Dart Smohen: The Real Story - Additional Commentary by Alan C. Walter

Discussion in 'Books and Essays About Scientology' started by Dulloldfart, Nov 27, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

At vast expense - of time and effort if not money - I have created an eBook of Dart's most important posts, with related commentary from Alan. With their permission, of course. The source material all came from ESMB, so you can check it with the original for accuracy if you wish. I did some minor editing, mainly to correct typos. I also added footnotes and a comprehensive alphabetical index. The footnotes aren't complete, and I'll add to them bit by bit as I devote more time to the project.

Since it's a PDF file, it is easy to navigate through the 118 pages. Not only are the individual chapter titles clickable, but the informative headings and sub-headings which I added are too.

So you can now read all Dart's good stuff from 26 threads concentrated into one single power-packed 1.2 MB PDF file. I will be releasing further editions as Dart says anything further of note, as we find older stuff of his that should be included, as I add to the footnotes and index, and if I find anything wrong with the previous edition.

You can download the latest edition of the PDF file from www.paulsrabbit.com [sic].

Oh yes. It's free of charge. :)

Paul

2. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Great idea Paul! Dart's insights are always worth reading.

3. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

I'm reading it now... great job Paul, Dart, Alan!
    This is going to save a lot of hunting back and forth in the archives.

4. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Great stuff Paul!

I knew you weren't just a pretty face. :)

So how much is this to buy? :unsure:

* CENSORED *

Anyway, thanks for doing this. It will be a invaluable resource for anyone wanting to know the true story of the origins of the 'Tech'.

Axiom142

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  5. Amadeus Einstein

Amadeus Einstein Patron with Honors

This looks like it's going to be an invaluable resource. Thanks Paul. You rock.

6. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Thank you Paul. this is fantastic!!:thumbsup:

7. DartSmohen

DartSmohen Silver Meritorious Patron

Paul asked me to post a statement requesting; "NO SPOILERS".

Thanks,

Dart

8. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Great Job, Paul. I just started reading it and came across the name of Frank McCall.

I met Frank McCall recently at a Buddhist event organized at Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater. He recognized me right away. We had a brief chat. He told me that he has reached the age of 100 now. He looked quite good for that age.

The thought of handing a printed copy of this book to him has crossed my mind. I have been in contact with him off and on over the years. We knew each other from Apollo.

9. Div6

Div6 Crusader

This is effin awesome! You mind if I print a few off, to hand out at raids and such? I know a few SO'ers still in that really should have a copy......

Thanks Paul, Dart and Alan.

10. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Wow! This is a pleasant surprise. Fantastic!

11. FinallyMe

FinallyMe Silver Meritorious Patron

Wow, Paul! What a lot of WORK - thanks for doing this and for making it available to all of us!

12. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Cool!

Heh.. I must be an OT! - Not long ago I expressed my wish for this.. Erh.. But DOF must have been working on it already.. Not so OT then..

Well, as long as I can frown their stats flabby!

:yes:

13. Lovesnightsky

Lovesnightsky Silver Meritorious Patron

WOW

that is bloody fantastic Paul!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!
    :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

14. Challenge

Challenge Silver Meritorious Patron

What a terrific Thanksgiving gift. Thank you, Paul.

CHLNG

15. Dulloldfart

Print as many as you want, Div6. The permissions granted to anyone are stated on the front page.

There's an updated version online now, by the way. Just a few minor changes, like typo corrections, few more footnotes and additions to the index.

Glad you all like it. :)

Paul

16. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Paul you are a Legend! :clap:
    I had some vague idea of bringing them together somehow, and you did it without fuss, terrific. :yes:

17. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Thanks for your good work!:)

18. Dulloldfart

Printing.

I can easily format an edition that will print properly double-sided, i.e. so that the new Chapter Pages each start on the right hand page (odd-numbered pages).

If you are printing it single-sided it doesn't matter, of course, but if you are doing it double-sided it does.

We're not talking about causing me a lot of trouble here as it is five minutes work to do, so if anyone wants this just ask. If no-one asks I won't do it. :)

Paul

19. Div6

Div6 Crusader

I be asking.....I always print double sided.

Thanks!

20. Dulloldfart

You're welcome to do something like print it off and have it bound at Kinkos and give it to him, if that is what you had in mind. Actually, if you had it hand-calligraphed on parchment and bound in vellum and then gave it to him I wouldn't have a problem with it and probably Dart and Alan wouldn't either. Just don't sell copies as a business. :)

You might want to wait a few days or so, simply because each day it gets better as I find and correct typos and add footnotes etc.

Paul