Do subliminal CDs work?

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by Amadeus Einstein, Mar 27, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Amadeus Einstein

Amadeus Einstein Patron with Honors

Someone sent me a link to http://www.subliminal-audio.com/ and it looks rather interesting, but I have questions on the following:

You see, I'm still struggling to understand what other practices mean by "the subconscious mind". In my frame of reference, is this just some part of your knowingness? The GE? The bank?

This raises interesting questions as to the nature and level of perception, i.e. to what extent can sounds be perceived even though they are very low in volume or embedded in another sound such as background music. Why should this be more effective than speech that a person can fully hear? Is there any evidence that the affirmations are picked up at all on any level?

2. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

I am of the opinion that subliminal suggestions in those type of cd's do work.

But also of the opinion that the better situation would be to make conscious decisions to have life be a certain way and continue to do this consciously in each moment, rather than to install some sort of mechanism in the background of the mind to do it.

Usually its the hard way that works and the easy way that is the trap.

Conscously living life, fully aware of goals and acting towards them in each present moment, is not easy.

I do though have a fondness for the non suggestive biaural cd's such as those from the Monroe institute.

alex