Did Scientology give you a PROBLEM you did NOT WANT?

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Idle Morgue, Apr 7, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

For me, it was the LIES! The Bridge to total freedom and the state of CLEAR! All LIES!
    :grouch::bigcry::no::nervous::melodramatic::duh: IT WAS A CULT AND I DID NOT KNOW IT!!!:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:
    What problem did Scientology give you that you did not WANT?

2. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Patron

That America still had slaves that needed freeing.

3. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

I would say that having my attention fixed on "getting up the bridge" was a problem. For me, it was a treadmill to a broken career and winding up out on the streets of downtown Los Angeles from ages 29 thru 31. Of course, there is nothing like finding yourself out on the street to disabuse you of any notion of the HubTurdian "bridge" ... at that point, you KNOW you are persona non grata at any Scientology "church" where you are nothing to them without a pile of cash. If you are out on the street, even the thought of talking to a redge is an absurd joke.

Pete

4. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

They gave me money problems. I was being cheated and robbed by them all the time.

5. Ted

Ted Gold Meritorious Patron

According to Hubbard, that's what SPs do.

I love it when a philosophy comes together like that.

6. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Lemme see, from Jan. to April 2011

Financial mugging, (57k)
    Bankruptcy
    High blood pressure, (215/140!) (right now is down to 140/89)
    Almost had a stroke
    Weight gain, (25# in four months)
    Semi-serious mental breakdown
    Destroyed my business
    ...and other ancillary problems

On the plus side I have to say they "educated" me into a full understanding of just how criminal they are. :yes:

7. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

Re-inforcement of the work-to-live-in-poverty "ethic".

8. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I immediately ceased to feel comfortable with 'normal' people (non cultic) but at the same time I didn't trust/like or feel comfortable with the scientologists that replaced them ... and that created a strange kind of loneliness for decades until I got out and started to reconnect with reality, I'm still working at that and am very late learning how normal people deal with each other.

The only scientologists I ever really felt comfortable with were my own children ... and they disconnected when they became adults.

:hmm:

Gotta learn to see the funny side of that.

Ha ha ha.

:no:

9. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

Hang in there dude. Getting that monkey off your back is the first and most effective step. It's amazing how much easier life is without that doomsday cult hanging around seeing dollar signs in their eyes every time they look at you. What a bunch of pathetic ass-wipes. Fuck $cientology, fuck L. Con Rubhard, David Manhole and anybody that tries to forward that human mental virus.

10. Miss Pert

Miss Pert Silver Meritorious Patron

They gave me the problem of having to choose between them and my friends. :angry:

Oh, hang on.... that wasn't really a problem, that was one of the easiest choices I have ever had to make. :biggrin:

OK! They made me choose between making a substantial donation to the IAS or joining staff. Now that was a lose lose situation. :duh:

11. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

I have yet to meet someone I can consider "normal" unless I apply the mathematical meaning of "normal" which then includes people who can stand vertically in relation to the ground.

12. It gave me an intense feeling of hynotism and feeling like I was in a "safe environment". It gave me a group of people around me, all lovebombing me and telling me I was "special". It gave me a sense of belonging.

Then I found out it was all a lie --- It was in fact a high pressure business operating on fraud and deception:ohmy:!

The problem... I devoted my time and energy based on a lie!

13. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

It gives me a dilemma. As a responsible person I am compelled to protect other people from this life-destroying scam in an immediate and direct manner by burning down those buildings but at the same time I know such an act to be illegal and therefore wrong and therefore there is nothing I can possibly do whilst knowing that no government is going to take action to stop this

14. British Mom

British Mom Patron with Honors

I got loads of problems from Scientology/St. Hill, once I realised that most people were PTS to the Org, I left. They were not my problems, just ones created by the CULT & it still continues. I dont have many problems in my life now, only that my daughter disconnected in 2000, thats my main problem, otherwise I am happy without Scientology Cult.:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

15. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

Not 100% true. Governments around the world are doing everything in their power to destroy their economies, inflate their currencies to the point of utter worthlessness, end any notion whatsoever of a so-called "middle class," and merge us into a one world political, economic, and religious order. If Scientology is not outlawed completely, it will only be affordable by top globalist turds who would either 1) not bother with it or 2) if they did do Scientology they would most heartily deserve it, with all the horseshit that goes with it. Welcome to the 21st century.

