What's new

Great Battle of Portland 1985 Rallying Cry

Lone Star

Crusader
Apparently in orgs all across the land the Dwarfenfuhrer is having a Rah Rah video shown using the "Great Battle of Portland" of 1985 as another rallying cry to fire up the troops and of course reg the living shit out of 'em.

It's amazing how little is known about this court case that took place in Portland almost 30 years ago. I can't even find anything substantial about it on the internet. An Oatee Ate i know doesn't even know anything about it and is "looking forward to the video". Yay!! :puke:

I have a feeling that DM is going to place fast and loose with the facts on whatever that case was about, and the significance of the victory. It's being billed as "the day Scientology was saved", and "the day that the SP's suffered a major blow", yada yada yada......

:whatever:

Anyway....The "Big Event" this Saturday will also be about the Grand Opening of the new Idle Morgue in Portland complete with photo shopped crowd pictures. Tying in the "Major Historical Victory" in 1985 is obviously going to be used to fire up the whales and the overall Scilon public to give to the Idle Morgue fund until it hurts. I'm seeing it already and the event hasn't even happened yet.

So does anyone here know what in the hell that case was all about in 1985? :confused2:

Lone Star

Crusader
So the big event regarding Portland was last night. I've had my first bit of info as to what it was all about from someone who was there. I don't have much because I didn't want to ask too many questions. Hopefully later I'll know more.

Keep in mind that the much vaunted video was to be shown only last night. It is never to be shown again. DM certainly doesn't want anyone to be able to shoot a bunch of holes in what was most likely a very, well, "creative" account as to what happened in 85. Please Lord Xenu may you lead someone on the inside to leak this video!! Let us all pray to Xenu tonight about this.

The only interesting bit I have to share is that David Mayo was involved in this "terrible court battle" in which "everything was on the line". Apparently Mayo was behind the scenes using this court case in order to "stick it to Ron" as payback I suppose. :eyeroll:

Arnie, does this sound even remotely true? Anyone else who remembers any details can chime it too.

Again, I hope to have more info on the event in the coming days.

Gus

Patron with Honors
...Keep in mind that the much vaunted video was to be shown only last night. It is never to be shown again...

Yeah, I'm wondering if they'll stick to that... I almost believe it this time b/c the Grand Opening was such a flop (Miscavige can only draw 500 people? Sad.).

OTOH, if they think they can wrangle a few more bucks out of some people who missed it, maybe it'll get another limited release :)

I'd love to see it on youtube tho!

Gus

phenomanon

Canyon
Apparently in orgs all across the land the Dwarfenfuhrer is having a Rah Rah video shown using the "Great Battle of Portland" of 1985 as another rallying cry to fire up the troops and of course reg the living shit out of 'em.

It's amazing how little is known about this court case that took place in Portland almost 30 years ago. I can't even find anything substantial about it on the internet. An Oatee Ate i know doesn't even know anything about it and is "looking forward to the video". Yay!! :puke:

I have a feeling that DM is going to place fast and loose with the facts on whatever that case was about, and the significance of the victory. It's being billed as "the day Scientology was saved", and "the day that the SP's suffered a major blow", yada yada yada......

:whatever:

Anyway....The "Big Event" this Saturday will also be about the Grand Opening of the new Idle Morgue in Portland complete with photo shopped crowd pictures. Tying in the "Major Historical Victory" in 1985 is obviously going to be used to fire up the whales and the overall Scilon public to give to the Idle Morgue fund until it hurts. I'm seeing it already and the event hasn't even happened yet.

So does anyone here know what in the hell that case was all about in 1985? :confused2:

The Wollersheim lawsuit started off the whole charade. This is what I remember about the "Crusade". I had already left COS when the lawsuit started. Wollersheim ran a highly successful
art business. As I heard it, he had distributors selling art on the sidewalks and in Malls, etc. All his employees were Scn'ists. I dunno which came first, his claim that Scn made him crazy,
or the loss of everything he had because all his employees disconnected from him

There's gotta be links to that suit.

Anyways, Wollersheim wanted a refund, and COS wasn't gonna give it, ( perhaps they thought that if they gave it back, it would be tantamount to admitting that they had driven him crazy,
and ruined him utterly.
So COS mounted the "Religious Freedom Crusade". It was a spectacle daily at the LA Courthouse. OT 3 was somehow put into evidence, I think as evidence that " made Wollersheim crazy".

COS went batshit nuts trying to secrete the OT3 materials from public view. Lines of Churchies lined the halls of the Courthouse, waiting to check out the docs from OT3 so that the Press
orher SPs couldn't get their hands on it.

Ladayla has written a lot about those days on ARS. ( Unless they have been erased or edited, as many posts there have been have been ).

David Mayo's case hit the middle of the Wollersheim trial. COS was attempting to accuse him of stealing materials so as to violate copyright laws. Now, a funny thing about that was that all the OT3
stuff had already been released in several public issues, including LA's free paper, the Recycler. All the materials were flying around the Field.

The Battle Cry was "Not One Thin Dime for Wollersheim"! The junkyard dog, Earl Cooley, was the COS lawyer, and Joe Yanny was there Copyright atty. Joe was deposing the hundreds of Scn'ist
who had left the COS during the early 80's.

It was in the midst of this nuttiness that Julie Cristofferson asked Martin Samuels, her Mission Holder, for her money back.
Rather thab refund an insignificant amount of money,
The Crusade moved to Portland.

Typing wears me out. So does trying to recall this crap. But I hope it helps.

phenomanon

Lone Star

Crusader
The Wollersheim lawsuit started off the whole charade. This is what I remember about the "Crusade". I had already left COS when the lawsuit started. Wollersheim ran a highly successful
art business. As I heard it, he had distributors selling art on the sidewalks and in Malls, etc. All his employees were Scn'ists. I dunno which came first, his claim that Scn made him crazy,
or the loss of everything he had because all his employees disconnected from him

There's gotta be links to that suit.

Anyways, Wollersheim wanted a refund, and COS wasn't gonna give it, ( perhaps they thought that if they gave it back, it would be tantamount to admitting that they had driven him crazy,
and ruined him utterly.
So COS mounted the "Religious Freedom Crusade". It was a spectacle daily at the LA Courthouse. OT 3 was somehow put into evidence, I think as evidence that " made Wollersheim crazy".

COS went batshit nuts trying to secrete the OT3 materials from public view. Lines of Churchies lined the halls of the Courthouse, waiting to check out the docs from OT3 so that the Press
orher SPs couldn't get their hands on it.

Ladayla has written a lot about those days on ARS. ( Unless they have been erased or edited, as many posts there have been have been ).

David Mayo's case hit the middle of the Wollersheim trial. COS was attempting to accuse him of stealing materials so as to violate copyright laws. Now, a funny thing about that was that all the OT3
stuff had already been released in several public issues, including LA's free paper, the Recycler. All the materials were flying around the Field.

The Battle Cry was "Not One Thin Dime for Wollersheim"! The junkyard dog, Earl Cooley, was the COS lawyer, and Joe Yanny was there Copyright atty. Joe was deposing the hundreds of Scn'ist
who had left the COS during the early 80's.

It was in the midst of this nuttiness that Julie Cristofferson asked Martin Samuels, her Mission Holder, for her money back.
Rather thab refund an insignificant amount of money,
The Crusade moved to Portland.

Typing wears me out. So does trying to recall this crap. But I hope it helps.

phenomanon

Okay this makes more sense now as to what DM is up to these days. He's rallying the troops by bringing back memories of all the 1980s battles with the "major SPs" such as Mayo and Wollersheim. That's probably why all of this was included in the "Big Event" this past Saturday night. He tied it all in with the Portland Ideal Org opening and the old court case in 1985.

Davey is trying to rally the troops because major shit is hitting the fan on many fronts right now. Narconon being one major example. He's reminding the koolaid drinkers that "it's all about the SPs who want to make the planet unsafe for Scientology, so don't go wobbly on me now." :eyeroll:

phenomanon

Canyon
Okay this makes more sense now as to what DM is up to these days. He's rallying the troops by bringing back memories of all the 1980s battles with the "major SPs" such as Mayo and Wollersheim. That's probably why all of this was included in the "Big Event" this past Saturday night. He tied it all in with the Portland Ideal Org opening and the old court case in 1985.

