Freewinds Asbestos discovered ..finally

Discussion in 'Gold Base, Freewinds, and FLAG' started by dr3k, Apr 29, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. riptide

riptide Patron with Honors

Oh shit

I worked on that mother.f....er ship for almost 2 years. Goddamit. I feel a cough coming on. :ohmy:

2. sandygirl

sandygirl Silver Meritorious Patron

Riptide

Just keep watching for one of those "class action" commercials from some legal firm.

You know....Have you or any family members cruised international waters in the asbestoes infested Scientology owned Freewinds? If so call 1-800-***-**** YOU may be entitiled to a large settlement!!!!

All joking aside though, the poor people who were subjected to this for long periods of time have NO recourse through the legal systems. I guess the "chaplans" will be busy!!!!

3. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Asbestos Cancer, also known as Mesothelioma is real and deadly. My father died of this cancer almost 2 years ago. And it's fast. Unless it is caught very, very early, it is a death sentence. And even if caught early on, it's still a death sentence.

My father was given 9 - 18 months - he made it 9. My friend's brother was given about the same amount of time and he made it 18 months with some trial medication.

It's a goo type of cancer, not so much a tumor, so it's nearly impossible to remove.

4. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

BUSTED! :thumbsup:

This may be a connection between Co$ upper level grads & high rates of cancer.

Pardon the seeming sardonic quality of the following but:

This is a good button for Anonymous to push at protests. The SO puts scientologists at risk of cancer by operating a DANGEROUS CRUISE SHIP. Definite possibilities for punning on Tom Cruise's name.

Tom's Cruise Ship of Death!

What Your High Sea's Fee's Really Get You.

Mark A. Baker

5. riptide

Yeah me and about 8 other people I know who were on that tub for years. Holy shit. Holy freaking crap. Holy asbestos ElRon Man!

6. riptide

a brief comment from an attorney regarding this issue

This is an excerpt of an email I just received back from an attorney friend, for what it's worth.

"You may want to have a medical assessment of your pulmonary function to see whether or not you have any “predisposition” from a possible exposure. Asbestos litigation is populated by numerous scoundrels who now being exposed for bringing fraudulent and baseless claims that have prejudiced the limited numbers of workers who were actually injured by exposure. Most asbestos cases are brought against the manufacturer, so you may have claims against possibly involved parties other than the Church."

7. ozzie

ozzie Patron with Honors

oooh just friggin wonderful! My brother was on that crap heap for almost 15yrs. He's now gone and done disappeared. Makes me wonder if he will be ok.

Ozzie:bigcry:

8. GreyLensman

GreyLensman Silver Meritorious Patron

Maybe we've hit the negative make-break point.

Hell, Miscavige will just shoot an arrow in the air and call whatever he hits the target, until someone points out that's his foot.

9. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

No shit, Sherlock.

I'm thinking about starting a FOTD ("Flap of the Day") column.

10. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Actually, in all seriousness, this could very well be something that could happen.

Especially considering all the public who have gone on that ship.

(I bet Jason Beghe has spent time on the ship...)

11. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Would it be possible to 5.4X OUR stats this year?:thumbsup:

12. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

OMG this is HUGE!
    At last these things are being exposed. I am so happy...it's a start. :happydance:

13. OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE Silver Meritorious Patron

HUGE!

Words fail me, and that's saying something. This is Gargantuan. Heads are rolling as we speak. Missions are briefing, midnight oil is burning. The Freewinds SEALED? Oh... MY... GAWD....!!! I can't wait for the shore story on this one, which would be completely stupid as this will be worldwide news in a couple hours, with our press comm lines. This is really outstanding. Very special. A BANNER day for sanity, reason, and the persistence of many people to bring this to light. Caek all around! I was Married on the Freewinds in 2003! I did OT 8 there in 1988! I have been there at least 12 times. I was on the Maiden Voyage. SEALED! Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick. I'm wondering how one gets checked for Blue Asbestos exposure? Lung scraping?
    :omg: You know, Jens Bogvad, who was on the Mission that purchased the Freewinds, died of cancer a few years later. Jesus, this is really big, folks. The Dam is really going to break, nothing to stop it now, get the women and children to higher ground. God DAMN!

14. albert036

albert036 Patron

You should get a good lawyer and make good money off of this.:happydance:

15. Free to shine

Oh Mike - I really hope you and yours haven't been affected. You will get checked out, right?

16. albert036

albert036 Patron

Well, the church can sue the manufacturer. However the church is the one that knew about this and didnt do anything about it, nor alerted its staff and public. :nervous:

17. Free to shine

18. I guess this is going to be canceled then? :melodramatic:

[​IMG]

Oh well. They weren't going to serve cake, no big loss. :cake:

19. grundy

grundy Gold Meritorious Patron

Lulu .. this is a GREAT idea!

20. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, it's newly renovated to the metal heap for scrap metal.:yes: