What's new

Former DHS Employee Settles Lawsuit With The State

triumph

Silver Meritorious Patron
Former DHS Employee Settles Lawsuit With The State
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 5:30 PM CDT Updated: Apr 23, 2018 5:30 PM CDT By Dana Hertneky, News 9
OKLAHOMA CITY -
A state investigator who tried shut down the Scientology based drug rehab center Narconon Arrowhead has now settled her lawsuit with the state. She received more than $200,000.
Kim Poff said she was not only fired from her job with the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse for trying to shut down Narconon Arrowhead, but then lost her job with DHS after her attorney told News 9 about the case.
In August 2014, News 9 reported that former Inspector General Kim Poff and another inspector with the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse wanted to shut down the Narconon Arrowhead drug rehab center. But both investigators said because the state didn't want to take on the church of Scientology their recommendations were ignored, their report was buried, and they were fired when they tried to push back.
more @ link
http://www.news9.com/story/38022618/former-dhs-employee-settles-lawsuit-with-the-state

triumph

Silver Meritorious Patron
McAlister News
Dept. of Labor investigating wage claims at Narconon Arrowhead
By Adrian O’Hanlon III | News Editor 4 hrs ago

The Oklahoma Department of Labor is investigating wage claims against a Church of Scientology-backed drug rehab center in Pittsburg County, a department representative confirmed.
Oklahoma Department of Labor General Counsel Don Schooler said the department has two wage claims on file against Narconon Arrowhead. Schooler said the department’s Employment Standards Division’s Wage and Hour Unit will conduct investigations to determine whether the wages were due to the individuals making the claims.
Jamie Adams, 32, of McAlester, said she is a former security worker for the facility and she told the News-Capital that she filed a wage claim against Narconon Arrowhead after allegedly being refused payment from her former employer.

According to her wage claim form, Adams worked at Narconon Arrowhead from May 23, 2018, to July 3, 2018, and she maintains she is owed $420 in unpaid wages.
“I have asked numerous times for my wages and they either don’t respond or tell me they don’t have it yet,” Adams claimed.
A message left for the number listed as Narconon Arrowhead was not immediately returned. Another number for a Narconon Arrowhead representative has been disconnected.

More@link

http://www.mcalesternews.com/galler...cle_b66d467e-9768-11e8-91a3-13796a05e34f.html

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Good to see Kim Poff got some compensation for what she was put through, but it should have been double what she got.....at least.

Now those who chose to look the other way while Narconon patients were put at risk should be investigated. Not wanting to take on the CoS isn't a good excuse to do nothing and fire the investigators who uncovered serious issues. It sounds criminal to me.

Anyone who was a patient at that Narconon after the State of Oklahoma did nothing to intervene and was harmed in any way might want to contact an attorney. I would think that the State of Oklahoma assumed some liability after how they handled the situation.