What's new

Denise Brennan

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Re: Denise Brennan – Just another chat thread

I no longer believe in afterlives, just cold stone science. But I know Denise believed and I know she's had a way of whispering in my ear. I keep telling her it won't work on me, just like I told her when she was still with us. LOL I promised her on one of those few late night post menopausal convo's we had that I would write this song about the RPF. I had no intention of going there. Then I saw Elizabeth Moss in Handmaids Tale, listened to a few ironic Beck tunes, watched hypocritical (hypnotic + hypocritical) Laura Prepon in Orange Is The New Black, Giovanni Ribisi in beyond ironic Sneaky Pete. Damn you, Denise

So old fart as i am, I wrote the damn song and went on twitter to invite Beck, Prepon, Moss, Ribisi, Stanley Clarke (I worked w/one of his former members, Steve Bach, at Mad Hatter studios on some of my tunes long ago) to join @LeahRemini. I even sent one to the hopelessly not helping John Travolta. I invited them to stand with Leah Remini to end the abuses. Some I invited to ask me anything, that I understand all sides. Because I do. I will listen. And if you feel so inclined to use social media to ask Scn celebs to help end the abuses, in Denise's memory, I think she would like that.

This is for you, Denise. You are still missed, but the memories grow warm.

Thank you. I cried when I heard that and then I posted in on Facebook.

I know what you mean about the whispering and my feeling is that she just wants us to keep doing what we are doing, in whatever way, to get the truth out there. Absolutely no pressure, just a big loving smile and a warmth that reassures we are doing ok.

:heartflower:

Glenda

Crusader

Thank you. I cried when I heard that and then I posted in on Facebook.

I know what you mean about the whispering and my feeling is that she just wants us to keep doing what we are doing, in whatever way, to get the truth out there. Absolutely no pressure, just a big loving smile and a warmth that reassures we are doing ok.

:heartflower:

I cried too when I heard it. Thank goodness I am not the only one.

Yes she whispers in her gentle reassuring way. Always there to remind us to never back down.

Onwards Denise, onwards. :rose:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Denise's, even while I knew her as Larry, heart deeply touched mine through her love. She is someone I will always cherish.

And that song, for me it stirs up in me a vision of what a nasty evil place the hole was.

It is amazing and so sad how hubbard trapped and used up good people to partake in his monstrosity.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
My wife and I had a couple of Skype sessions with Denise shortly before she passed. One included Purple Rain too.
Denise posted this song to us, one of her favourites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ehx2_JJVhc
It said a lot about who she was.

We were really looking forward to more great chats, but unfortunately her passing got in the way of that.
So all we are left with now is memories, many of them something special.