What's new

Going Clear Scientology and The Prison Of Belief selected as a Peabody Award Finalist

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Going Clear: Scientology and The Prison Of Belief selected as a Peabody Award Finalist.

The Hollywood Reporter: Peabody Awards to Honor David Letterman, 'The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,' Name Finalists

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/peabody-awards-2016-finalists-882973

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

60 finalists for a selection of 30 honorees were unveiled Tuesday as the awards ceremony takes a new approach to this year's show.

The Peabody Awards announced Tuesday the 60 finalists from which its selection of 30 winning programs will be chosen.

The selection of finalists, by the Peabody Awards' Board of Jurors, followed by a set number of winning programs, which will be unveiled starting next week, is part of the show's new process. The Peabody 30 will be unveiled in a series of announcements by category, beginning April 19 with the news, radio/podcast, public service and Web winners via Facebook Live. Entertainment and children's/youth winners will be announced on NBC's Today show on April 21 and documentary and educational winners via Facebook Live on April 26.

Noteworthy finalists include Netflix's first original feature film Beasts of No Nation, series Master of None and Marvel's Jessica Jones and documentary What Happened Miss Simone?; HBO's The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst, The Leftovers, Veep and Alex Gibney's Going Clear: Scientology and The Prison Of Belief; Amazon's Catastrophe and Transparent; ABC's Black-ish and Fresh Off the Boat; FX's second installment of Fargo; USA's Mr. Robot; Lifetime's Unreal; CNN's Oscar-nominated documentary Glen Campbell...I'll Be Me; and PBS' Wolf Hall.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Re: Going Clear Scientology and The Prison Of Belief selected as a Peabody Award Fina

Real Screen: Peabody Awards reveal honorees, finalists

http://realscreen.com/2016/04/12/peabody-awards-reveal-honorees-finalists/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Among the documentary and non-fiction finalists are HBO’s The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst (Hit the Ground Running); HBO’s Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief (Jigsaw Productions, HBO Documentary Films, Sky Atlantic); Pivot’s Gardeners of Eden (Ganesh Forever); PBS’ American Experience: Walt Disney (Sarah Colt Productions, ARTE); CNN’s Glen Campbell…I’ll Be Me (PCH Films); PBS’ Growing Up Trans (‘Frontline’); and Showtime’s Listen to Me Marlon (Showtime Documentary Films, Passions Pictures, Cutler Productions).

The 75th Anniversary Peabody Awards gala will broadcast across Pivot on June 6 at 8 p.m. EST/PST.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *