Forgotten Self-Deprogramming Techniques

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by The Great Zorg, Feb 18, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. The Great Zorg

The Great Zorg Gold Meritorious Patron

After reading many posts here at ESMB, I am reminded of techniques I developed to start ridding myself of scientology's programming:

1. Force myself to reword ideas, conclusions and thoughts into non-scientology language (normal English)

2. Constantly remind myself that virtually EVERYTHING in scientology is a lie of some sort or to some degree.

3. Reverse EVERYTHING I read about scientology written by scientology...

lrh: "To a scientologist, the real barbarism of Earth is stupidity. Only in the black muck of ignorance can the irrational conflicts of ideologies germinate."
    becomes....
    "To a non-scientologist, the real barbarism of Earth is scientology. Only in the black muck of hubbard's writings can the irrational conflicts of his ideologies germinate."

... this is going to take years, but that's OK.

2. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

Sounds like some good and workable 'Tech' :)

Zinj

3. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

un-implanting tech....

War, famine, agony and disease has been the lot of Man and Man has been what has made Earth a Hell—and if you were looking for Hell and found Earth, it would certainly serve.

----becomes---​

War, famine, agony and disease has been the lot of Sea Org members and the Sea Org has been what has made Earth a Hell--and if you were looking for Hell and found the RPF, it would certainly serve (but not serve anything except rice and beans).

4. The Great Zorg

Funny.:thumbsup:

5. paul.spiritualquest

paul.spiritualquest Patron with Honors

Yes, Helluva is our "Master" At Arms here on this board. He is the Master of Words. :D

6. Lamb

Lamb Patron with Honors

Funny how your tech is identical to what I came up with to use to deprogram myself! Must be workable, eh?:happydance:

7. randomx

randomx Patron with Honors

Another option

I can vouch for another method.
    A 10 week self administered procedure
    covered by the book "The presence process."
    By Michael Brown.

Just twenty minutes per day.

This process wasn`t designed to eliminate any specific type of mind control.
    It`s a very wide broom.

I`m not someone who has only read one book.
    This is a good one.

8. The Great Zorg

I don't know where I got the ideas from but it was around the time I first started posting at alt.religion.scientology. Since then, like you, I have heard others say the same thing... I guess there must be some normal psychological thinking process at work that maybe every X eventually comes up with.:yes:

9. Lamb

Lamb Patron with Honors

My only additional points to the deprogramming tech were:
    1. Increase sense of humor by listening to the Fuck Scientology album by Enturbulator and,
    2. doing as much reading on critical sites and books as possible.:thumbsup:

10. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

I would also add:

Find and re-connect with other Ex's and discuss your recent realizations.

That helped me bunches. Especially talking to an OT 7 who is completely out.

11. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Yep, that is how to do it

YES - that is how I see scn . . .

AND -
    I wasn't in but a very short time (and can't even recall how long), and when I left I asked myself, So, do I toss out everything, or test it all out, and keep what is good, toss what is crap? Or do I toss it all?

I did a little of both. And yet, as you say, it takes 'years'.

I was testing the stuff out for years, and STILL some of it just STUCK. Some of it still sticks.

I learned (heck, am still learning) to open my mind - to new ideas - and to not close it up - ever. Go at every new thing, every old thing, as a child, with an empty slate (not empty mind, BTW). Approach everything is as if you know nothing, even when you think you KNOW it.

The minute you think you know something, you have closed the door to anything new, and built a box around yourself. A closed system.

And there is ALWAYS something new to be found, even in the oldest of things. Approach with no preconceived ideas. Fresh eyes.

I have to remind myself of this every single day - LOL. And still I end up thinking I KNOW. I say it over and over an over to myself, Erase the box, Erase the box, Erase the box. See it anew . . .

And test everything out. You won't be easy to fool, ever again. Trust me on that one.

:yes:

12. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Thank you, sir, but I am a lowly & simple word clearer...wandering the land searching for the illuminating Master Po.

[​IMG]

13. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Banned