Gilligan's Island REMAKE to be filmed at Gold Base !!!

Discussion in 'Gold Base, Freewinds, and FLAG' started by SweetnessandLight, Jul 12, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. I just got this today and it sure seems that Gold Base will be used this for some kind of movie or TV production involving thatched huts. :happydance: (Or is it the new place for the RPF people :omg:)

They built a bunch of huts just north of the cine building (the castle). (That's the area that was previously illegally graded :no:).

They're mostly completed the construction of the huts and it appears that there are five huts. :thumbsup: How many huts were there on the Gilligan's island program?

From a distance, in this picture the cine building is on the left and the huts are on the right:
    [​IMG]

The huts, shown behind the graded land area:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Close up of the huts:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is still in construction:
    [​IMG]

Ok, here's the question:

Who will play the various parts the the Gilligan's Island remake at Gold Base?:
    Gilligan: Danny Dunagin (Of course!)
    Captain Jonas Grumby: ?
    Thurston Howell, III, (the millionaire) : ?
    Eunice "Lovey" Wentworth Howell: ?
    Ginger Grant: ?
    The Professor: ?
    Mary Ann: ?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. minnie

minnie Patron with Honors

deleted

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  3. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Looks like they might've scheduled a re-make of the Training Film, "Checklist For Setting Up A Session", to me.
    (The film is set in a fictitious African country and has sets much like those pictured.)

4. I was hoping this thread would be a happy thread. It's Gilligan's Island, in Hemet! :happydance:

5. Which Sci actor in that training film has blown? Is that why it is being re-done?

6. Panda Termint

:lol: Smart girl! :)

7. OTBT

OTBT Patron Meritorious

Looks like a lot of new trees were planted near the huts.

8. To be exact, I think you're referring to “EM-5 – How to Set up a Session and E-Meter”.

Larry Anderson was the lead actor, so that film has to be re-shot for sure. In the last re-shoot of that movie, in the early 90's, LRH was in it! Well, not exactly; some sea-org member played LRH's arms as they shot the scene over his shoulder. What's funny is that this particular Sea Org person also blew, so they're going to have to re-shoot the movie just for that.

The Cirque du Soleil should keep a close eye on this new production. The last version of that film had their music verbatim. I wonder how much the royalties for their music costs?

These films have to be "timeless", but they re-shoot them every 20 years or so, which is also pretty funny. Will they use the new Mark VIII Ultra E-meters. Let's hope they are the last ever E-Meters!

Anyway, sorry for the derail,

This thread is about Gilligan Island remake! :D

9. Actually a lot of trees (about 100) were removed! The ones you see managed to say.

Some big bad SP got them to uproot most of the new trees, re-grade the land and have native seeds planted. :yes:

10. Miss Pert

Miss Pert Silver Meritorious Patron

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Thanks S & L, I used to sit watching this film thinking that was the music from CDS but would convince myself that it was just similar :duh:. From memory the credits on all tech films, the ones I saw at least, stated that LRH wrote the music.

11. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

That's a good point. It would be a crucial decision. If they are sensible (yeah, yeah, I know) they'll shoot two versions of the relevant scenes. Don't they distribute the tech films on DVD now? If so, it would be really cheap to change versions when the Mark VIII Phuctum finally sees the light of day.

Actually, how *do* they show tech films these days? The last real one I saw was in 1995, and it was 16mm or something film in little plastic cassettes. DVD would be the obvious choice, as they could overlay subtitles in any of 392 languages including Braille at the touch of a button, and it would be *so* cheap to run off copies to send to the orgs as opposed to duplicating thousands of individual films (~100 orgs x ~20 films x ? languages). However, that ease of duplication would count against them in terms of pirate copies onto the Internet, and I haven't seen any online yet.

Paul

12. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

They use flatscreens and DVDs, I'd gather. This photo of the upcoming Pasadena ideal org was posted on WWP recently:

[​IMG]

13. OTBT

OTBT Patron Meritorious

As far as I know, Tech films are still on 16 mm film; WWP thread has more info:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...nes-he-directed-produced-68412/3/#post1273368

Also,

http://www.sts1.com/examples.htm

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...hp/t-7967.html

14. TEoS

TEoS Patron with Honors

Those pictures remind me of some shots from Jonestown.....

15. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

Must keep up to speed on the technical alterati.....errr advances. :eyeroll:

16. Dulloldfart

Thanks very much. I read the WWP thread.

It's interested that they invest so much effort and money in reproductive fidelity, i.e., very high quality image and sound. And they do. As a Course Sup at ITO I often had to do Course Admin functions including showing the tech films, and it is high quality equipment, complete with special instructions on placement of special speakers and the construction of the film room itself with non-parallel walls (under the curtains) to avoid unwanted reflection.

What I now find funny is that the underlying tech, that they try so hard to reproduce faithfully, sucks!

Paul

17. Miss Pert

Miss Pert Silver Meritorious Patron

When I was at Flag, and also at Sydney Org, film rooms were computerised. There was a touch pad outside the film room and the film I/C just entered the films code, with a choice of 15 languages (subtitles), and Bob's your uncle.

18. Dulloldfart

Oh! That's interesting. I guess then that they have a computer hooked up to a, dare I say it, off-the-shelf high-end digital projector. All Gold would need to do would be to ship off a hard drive to each org, and update it every now and then. Although they probably don't allow orgs to use any old computer.

Great, thanks very much. Moar info anyone? Come on, there must be some recent defectors. :)

Paul

19. Panda Termint

Miss Pert is talking the last year (2009) or so, Paul, surely that's recent enough?

20. Dulloldfart

Yes, of course. But is this all orgs? Have they just changed over? I also want to know the details of the set-up from a Course Admin or D of T or something. :)

Paul