DANIELS SHOW IS ON!

Discussion in 'Narconon, Drug Free World, and Other Anti-drug Fro' started by Tigger, Jan 26, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Tigger

Tigger Patron Meritorious

BEHA WAS SILENCED. I'M NOT. THE SHOW GOES ON

Group: alt.religion.scientology

Date: Fri, Jan 26, 2007, 9:54am (CST-2)

Listen in tomorrow from Noon to 1pm. The mishaps and selfishness of the last several hours have put me several hours behind and with little sleep, but sometime later tonight, go to the website, VinceDaniels.com and a new show promo with information about tomorrow will appear.

On a couple of side notes, first ... I wouldn't be so cranky if there would have been a little cooperation and Mr. Beha being upfront with me. Being given a little more notice was indeed do-able and should have been done. If that had been the case, I would have been appreciative and would have the luxury of time to relax through all this and wish him well.
    Secondly, to Alex who asked in an earlier post about whether this was a 'show' or a paid program. All programs are paid. I have sponcers on my show which is how I re-coup what I paid to have this contract. Everything over and above is profit. Yes it's a show. But don't forget, it's also "show business."

The time I gave to these Narconon matters was donated time by me because I would blow off some of my commercials to keep your segments going longer.

Final note. Thanks to those that have been e-mailing me with your support. Your words have encouraged me. It'll be a free-forum call-in time tomorrow for you from Noon to 1. On my website is a bar on the top of the page that links you to the webstream.

LETTER TO ME FROM CLARK CARR BROUGHT ON BY COWARDS

Date: Fri, Jan 26, 2007, 10:19am (CST-2)

"Clark Carr" <c...@narconon.org> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
    Subject:       Re: Radio Appearance-KCAA 1/27

Date:   Fri, 26 Jan 2007 9:59:00

To:     vdaniels2...@yahoo.com

Dear Mr. Daniels,

I received your invitation to speak on your Saturday show.

You stated what it would be regarding.
    I will decline your offer as I believe the parties involved have been in communication and settled the matter amicably, about which I am glad and was confident would occur.

Narconon staff will continue doing their best to help individuals who have made the voluntary personal decision to rehabilitate themselves from alcohol and other drug addiction to fully and stably recover. This is a challenging task for all concerned, but both staff and recovering addicts are to be commended and supported in this serious endeavor.

Sincerely,

Clark Carr
    President
    Narconon International

2. Tigger

Tigger Patron Meritorious

VINCE EXPLAINS RADIO BUSINESS TO ALEX

VINCE RESPONDS TO *ALEX*

Re: BEHA WAS SILENCED. I'M NOT. THE SHOW GOES ON

Date: Fri, Jan 26, 2007, 5:40pm (CST-2)

Alex said: " Some radio stations actually pay people to produce and deliver on air.

Of course these stations then need to take care about what is said....as their credibility is on the line."

Vince Responds: Yuo don't quite understand how it works, Alex. Every hour of airtime on every raido station is valued at a certain amount. Yes, there are programmers that get paid to be on the air. Do you understand the term "ratings?" It doesn't mean the number of people listening. It means the monetary rating for a show or a time slot. I don't care if it's Rush Limbaugh. In one way or another, every personality pays for their time, whether they are paying out of their pocket like I am and re-couping the costs, or if the station has to sell time in Rush's time slot. If nobody buys time in Rush's slot, guess what? Rush won't be getting a paycheck for very long. So he pays for it by constantly having to watch his back. If nobody wants to advertise on his show, then he's not going to be around for very long.

Nothing is free, even for the big boys and girls of radio.   By the way, the stations credibility is on the line when a paid programmer like myself is on the air.   I still represent the radio station to a large degree. I still have to abide by FCC restrictions.   If I got on the air tomorrow and called Clark Carr a crook, Clark Carr could sue and I'd be gone. That's why I have to phrase it: "as far as I'm concerned, Clark Carr is a crook."

On Jan 26, 4:24 pm, alex <alexrsi...@notmail.comdamnspam> wrote:
    In article <1169834051.839470.22...@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,
        vdaniels2...@yahoo.com wrote:

Secondly, to Alex who asked in an earlier post about whether this was a 'show' or a paid program. All programs are paid. I have sponcers on my show which is how I re-coup what I paid to have this contract. Everything over and above is profit. Yes it's a show. But don't forget, it's also "show business."

The time I gave to these Narconon matters was donated time by me because I would blow off some of my commercials to keep your segments going longer.Possibly at the station that you air on, but not all airing programs are paid.

Some radio stations actually pay people to produce and deliver on air. Of course these stations then need to take care about what is said....as their credibility is on the line.

So you pay for air time, and sell ads to recoup your costs.

(Alex:) Mighty good incentive to hype the holy shit out things isnt it.
    Your cred just dropped a bit with me...
    Not that it would matter.

alex

3. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator