David Carradine: All Aboard The Fail Float...

Discussion in 'Scientology Celebrities' started by Guero, Dec 12, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Guero

Guero Patron

Just got this email from the Writers of the Future mailing list:

And sho' nuff: http://blog.galaxypress.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the "hosts" of this parade (allegedly co-sposored by Disney and Galaxy Press) were clam non-celebs Jim Meskimen and Michelle Stafford:

[​IMG]

I'd heard talk that DC was involved quiety in CoS because of Kansas Carradine's involvement, but given that this has just come out along with these pics http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/12/xenu-really-kno.html of DC at this year's CoS Celeb Centre Xmas party, I guess he's effectively come out. Bugger.

2. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Damn, Michelle is kinda hot. Aside from that, so what.

3. Good luck, Grasshopper.

The Anabaptist Jacques

4. klidov

klidov Silver Meritorious Patron

My disappointment runs deep.

(David Carradine, ex-heroin addict, I could handle.)

David Carradine, $ci? :bigcry:

5. Guero

Guero Patron

Like Kirstie Alley, trading one addiction for another.

6. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Or... adding one addiction to another!

7. Alanzo

Alanzo Banned

Celebrity Sighting

I remember driving from the mini-mall near my house in the Valley.

I'd just filled my car with groceries, and was pulling around to head out onto Van Nuys Blvd, when I looked across my passenger seat out the window into an alley, and saw a man leaning there: haggard, long, grey hair, stooping... dosing...but familiar.

And a pan pipe played in my mind, back when I was ten, watching TV and being exposed to Eastern religious ideas for the first time, seeing David Carradine as Quai Chain Kane... I can still whistle the theme song now.

He was my hero.

In fact, the ideas in that show changed my life forever. They set me out on a hope that there was eastern wisdom that could save me, and could civilize the world.

And then, I realized that the old drugged out dude leaning against the wall of this sun-drenched San Fernando Alley mini mall was David Carradine, my boyhood idol.

As a Scientologist at the time, I was keenly aware of the irony, and of the arrogant superiority I held over him.

For I was straight.

And he was not.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  8. klidov

klidov Silver Meritorious Patron

I find this story sad on a couple of levels.

9. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

I think he has been a friend of the church for years but is not a scilon. I saw him at CC at one of their xmas story shows. Remember it's CC and they do know how to brown nose celebs. DC fans shouldn't worry much. Also saw some other famous people like the mom from Happy Days. Think her son is in but she's not. I even saw Marilyn Manson at a gala. Looked drunk.

10. xenufobo

xenufobo Patron

11. Lawrence

Lawrence Patron

His wife Annie is a scientologist. When I knew her she was on the OT levels. Back then she was Annie Bierman, her husband Dana, also a scientologist, died of pancreatic cancer in 2000. I think Carradine married her in the early 2000s,
    At that point she had 4 kids. She was a really "gung-ho" Scieno, so i'm sure she worked hard on him. Right now she would be early 40s ish, kinda hot.

12. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

So wait, all he has to do is some scio auditing, and he bangs her? Not bad!

13. Let's see if Grasshopper can snatch her out of DM hand before he closes his fist on her.

He made a movie with Chuck Norris--Lone Wolf McQuade where Carradine and Norris fought--you might say--ham-to-ham.:whistling:

Actually, I like David Carradine.

The Anabaptist Jacques

14. anonymous1312

anonymous1312 Patron with Honors

I'd like to think most of us are unimpressed by celebrity status, if nothing else because we know that getting involved with scientology just shows they are as human as the rest of us, with the same uncertainties and vulnerabilities that make people vulnerable to the cult. Our concern then is not that another celebrity has come out in support of scientology rather that another human being has fallen victim.

If anything, for those here, you have come out the other side of scientology and are stronger for it, less likely to be taken in by those promising quick fixes to lifes' woes.

15. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

damn

damn, now I will have to change my Icon...
    David was my idol til you told me he is involved with CoS
    :(

16. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

TC

I blame Robo-Tom (cruise), others are fooled into thinking CoS is "cool"...
    he is acting !!!

17. Smitty

Smitty Silver Meritorious Patron

David Carradine, burned-out actor turned scilon. Jim Meskimen, scilon grade C actor and one-time celebrity endorser of the failed chain of Kash 'n Karry Supermarkets.
    It looks like the emphasis is now on recruiting actors and actresses to brainwash because there is more bang for the buck.

18. crm1978

crm1978 Patron with Honors

This may not be related but is Galaxy press a front group ? I saw an add from them offering Hubbard sci fi stories very sneeky you send off for their stuff they get your name and address and your money and you get to have the joy of being on the cult mailing list .Don't know for sure but it sounds like that is what is going on:nervous: