What's new

Flagdown 2014: Day 5 Friday 9 May

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Starting this thread to provide a [STRIKE]clam[/STRIKE] calm serene internet corner for those that want to discuss the speakers, etc, as we watch the live broadcast which can be found here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/flag-down-2014

According to my time zone clock converter thing, we have about 1 & ½ hrs until they hook up the wires and start broadcasting.

Meanwhile I’ll rant on about how it is Saturday morning here in NZ and how far behind the times the rest of the world is. :eyeroll:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Okay, I am ready but perhaps they aren't.

So, this is where we get to practice the "art of patience" and chat nicely among ourselves.

How is the weather where you are?

Here in my little corner of the world we have a lovely autumn morning. :)

(this is me trying to develop the "art of small talk". I am crap at it!)

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Message on live stream chat:

7pm start.

Keeping chatting nicely between yourselves or take a nervous pee or make yourselves a nice cup of tea or freshen up your lippy or answer some emails or grab a cold beer. :)

Leland

Crusader
My bathroom tile is all up and grouted. Installed new fixtures....sink and such. Ordered a new shower curtain. Still a lot to do, but starting to come together.

Weather is cooler today.

Early evening here.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
My bathroom tile is all up and grouted. Installed new fixtures....sink and such. Ordered a new shower curtain. Still a lot to do, but starting to come together.

Weather is cooler today.

Early evening here.

Great to hear bathroom project is moving in the right direction. What colour tiles did you use?

How am I doing with the small talk? lol.

Leland

Crusader
Fine small talk.

It it was a tough choice. I settled on small 2x2 Matt finish yellow porcelain tile. The shower is in the corner and pie shaped. That floor has a curved pattern of bands of yellow and gray 1x1 tiles. Kind of a sunshine pattern.

Leland

Crusader
I was going for a clean modern architectural clean look... Kinda.
How's New Zealand? Any Kiwis around?

FoTi

Crusader
Message on live stream chat:

7pm start.

Keeping chatting nicely between yourselves or take a nervous pee or make yourselves a nice cup of tea or freshen up your lippy or answer some emails or grab a cold beer. :)

It's after 7pm....still nothing. I hope everything is okay.

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Meanwhile, here is the video Chris Sheldon made for the Flag Down event....

[video=youtube_share;6JtHdp8ny3g]http://youtu.be/6JtHdp8ny3g[/video]

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
It's after 7pm....still nothing. I hope everything is okay.

A process server is on the scene... seems he has been asked to leave by police. Here is a quote from comments at the Underground Bunker.

Bury_The_Nuts27 minutes ago Posting for Xander:
Process server here. Was asked to leave by the police. He has left the building, but still on property.
We do not know who was his target.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Fine small talk.

It it was a tough choice. I settled on small 2x2 Matt finish porcelain tile. The shower is in the corner and pie shaped. That floor has a curved pattern of bands of yellow and gray 1x1 tiles. Kind of a sunshine pattern.

Nice! Hints of Art Deco using the sunshine pattern? I lived in a city with loads of Art Deco architecture for several years, got very fond of "all things Art Deco".

I think I prefer the matt finish, easier to keep looking clean. The very glossy look shows every little spot of imperfection/dirt.

NZ is all good thanks. Loads of kiwis wandering around all speaking with funny accents. :p

No, seriously, the kiwi bird is a fascinating creature. Not many of them around these days but there has been a huge push to re-populate them. Very shy flightless nocturnal birds. Kind of stupid really, being a bird but ya can't fly. What's the point in being a bird if ya can't fly? :confused2:

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
A process server is on the scene... seems he has been asked to leave by police. Here is a quote from comments at the Underground Bunker.

Now this...

Bury_The_Nuts10 minutes ago Xander thinks the papers were for him. I told him I could loan him a pen.
He gives a mean stink eye ;-)

And this good news...
TheHoleDoesNotExist16 minutes ago Jamie de Wolf just walked in, and Ray Emmons right behind, with a large poster of Ron and his screaming tomatoes.

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
First a brief talk by Mark Bunker. Now John Sweeney is speaking.

(And yay! They moved the camera just now so the podium is centered on the screen.)

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
I didn't know they were nocturnal. That is also strange for birds....except the owl. My grasshoppers are doing ok. They are getting bigger....and one molted last night. :omg: