an answer to something can seem like an eternity.

If it's a sin at all it's probably only a venial sin, they only cost you about 2c each (I'll talk about "The Wages Of Sin" another day) but even at 2c a pop they can sure add up over a given lifetime! :D

:hysterical:

byte301

Crusader

HAHAHAHA! At least I don't have to say a million Hail Mary's and Our Father's!!!

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Ya' reckin' ole Tom was being somewhat glib when he
accused Lauer of being glib?

Now how would that go; "Glib, Glibber, Glibbest" ?
Mirror, mirror on the Wall
Who is the Glibbest of them All?

Is 3 years a normal "comm lag" for an "OT"?
Oh well, what's 3 years when you're dealing
with an immortal Super Being?

Why, take "God" for example...how often does
He speak up..actually say something to mankind.
What, every couple thousand years or so?
Especially considering the untold millions of requests,
prayers and pleadings that are constantly directed
to Him. God surely has an overflowing "in basket".

Surely we should rejoice in Mighty Tom's generosity
in adressing this issue after a mere 3 years!

Last edited:

byte301

Crusader
Ya' reckin' ole Tom was being somewhat glib when he
accused Lauer of being glib?

Now how would that go; "Glib, Glibber, Glibbest" ?
Mirror, mirror on the Wall
Who is the Glibbest of them All?

Is 3 years a normal "comm lag" for an "OT"?
Oh well, what's 3 years when you're dealing
with an immortal Super Being?

Why, take "God" for example...how often does
He speak up..actually say something to mankind.
What, every couple thousand years or so?
Especially considering the untold millions of requests,
prayers and pleadings that are constantly directed
to Him. God surely has an overflowing "in basket".

Surely we should rejoice in Mighty Tom's generosity
in adressing this issue after a mere 3 years!

:lol:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Exactly, but some critics "come across" as arrogant as those they critize for being arrogant.

That's certainly true. Some of the things some of them say to people who don't toe some imaginary party line are as arrogant as anything I've ever seen on the 'net.

I think that people sometimes accuse other people of being arrogant if they won't back down and say or do things others want them to. It's similar to (some) men calling women bitches if the woman in question isn't doing what the man thinks she should be doing.

If Tom Cruise had any change of heart after 3 years, even if it's only a partial change in stance, then that's a good thing. It's not a question of crappy comm lags- I mean, how long have some of us been in the cult before deciding to leave? Lots of former OTs here, too, if it comes to that.

I'd like to believe he's changed his mind a bit on some of this stuff. He apologized to Brooke Shields, too, quite some time ago. I know that people are faulting him because he's still in the cult and, presumably, still friends with that awful person- DM. But can't people have partial changes of perspective? Of course they can!

Pascal

Silver Meritorious Patron
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081215/ap_en_tv/people_cruise

NEW YORK – It took a few years, but Tom Cruise says he regrets the tongue-lashing he gave Matt Lauer on NBC's "Today" show the last time he was on.

Cruise says he didn't intend to come across as arrogant when he criticized Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants in 2005.

The conversation grew heated when the star told Lauer he was glib and didn't know about psychiatry.

Cruise, who has been a Scientologist for 25 years, agrees with the religion's long-running campaign against psychiatry and the pharmaceutical industry.

The mea culpa comes as Cruise is making rounds on talk-shows to promote his new movie, "Valkyrie."
Cruise stars as a would-be assassin of Adolf Hitler in "Valkyrie," which is to be released Dec. 25.

Isn't denying oneself the greatest crime a thetan can commit?

TC is a fag on so many levels.