What's new

Exscientologykids.com: NEW SITE LAUNCH

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Wow, I teared up while reading your story, Kendra. The stories of the people who grew up in Scientology seem to affect me more than the stories of those who went there seeking answers to soul-deep questions. Maybe because you guys never had a choice or a chance. :no:

I am not one of the real, 4chan Anonymous members, but I went and protested with them in my city largely because of posts I read on here from people who were feeling empowered at last by seeing an army of supporters. It suddenly seemed important to go stand up for those who were unable to; to do on their behalf the thing that they could not, out of fear or whatever other crippling psychological barriers they are/were struggling with, and of course, the very real threat that they would be recognized and harmed in someway. I don't know any Scientologists other than on the Internet, so it's not like they'd recognize my voice or something, and there was no reason that I couldn't go stand for a bit across form the local org and try to represent those who were still huddling together, but peeking at the spectacle through the Internet window. I broke my arm trying to pat myself on the back afterwards for being such a great guy and have secretly harbored some idle thoughts that I could sit the next round out, having done my part already. Seeing you put your face and name on the Internet like this and saying that you found the courage to do so from people who were willing to step up and protest, makes me feel ashamed for wanting to retire to the sidelines after the incredible self-sacrifice of like, a whole two hours of my time two weeks ago. :eyeroll: I will stick it out instead; I owe you that as a fellow human being. :yes:

I played MTG from 4th Edition on through Stronghold, and there were NEVER any hotties at the tournaments I played in. Maybe I should buy a new deck and take it up again. :p

I love your post!
The whole subject of those who grew up within Scientology is a unique one, there was no choice. Hearing these stories sheds light where little has been, and it wonderful to have people understand and support those who need it. :)

IllegalPC

Kendra -- I've been in and out of the Church, and in and around the critical community, under various names and guises, for a long time. I rarely write. And less so for years.

Which is my way of saying that I was truely touched by your story. I'm very sorry about the loss (hopefully temporary) of your family. It troubles me greatly. On the other hand, I'm thankful you found your fiancé. It is good you are not alone.

Also, I understand the void very well. The need for purpose and meaning. After they have (purpose and meaning) have been handed to your for years, it can be very difficult to figure out that you have to decide your own purpose and create your own meaning.

SarahNW

Patron
Wow, I teared up while reading your story, Kendra. The stories of the people who grew up in Scientology seem to affect me more than the stories of those who went there seeking answers to soul-deep questions. Maybe because you guys never had a choice or a chance. :no:

I am not one of the real, 4chan Anonymous members, but I went and protested with them in my city largely because of posts I read on here from people who were feeling empowered at last by seeing an army of supporters. It suddenly seemed important to go stand up for those who were unable to; to do on their behalf the thing that they could not, out of fear or whatever other crippling psychological barriers they are/were struggling with, and of course, the very real threat that they would be recognized and harmed in someway. I don't know any Scientologists other than on the Internet, so it's not like they'd recognize my voice or something, and there was no reason that I couldn't go stand for a bit across form the local org and try to represent those who were still huddling together, but peeking at the spectacle through the Internet window. I broke my arm trying to pat myself on the back afterwards for being such a great guy and have secretly harbored some idle thoughts that I could sit the next round out, having done my part already. Seeing you put your face and name on the Internet like this and saying that you found the courage to do so from people who were willing to step up and protest, makes me feel ashamed for wanting to retire to the sidelines after the incredible self-sacrifice of like, a whole two hours of my time two weeks ago. :eyeroll: I will stick it out instead; I owe you that as a fellow human being. :yes:

I played MTG from 4th Edition on through Stronghold, and there were NEVER any hotties at the tournaments I played in. Maybe I should buy a new deck and take it up again. :p

Stronghold! Now there's a blast from the past. I wasn't even playing then, I only got started around 8th edition, so I'm a pretty recent convert, but I love playing when I have time. ;)

I just want to say thanks for doing what you have done for us already - regardless of how much or how little - it's the support that matters, it's the people willing to say "no more", it's the people willing to listen. So thank you. Thank you so much.

If anyone needs anything, PM me or email me through the site. Thanks!
-Kendra

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Good site, Kendra. I read your story. It saddens and sickens me--as you say, your father and mother being decent people and loving you and knowing you are not suppressive but readily agreeing to go along with the requirements of the CofS that they not talk to you for the rest of their lives.

Edmund Burke said, ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.’

To anyone still doing nothing....

Paul