Emmy nominations for Leah Remini's Scientology and the aftermath

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by Karen#1, Jul 13, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

WOWWWWWWWW!!!

Fantastic news!!

And, man, did they ever deserve to win it. How brilliant and rare is it for a show to be both riveting entertainment, enlightening AND truly helpful to people in their current lives?!

A question lingers in my mind: How come the aggregate worldwide supernatural powers and 100% workable technology of all OTs combined could not defeat a few low toned wogs/SPs?

Why do downtone humans with no tech easily win against an entire army of miraculously omniscient & omnipotent homo novi? We should probably ask an OT VIII:

• Like Like x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • List
  2. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

This is AMAZEBALLS. They look pretty happy:

Attached Files:

3. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

• Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. CommunicatorIC

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  6. CommunicatorIC

VIDEO: Leah Remini (Scientology and the Aftermath) 2017 Emmy Awards Press Room Winner Interview.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  7. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

In her Emmy acceptance speech, Leah forgives her mom for getting her into Scientology

Leah Remini forgave her mom for getting her into the Scientology “cult,” while accepting her Creative Arts Emmy Award on Saturday night.

Mom, thank you. You are officially forgiven,” Deadline reports Remini said after accepting her award for Best Informational Series or Special for her A&E docuseries Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.

Remini infamously left the Church of Scientology, a religion that she had been a member of since she was teenager, in 2013. Aftermath focuses on the lives of those who contend their lives have been adversely impacted by the religion and its stringent list of guidelines.

The former King of Queens star went on dedicate her award to “our brave contributors who, despite ongoing risk and repercussion, spoke out and told their stories.”​

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. CommunicatorIC

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  9. CommunicatorIC

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. CommunicatorIC

ET Online - EXCLUSIVE: Leah Remini Breaks Down Crying After Emotional Emmys Speech About Scientology

http://www.etonline.com/exclusive-leah-remini-breaks-down-crying-after-emotional-emmys-speech-about-scientology-86947

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Leah Remini took home the Emmy for Outstanding Informational Series for her A&E docu-series Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath over the weekend, and the actress was brought to tears by the emotional win.

ET's Courtney Tezeno caught up with Remini backstage at the Creative Arts Emmys on Saturday after her emotional speech where she and her Scientology and the Aftermath co-presenter Mike Rinder opened up on what the win meant for them.

"We're very grateful and emotional," Remini said, wiping away tears as she smiled.

"[We're] appreciative of everybody that has supported this show and all the people that were willing to stand up and speak," added Rinder who, like Remini, is also a former member of Scientology who left the church and has frequently spoken out against it.

During her acceptance speech, Remini got emotional as she dedicated the win to the "brave contributors who [worked on the series] despite ongoing risk and repercussions."

"It's not an easy job, but they were the ones putting their stories out there for everyone to hear. And we are honored to be the vessel to tell these stories," she explained. "It's about doing the right thing. This doesn't belong to me, it belongs to our contributors."

When ET spoke with Remini and Rinder on the red carpet, the pair echoed those sentiments, sharing, "For our contributors it's amazing [to be nominated]. They are here tonight with us as our guests and we couldn't be more honored to be their voice. To be able for them to tell their stories through us is a humbling experience."

"It's really wonderful for people who have had no voice to now be given a voice by Leah and this show, and to have the world experience what they experienced is very important," Rinder added. "We hope that by doing that, it's going to prevent the suffering that some of these people have been through from other people having to experience the same thing."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  11. HelluvaHoax!

Outstanding! Thanks for the tip on Bryan Seymour's great article.

For anyone wondering if it's worth reading, have no doubts at all.

Don't miss it!

TEASER EXCERPT:

"As the Emmy Award winner was announced David Miscavige, the leader of Scientology, leapt from the couch in his luxury apartment, threw his half-empty whiskey glass at the wall and turned on a young staffer, screaming abuse in a fit of violent rage. That's how I imagine his reaction based on first-hand accounts of how he handles bad news. This is Very Bad News.

Leah Remini’s Show Scientology: The Aftermath winning in Los Angeles at the weekend could well signal the beginning of the end for the Church of Scientology............"

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  12. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

A few short years ago we would've all been doing cartwheels together and posting our congrats at the same time (lol) ... but rest assured I am definitely doing cartwheels here because this is absolutely brilliant news!

Many thanks to Mike, Leah and all concerned ... you didn't have to do anything at all but you did it anyway and the cult must surely be close to total collapse.

May it rot in hell.

