Dianetics "stainless steel edition"

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by survivalist, Apr 8, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. survivalist

survivalist Patron

Came across this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scientology...762731?hash=item4d5010d72b:g:HuEAAOSw2xRYR73g

Since that will eventually be closed, pics archived here: http://imgur.com/a/LG1YX

This amazes me. I understand CSI has archived all of Hubbard's writings on titanium plates, etc. at their New Mexico base.

And I can understand someone buying/being pressured to buy a fancy gilded edition of Church texts (if not multiple copies).

But owning your own "stainless steel" edition of Dianetics...wow. I guess if the nuclear war comes, at least you'll still have your own private (albeit highly irradiated) copy to read in the rubble?

Do you think these were really limited to 25...

Anyone have more info on this? First time I've run across it. Was this a promo phase the Church went through? I never saw ads for these...

2. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Isn't this for the box only or have I misread something here?

3. JackStraw

JackStraw Silver Meritorious Patron

Why would anyone want it, anyway?

Doesn't it have all those pesky, criminal editor's evil deeds in them still? :melodramatic:

Can you send it to Miscavige to have it updated? :eyeroll:

Jack

4. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

In a "Mad Max" future, the metal will probably be appreciated...

[​IMG]

5. survivalist

survivalist Patron

The auction is for the box - but the accompanying literature states that apparently you could buy a stainless steel edition of Dianetics.

Also, this is someone selling used on ebay...can you imagine what this cost original retail from CoS?

My first thought was $50K but it wouldn't surprise me if this sold for $100K or more.

6. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

:omg: when was it....anyhow...I got the reg tour through a display they had up I think it was in the Crystal Ballroom at Flag with some of that stuff. I know they were trying to reg $$$ out of me for the "preservation of the tech" at that time...
    But I didn't know that they actually sold or even had any of that project for sale.
    Makes sense in a way cause of course DM had it all corrected after the project was well underway...at least that is how I understood it. So of course selling old transcriptionist altered tech would be about DM level of exchange.....fraud fraud fraud straight up and vertical..

7. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

When will the steel edition of the whole contents of ESMB come out? I'll be first in line.