What's new

EFT for Scientologists

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
If you have some training in Scientology and in EFT then there is a Yahoo Group formed that merges the two clearing technologies.

Div6

Crusader
I just heard about EFT yesterday. Is there a brief synopsis on it somewhere? My (rudimentary) understanding is that it is mainly a body tech....with tagential mental results.

wogmonster

Patron
Interesting. I just read the wiki on it. I am somewhat familiar with some of the work of a few of the individuals referenced in it. I must say I like the concept, though it is resistant to empirical scientific study as a complete system, so it seems.

It also presupposes the experience is a negative one and that the negative emotions follow from the experience. I'm not sure I agree with this theorem.

It presupposes the judgment of the experience as a negative one before the negative emotions are experienced. This is only my interpretation of what I've read. Somewhere I probably have a book from one of these folks which covers it in more depth.

Donna Eden has been working with subtle energies for quite some time along with David Feinstein and others. Bill Tiller has done quite a bit of actual empirical scientific investigation on energy, environment and attitude on the Scientific Method itself.

EFT is called pseudoscience by critics. Perhaps it is, from the very narrow confines of the scientific establishment. But most of the outre' scientists out there are doing fascinating work out on the fringe. I for one don't believe Science will ever have all the answers. To me, the Universe is more oblique, subtle and complex than we will ever know.

Like everything else, it probably works well for those who need it. I don't believe in any one 'true' path for all to follow. What a boring world that would truly be if the Universe operated that way. I hope it doesn't.

But I also can't see Scientology and EFT getting together, either. I will have to watch, learn and be fascinated.....or repelled....:omg: