Ex GO with a question

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Dean Blair, Dec 5, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

A friend of mine just sent me this email below and would like to know how he can help or who to contact. I told him to post it here but he has not been on ESMB before. Can anyone give me some information to answer his question? Thank you.

Hi Dean,

I'm at my computer now, and I wanted to ask you if you knew of a person I could send an email to that might be interested in my experience regarding forced abortions at Flag. I saw a recent You-Tube video about a legal case here in California regarding how the Sea Org forced a young girl to have an abortion. The church denies it, but I know from being in the Guardian's Office this was standard operating procedures. We would receive a list of all the people who needed to get abortions and make sure they got it. The problem was there were so many people having abortions at the Clearwater free clinic it was creating a PR flap. So since I was in the Public Relation's bureau, I had to organized with the church's motorpool to schedule transportation to various free clinics throughtout southern Florida.

I'm not sure who to email or talk to regarding my experience or whether it would be helpful testimony, so I thought I'd email you first as to who you might think I could write. I'm not that connected to what's going on, and I was hoping one day my two daughters would reconnect with me. But that looks like that will never happen, so I don't mind being more vocal about the crimes the church has committed. So if you know of this case or anyone I can contact regarding it, please send me an email or phone number I can call.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

That's a great post but GAH! please change the font color! Couldn't even read it, had to select the text to read it in the inverse colors.

3. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

My first reaction to this, Dean, is to have the person email to each of the law firms who have been involved in cases on behalf of ex-members against the Cof$. This because, future cases are likely to be put in the hands of these guys.

Currently, I'm trying to remember if there are any ongoing or in abeyance cases where this testimony would be valuable . . . for once it has been deposed its on a permanent useable record.

Then there are those who are likely themselves to be called as experts on the cult . . . those who've already written exposes on it . . . and finally there are our media friends who have exposed the cult in the media . . .

Example: Brian Seymour at ABC in Oz
    "Bryan Seymour" <BSeymour@seven.com.au>

4. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

I think anyone seeking explicit information like this should be willing to post and sign the request.

They're asking for HIPAA-protected, medical information.

TG1

5. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

tonyo94 AT gmail.com

6. Deeana

Deeana Patron with Honors

"I think anyone seeking explicit information like this should be willing to post and sign the request.

They're asking for HIPAA-protected, medical information."

I don't see anyone asking for any medical information in that email, explicit or non-explicit. To me it reads that the author of the email is wanting to know to whom they can tell their own personal story. Where is there any request for medical information in the email?

7. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

I wrote to Tony Ortega and let him know. I also thought I would let Karen #1 know as well. They should be able to help with this.

8. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

So many possibilities and I understand Mark Bunker is getting near the end of his documentary " Knowledge Report" I am sure he can be reached through Xenu TV.

9. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Get him here! :cake:

JJacobson or ShyDavid, maybe Toretsky, would be good people to approach on this. The reality is , is that you came here, and maybe you don't realise it yet, but this is an excellent place to tell your story, as many others have. Please fell free to look around, meet some people, read a whole bunch, because I think in here you will find much brilliance amongst the ashes of Hubbard's messed-up long-con. Check out the link in my siggy, the Big List of People Who Have Left and Spoken Out, head over to WWP and poke around, OCMB, and , of course, Mark Bunker, Tory, Tony, and Karen et al.

Just a quick thought and pre-welcome thingy.

:welcome: & :cheers:

10. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

I gave him this thread URL too :)

11. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

I derp'd with my above post, as I wrote you already posted. Oh, if its a really good story, and it sounds like it is, then how about approaching the St.PetesTimes down in Fla., or other 'unafraid' media? Get a story together guys, the more first-person accounts of the madness the better I are thinking :)

12. OTBT

OTBT Patron Meritorious

13. Random guy

Random guy Patron with Honors

Ortega is the way to go. He will know whom to contact.

14. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

It's only HIPPA-protected if the person with the info is in the health care industry.

Somebody working at the abortionist's office would be covered under HIPPA. Somebody working in the GO and arranging transport to the abortionist's office would not.

15. I need some clarification. I was in and around the SO from the late 70s to the mid 90s. The whole forced abortion thing was not present, from what I recall, until after the 'No Kids' order came out in the mid 80s. After that, if they found out you were pregnant, they would put you on heavy mest work in hopes of causing a mis-carriage (which happened to my wife), and if that didn't work, they harassed you into aborting. So my question is, was forced abortion around in the 70s, when this Ex GO person would have been active (the GO ended in the early or mid 70s if I remember correctly) and if it was, will anyone listen to 40 year old testimony?