:yay:

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  13. Ysa'Leia

Ysa'Leia New Member

Yeah...way to go Leah and Mike......Keep up the good work on exposing scientology........DM and cronies messed with the wrong ex-scientologist........

14. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

That was my first thought. I feel really sorry for DM's minions right now. :eek:

15. HelluvaHoax!

LULU BELLE said:
    "That was my first thought. I feel really sorry for DM's minions right now."
    :eek:

Your post provoked an unusual, but i think true idea...

If COB physically beat a Scn executive and then told that exec to write a SUCCESS STORY about the beating, they would do it. And it would be a real success story. I have no doubt at all that would really happen.

This shows me that Scientologists are profoundly susceptible to suggestion and can easily be overwhelmed by others "reality"

Which in turn shows why the Bridge "works".

A Scientologist can have a win on anything, if they think they are supposed to.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  16. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Well, this win for the TV Series dealing with the horrible truth of what the evil of Scientology really is, is outstanding good news.

And I must say, how wonderful it is to see that great big wonderful smile of Leah's and how Mr. Rinder looks so elegant in black tie and tux!:party:

17. SouthernCanuck

SouthernCanuck Jabberwocky In-Training

Well deserved. Never miss an episode.

18. Sock Puppy

Sock Puppy Patron with Honors

So much win, almost makes you feel sorry for Scientology. Almost, but not quite . . .

Congratulations to Leah, you go girl!!

19. SouthernCanuck

SouthernCanuck Jabberwocky In-Training

I feel sorry for the poor souls still stuck in the nightmare, or with family members still in. But never for the Schutzstaffel .

20. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

My girl Lainey...

http://www.laineygossip.com/leah-re...-emmy-for-scientology-and-the-aftermath/47879

Leah Remini’s anti-Sci Emmy

[​IMG]

Posted by Lainey
    3:59 PM September 12, 2017

[​IMG]

Leah Remini’s show, Scientology and the Aftermath, won the Emmy for Outstanding Information Series at the Creative Arts Emmys on Sunday. I’m not sure the Outstanding Information Series Emmy winner ordinarily generates a lot of headlines. The reason it’s generating headlines, of course, is because Leah Remini has a platform and also because she’s been using that platform to criticise the Church of Scientology which is associated with other more famous people.

During her acceptance speech, Leah thanked her mother and joked that she had “officially forgiven (her mother) for getting us into a cult”. On a more serious note, she also spoke about the people whose stories were told on the show, and thanked them for the risk they took in sharing. Have you seen Scientology and the Aftermath? I’ve watched half of an episode and I was into it, but I think I got sidetracked by something and then forgot to go back. Anyone I know though who does watch it is obsessed. The stories are compelling –some might say they’re terrifying – but also, Leah Remini knows how to tell a story. Because it’s not like the information hasn't been online for years. It’s just that she’s been able to curate it all and get it into a series that’s been digestible. Obviously the Academy thought so too. Or maybe they just recognised her name, probably the most recognisable name in that category, and put a checkmark in the box without actually watching the show. Either way, Leah’s lording it over the Church. And it might make things even more interesting on Sunday when the main show Emmys are happening. Not sure if Leah is going. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her there though. She’s now a series regular on Kevin Can Wait. The season premiere is happening a week after the Emmys. I can’t imagine CBS wouldn’t want her there promoting the show. And if she is there, how far apart on the carpet will they keep Leah and Elisabeth Moss?

You know what we haven’t yet talked about re: Elisabeth Moss and Scientology? This:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Elisabeth Moss is a Scientologist. Nicole Kidman was married to the most prominent Hollywood Scientologist and was, supposedly, declared a Suppressive Person after they divorced. But Elisabeth and Nicole worked together on Top Of The Lake: China Girl. And clearly got on well, or pretended to get on well, even though Scientologists are supposed to avoid SPs. Did Elisabeth get special permission to work with an SP? Or has Nicole’s SP status been lifted after so many years of abstaining from talking about the Church?

Leah wrote in her book that she’s always admired Nicole, especially when after she quit the Church:

"During this confusing early period, I sometimes felt adrift," Remini recalled in her book. "But I had one figure I kept front and center in my mind to keep from going crazy: Nicole Kidman. That’s right, Tom Cruise’s ex was my guardian angel. Although I never met her or attempted to meet her, I thought about her a lot."

Nicole will definitely be at the Emmys on Sunday. As will Elisabeth. And Leah too. I mean, I doubt any crazy sh-t will go down. But imagine?!