Pete

16. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Note to self ... try and remember to use a word like 'ordinary' instead of 'normal' ... when differentiating between culties and non culties ... or not.

:nervous:

17. phénix

phénix Patron with Honors

Extreme anxiety, feeling disconnected from life and myself, kinda hypnotised, for years and having to cope with that instead of living my life
    :angry:

18. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

It's interesting that so much of auditing has to do with problems. Did so and so give you a problem? PTSness looks for problems the person has been given. This all works up to the point that you realize the only problems you really have are being given you by scientology.

Disconnection...not only forced disconnection within my family but it caused some
    non-scientology family to disconnect from me. Double whammy.
    Bribery....i.e. if you stay "active" on the bridge or "active" helping you may avoid
    a tremendous amount of raking over the coals, interference with your life
    and undue attention on whether you are an acceptable unit to them.
    A lifestyle revolving around a disproportionate tithing, which is leeched from you
    by the bloodsuckers that they are.
    A "careful of" manner of speaking lest you let some true feeling slip and are
    reported, thereby causing you enormous aggravation. Again. And again.
    You "learn" how to "not" speak.
    The problem of continuously being "in PR" to others lower on the bridge or in your
    family so as not to let them think they are seeing what they are really
    seeing. You convince them it's all for a good cause and these little
    "flaws" should be overlooked. The little flaws being the rape and pillage
    of funds from people, forced disconnections, abuse, etc.
    Glad to be free!:yes:

19. True that. I am thankful and grateful for having woken up myself... However, at the same time I feel bad for the suckers, the ones you see in the photos in those ridiculous "fundraisers", still in there battling away at a losing game. The economy is suffering enough and you have to be constantly adapting. You have to have your wits about you. If your stuck in a cult being milked for all money and mind f#*ked at the same time, it just makes it SO much harder for folks like this to evolve in today's world. It's sad, pure and simple.

But to your point, I think Scientology will become more and more for the 1%. Inflation and decreasing value of the dollar, etc. it is inevitable. Scientology won't become cheaper, they will naturally become more greedy and push for more and more. So with Scientology's prices going up, value of the dollar decreasing, inflation increasing, etc. Man it ain't good! It actually makes me wanna cringe thinking about it!

I think another thing to realise here is that the 1% want to get value for there money too, perhaps even more so than regular folks. So they needed to get "hooked" fairly early on, otherwise they're out the door. Plus the middle class are in trouble, which is from my understanding a large portion of Scientology's market. And they are likely to get hit the hardest in the current economy, so Scientology will be affected that way also.

All that would be left with is their current small "dedicated" group. They will milk them more and more, of course, which will result more defections. But even for the "loyalists" that stay, they are getting older themselves and are not going to live forever. Maybe some "second generation" will come through, but I would imagine this would be a lot less, as they did not search out Scientology to begin with.

Wow, the more I look at it, the bleaker Scientology's future really looks! Sorry for the rant:p...

20. Moosejewels

Moosejewels Patron Meritorious

Success Story - I was a hard working, somewhat educated idiot who suddenly found myself broke, with overwhelming debt sitting on top of my head. But I had all those enlightened friends telling me what a wonderful, successful person I truly was. "What do you mean you're broke"! Here's what you can do. You can provide your skills to the org free of charge until such time as you can legally (or illegally) borrow more money and continue up the bridge. . . .blah, blah, blah. Oh, and bye the way, the bridge has been modified and you'll have to start over. AND I DID ! Maybe this post doesn't belong on this thread. Sorry :no: