Freewinds Asbestos discovered ..finally

Discussion in 'Gold Base, Freewinds, and FLAG' started by dr3k, Apr 29, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. dr3k

dr3k Patron with Honors

2. I shudder to think how many people have been exposed to that!

Anyone know the ramifications of this?

3. tookmeawhile

tookmeawhile Patron with Honors

So does this mean OT 8 is suspended indefinitely?? And what newspaper was this in?

4. Mojo

Mojo Silver Meritorious Patron

There's been a lot of talk about asbestos causing cancer lately. Well let me set you straight on this, turns out all the scientific data scientology research has uncovered is proving that what's needed to prevent asbestos generated cancer is more asbestes inhalation, not less. That's right. In fact, if you want to guarantee a fellow never gets cancer, put em in the middle of an absestos factory, close all the doors and windows and have em smoking 3 packs of non-filter cigs per day (preferably kools, according to the research) and you've fixed that fellow up good.

Hope this helps.

Much Love,

LRH

5. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

"The ship was sealed and isolated", that article says, while the (non-Scn) authorities investigate the extent of the danger. My guess is that unless they can be bribed by the CofS the ship will be declared non-habitable. And scrapped, it being not cost-effective to gut and fix. But even so, it will cost millions to scrap (I would guess) as most of the dismantling would have to be done by guys in HazMat suits, would it not?

Then the fun really starts. Criminal proceeding against the owners for hiding the contamination? At which point some SO members will get tossed to the wolves, most likely some scapegoats and not the real culprits.

And then, if not already, the civil suits will start from ex-scio public for reckless endangerment or whatever.

Meanwhile, OT VIII delivery will continue somewhere or other ashore. Maybe in DM's new Jo'burg castle? But probably not.

The CofS will have fun PR'ing this one. :ill: OSA Int PR thought they already had their hands full. Heh! Pass the popcorn.

Has it hit the newswires yet? :)

Paul

6. Dulloldfart

7. dr3k

dr3k Patron with Honors

It will probably cost more to rehabilitate the ship than it will to shit-can it so I think they're going to just shit-can the Freewinds and be done with it. Guess they should never have docked in THAT country huh?

8. NonScio

NonScio Patron Meritorious

Maybe they can sell it to the Navy for target practice?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  9. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

Since Lawrence Woodcraft made his statement about blue asbestos on the Freewinds 7 years ago, does this put CoS in a vulnerable position with regard to the law or do they get around all that by not being registered in the US?

10. Dulloldfart

Dunno. They might deliver outside the US, but they have certainly promoted and regged US citizens inside the US. But quite apart from the legal exposure the PR exposure is TREMENDOUS.

There is no way they can pretend they didn't know about it, not with Lawrence's affidavit and ability to testify (unless they suicide him, or something). Which means they deliberately hid the facts while regging hundreds of millions of dollars and delivering to tens of thousands of their most important customers for twenty years. This should terminally piss off an awful lot of people. It might be the straw that breaks the camel's toe. :)

Their only conceivable defence is the Chief Engineer's line, namely that Hubbard didn't say asbestos was dangerous so they didn't worry about it. That line won't wash in a criminal prosecution or civil suit, but it might work as a PR defence, although swearing blind that you're unbelievably stupid isn't the best of PR options.

2008 will go down in the history books as a bad year for the CofS.

Paul

11. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Hopefully it'll be there last year and not just a bad one. For Sure! It's all comin' out now:thumbsup: And so fast!! There's somthing in the air.. :whistling: All the newbies here all of a sudden, all the bad PR, the real truth is a hairs whisker away.. bring it on:D

12. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Do you give discounts to Sea Org members for stress sessions? Oh, wait...er.....how do you discount 'free'?

13. sandygirl

sandygirl Silver Meritorious Patron

Hmmmm...I don't think any of you are showing the proper "make it go right attidute"!:think: :think:

Maybe this is why our sooper-dooper OT VIII aren't COMPLTELY under control!!

They need BRAND NEW JUST RELEASED GOLDEN AGE OF DUST FREE OPERATING THETAN VIIII!!!!

14. Dulloldfart

The first item is now on Google News. It's timed at one hour ago, from Glosslip.

They give the newspaper report in text, so I've copied it here; easier to read than from the photo.

Paul

15. grundy

grundy Gold Meritorious Patron

Just one comment:

How is this supposed to stop panic??

lol

16. Alanzo

Alanzo Banned

RIGHT ON!!!!

Wooh-hooo!!!!!

This is so excellent. Oh my god this is so great.....:happydance::happydance::hysterical:

17. Dulloldfart

Well, with the ship now being sealed and all, the locals don't have to remain in their large plastic bags any more to avoid breathing the contaminated air from the docks.

Paul

18. Dulloldfart

Perfect fodder for the May 10 Anonymous protest: they've been fair-gaming all their top public, the ship's crew, and Int Management visitors for 20 years by deliberately exposing them. Indiscriminate. Everyone's a Suppressive!

Paul

19. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

GLAD the ship's closed and the asbestos problem exposed!

I keep chuckling over Jason's comment about the Freewinds....'That ship is a fleabag....it ain't no nice luxury liner or nothin'....:lol:

20. sandygirl

sandygirl Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote from Wisend Ones:

How funny I was thinking the same thing!!

How sickening is this-this was KNOWN for years and they kept regging big $$$$$ from their own parishoners!!!

I really have had it with the cover ups from the "most ethical group on the planet"!!!