Denver in Distress

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Jul 4, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

Denver in Distress

You can bet this is not an isolated example, just happens to be something sent to me in the last few days. Apparently things are pretty grim in the Denver “ideal” field. Can you imagine someone who IS disaffected responding to this command to come in to be investigated? But policy says HCO can issue […]

Continue reading...

2. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron with Honors

I bet those who don't turn up for the summons will be issued with a Non-Enturbulation Order. It will be the beginning of them getting declared. They'll probably lose a lot of on-the-fence members from that. If they roll that out across other ideal orgs, a lot of people will end up declared.

I was once summoned to St. Hill with a threat of a non-enturb order if I didn't. I went, because at the time I didn't want to be declared. And I knew that a Non-Enturb order meant almost certain declare, because once you have a Non-Enturb order, they can make demands of you (like summoning you to the org), and if you refuse, that's considered a breach of the Non-Enturb order, and can result in instant declare.

It's an interesting strategy, given that they know they can't get new people in. If it's a rational, thought-out strategy, then it must mean that they are trying to shake-down the proportion of the remaining membership who will comply with the summons, even though it means declaring the rest. If that's the case, then it's quite a desperate move. Perhaps it's not rationally thought-out - they may just be applying the usual "if it isn't expanding, then there must be an SP on the lines" logic.

3. renegade

renegade Silver Meritorious Patron

This is so horrible that I feel sorry for those still stuck in the trap. The remaining public will have the hardest time escaping and pay the most for useless buildings. The stress must be unbelievable.

4. Leland

Leland Crusader

I'm sure GAT III will solve this....

:D

5. phenomanon

phenomanon Front door security.

" The Way Out Is The Nearest Exit.":outtahere:

6. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

These witch hunts always cause more people to leave.

A mission has probably been fired into Denver Org because stats are crashed and staying crashed and that always equates to an SP in their minds. In this case they are probably right. In fact most of the field probably fits the description of an SP by now. They are researching Scientology on the internet, watching The Aftermath and talking about what they find.

In the past missions like this would go in with a shore story like they were putting in the successful promotional actions of an org per policy while going through people's folders and finding out what the local network is, who the opinion leaders are and whose spreading disaffection.

Here they are being honest about it being a witch hunt. Things must be so bad that they know a shore story would be silly.

This should be interesting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    This is the town where OT7 Rex Fowler had murdered someone and
    ended up prison. Tragic event. Left a mark on many in the field.
    Others woke up and quit. A few explained it away and soldiered on.

Hard to resurrect a field after something like that.

8. renegade

Follow up questionnaire is now on Mike Rinder's blog.

9. TheOriginalBigBlue

Oh boy, it’s been a long time and this quickly gets us into the weeds but let’s see if I have this right.

In a Scientology org the head of a Division is called a Secretary such as the HCO (Hubbard Communications Office) Secretary, which contains the Department of Inspections and Reports, which is headed by a Director, ie. Director of Inspections and Reports. Under Departments you generally have a bunch of unit I/Cs (In-Charges) or Officers, such as the Ethics Officer or Cope Officer. For our readers this is being issued by the Director of Inspections and Reports HFA. HFA means “Held From Above”. A rather useful term actually but it means they don’t have enough staff to fill the lower level position of Dir I&R. You aren’t supposed to post the org board by skipping sections so everyone who is holding something HFA should be holding that whole area HFA and this is an entire department. That isn’t a very positive revelation for an Ideal Org to put on something of this import with such a broad circulation.

It’s like saying, come report to my very important avatar and when you arrive the real me will handle you since we are so understaffed. I want to know how high this is being HFAed from.

Over there on the right, see that little “TM”. Well, I’m thinking that means Time Machine. In other words, it is the arbitrary schedule for handling something like a bill in your in-box. For all you vendors out there, the COS pays bills on a 30-Day TM (if they have any money). So they are telling us that something very bad will happen if we don’t meet their TM.

I like how the interrogatory starts out with warm and fuzzy questions demonstrating their concern over the quality of service and how on-policy the org is but quickly descend into their true purpose of witch hunting.

Nothing gets the field enthused over Scientology like when a pretend person in a pretend post pretends they are a government court of law issuing pretend summons and interrogatories with a pretend deadline looking for people who are pretending to be Scientologists.

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/more-denver-in-distress/

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. renegade

It could be from the HCO Exec Sec as ordered by an SO Ethics Mission. I have not seen any org initiate such a gruesome order on their own steam.

TM is the "Time Machine" run by LRH Comm. S/he has a number of boxes, each one is labeled as one day. It is like a ticking time-bomb. The order is placed in the first box, then advanced to the next box everyday. When it falls off the TM or last day to comply with the order, you will get on a routing form of stiffening ethics gradients until it is done. Sometimes you'd get the impossible target of hire 2 staff members in 7 days.

From Mike's blog, here's a good explanation about how HCO runs this type of investigation:

Jane Dough says
    July 8, 2018 at 5:06 pm
    This appears geared towards putting a head or two on a pike and to shut everyone up and toe the line.
    In the past, an SO Ethics Mission would fire into the org, create an air of terror and fear, look in staff ethics files, then into the public’s. They’d also look in pc folders and write down low tone arm session action of both staff and public and make a list. Meter checks were done on all staff. Those that didn’t pass got further ethics lists done in session. Some got C/S’d for sec checks. There was a special staff interogatory that asked about the public in addition to the usual staff question.
    The above questionnaire used to be standard for the public.
    The Mission will count up each “Who” in the offenses and keep a tally. The person who got the most he/she said got declared SP. The second person got a Non-Enturb and depending on circumstances, others found could get publicly posted PTS declares telling them they are no longer eligible for service until this condition is handled. OTs got reported and investigated further at their advanced org, usually quietly.
    As time went by, the questionnaire was meter checked and you’d be asked “have you told all, have you lied, did you leave anything out, etc.” You had to FN before you were let out.
    The terror and fear nowadays must be unbelievable.

11. TheOriginalBigBlue

They had the Ideal Org opening in 2012, so what happened with the Garrison Mission to staff it up? 6 years later and everything is so HFA they aren't bothering with trying to find staff in the field - they are trying to find why they can't get staff?

Can we imagine what it must have been like going to people's houses to try to get them to join staff? Talk about an SRA! So many UTR, just attending events as "good roads good weather".

I agree that this sounds too serious for a local non-Sea Org staffer to take on.

Witch hunt missions like this would have at least an I/C (In-Charge) and a 2nd. When they really get serious there is a 3rd and maybe a 4th. Are these the "staff" conducting the investigation HFA?

Now I am curious.

12. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

In my local Class V org we once had an ex sea org guy join staff and pretty soon he launched an investigation to "find the SP who is holding down the stats". He decided it was the OES but nothing was done about it. A few years later another three staff members got together to launch a similar investigation and came up with the same person - the OES. Nothing was done. I was an upstat member of public and I worked as a volunteer auditor and c/s so I knew the OES well. I wrote numerous KRs on him but nothing got handled. When I left scientology I wrote a three-page KR on him detailing the gross out-tech from just the previous few weeks. Nothing was done. A few months later he died.

Why wasn't he handled? Because he was running three divisions virtually single-handedly since no one wanted to work for him and therefore the org couldn't afford to take him off post. When GAT came out they issued each staff member with a program of actions they needed to carry out in preparation for the release of GAT. Since the OES was holding almost every staff post in three divisions from above he got a stack of programs about three feet high. It was soon after this that he got ill and passed away. He was in his thirties.

13. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

I received a promo piece from Denver Ideal Org recently, encouraging me to join staff and it had some really uptone OT success stories by current staff members. . .

At least the staff there seem to be winning and enjoying themselves. So, rather than criticize them, I thought to myself: "Well, if that's what makes them happy, why not? Hey, live and let live!"

[ACTUAL PUBLISHED SUCCESS STORY BELOW]
    "Scientology helped me remember and revitalize my natural immortality.Incidental to recovering my true self and many abilities long neglected, my life is happier and I am more capable at everything I do. I had gains from the first year I studied Scientology and those gains have built and expanded over the years since.

The first thing I read by L. Ron Hubbard in 1974 was the Aims of Scientology. He said Scientology aims for a world without war, crime, and insanity. I was an angry young man looking for a group that might help solve the problems of this world, so I looked into Scientology. I'm not angry anymore.

As more and more people rediscover their true selves through Scientology, together we WILL achieve a world without war, crime, and insanity." -RF (OT VIII)

[​IMG]

NOTATION: Success story text (above in green) is verbatim--from Fowler's actual personal Scn web-page as it appeared, before he was convicted and given a prison sentence of life without parole, for premeditated 1st degree murder.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  14. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

Why do I have this recurring thought that if Rex had beaten the murder rap, he would now be touring orgs as an inspiration OT VIII FSM lecturing on:

LIVE AND LET LIVE!
    HOW TO APPLY RON'S WAY TO HAPPINESS
    PRECEPT "DO NOT MURDER" CORRECTLY
    SO YOU CAN FLOURISH AND PROSPER!

I'm out of my mind, right?

Yeah, okay, I'm crazy but the Feshback brother who went bankrupt and millions in debt to the IRS is touring orgs teaching people how to handle their finances so that they can "flourish and prosper".

I'm not making this cult shit up, LOL. ​

15. renegade

I heard a story about an IAS reg that told a Patron who owed a ton in back taxes to the IRS, to close the business down. Voila! No more tax bill!