Davey is trying to rally the troops because major shit is hitting the fan on many fronts right now. Narconon being one major example. He's reminding the koolaid drinkers that "it's all about the SPs who want to make the planet unsafe for Scientology, so don't go wobbly on me now." :eyeroll:

I read so much stuff here , usually from a Staffer, that so conflicts with what I thought Scn was all about & doing, that I begin to doubt my own recall.
Several things stand out. One thing that is a glaring stand-out is that COS LOST both the Wollersheim and the Christofferson case.
Hey, I'll bet Marty has a whole 'nother view of the scene at that time. Be interesting to hear it.
There's a tape titled, I think, Battle of Los Angeles wherein Earl Cooley admits that he failed to win the war for COS.
Hopefully, their new war will also end in EPIC FAIL.

phenomanon

Gib

Crusader
I read so much stuff here , usually from a Staffer, that so conflicts with what I thought Scn was all about & doing, that I begin to doubt my own recall.
Several things stand out. One thing that is a glaring stand-out is that COS LOST both the Wollersheim and the Christofferson case.
Hey, I'll bet Marty has a whole 'nother view of the scene at that time. Be interesting to hear it.
There's a tape titled, I think, Battle of Los Angeles wherein Earl Cooley admits that he failed to win the war for COS.
Hopefully, their new war will also end in EPIC FAIL.

phenomanon

Marty just wrote a book, his memoirs. I haven't read it yet. But I think it's in there.

phenomanon

Canyon
I won't be reading Marty's book. But on another thread, I have seen what I believe is his write-up about what a win it was over the "enemies" and "sp's"
Those enemies in Portland must've been Julie Christofferson and her Lawyer. Wow! Maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe the psychs had taken Julie over. Could someone
ask Marty who the enemies and SPs in Portland were?

Also, ask him if he knows that COS LOST the lawsuit and had to pay Christofferson some big bucks.
Same with Los Angeles. Big 'enemy SP" was Larry Wollersheim. COS LOST that lawsuuit also, and had to pay Wollersheim Millions of dollars.

Big wins?

Portland?

Puhleeze!!!

Is it possible that Marty doesn't even know that the Crusades were a travesty? And abject failures?
Unless one wants to count the monies wrung from hysterical Scn'ists as wins....

phenomanon

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I guess that makes Adelaide the "forgotten" crusade.

After the Portland Fiasco, Australian scnsts converged on Adelaide, South Australia because the SA Government was attempting to introduce a "cooling-off period" after heavy reg-cycles.

Policy-wise, the Adelaide Org was a complete shambles.

Our biggest public performance was a massive march down one of the main streets of Adelaide. It was also during this time that I met Heber. (To this day, I believe that he was for real.)

This is one that the "church" should be chalking up as a win, because the proposed legislation was eventually dropped. I supposed "Adelaide '85!" doesn't ring as loudly in the u.s. when you're trying to make money.

Terril park

Sponsor
I won't be reading Marty's book. But on another thread, I have seen what I believe is his write-up about what a win it was over the "enemies" and "sp's"
Those enemies in Portland must've been Julie Christofferson and her Lawyer. Wow! Maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe the psychs had taken Julie over. Could someone
ask Marty who the enemies and SPs in Portland were?

Also, ask him if he knows that COS LOST the lawsuit and had to pay Christofferson some big bucks.
Same with Los Angeles. Big 'enemy SP" was Larry Wollersheim. COS LOST that lawsuuit also, and had to pay Wollersheim Millions of dollars.

Big wins?

Portland?

Puhleeze!!!

Is it possible that Marty doesn't even know that the Crusades were a travesty? And abject failures?
Unless one wants to count the monies wrung from hysterical Scn'ists as wins....

phenomanon

This below from Mike Rinder's blog referring to the lost case at Portland.
Apparently Marty gives details in his new book.

"The Incredible, Amazing Portland Video. Oscar? Emmy? Nobel Peace Prize? Gettysburg II?
May 31, 2013 By Mike Rinder

The Portland Wagon Train keeps on rolling.

Here is the latest “WISE International” (Event Call In Unit IC), hype about the absolute VITAL importance of seeing this video of a speech given a month ago — complete with ridiculous, fawning over the magnificence of “COB.”

Obviously none of these people know the REAL story of Portland, just the Miscavige whitewashed version, and of course they forget the Crusade moved from Portland to Los Angeles and lost another massive case that WAS eventually paid to Wollersheim. If you want to know the real story of Portland, read Marty Rathbun’s book Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior."

Fr

Lone Star

Crusader
The big "Portland Video" event a few weeks ago appears to be having the effect that I thought it would have. I believe that this is part of a grand strategy by DM to rally the troops and of course raise a ton of money. He knows that he needs to do something to handle the massive PR footbullets that have been fired by himself, Cruise, OSA, and the CoS in general over the past 8 years now, at least. Now with more lawsuits being filed against the cult and Narconon he must rally his dwindling public to get behind Scientology like never before.

Anyway, as I said, it seems to be working so far because from what I see the still-ins are indeed getting fired up. The dedicated stares are 10 Xing and the donations are flowing in. I know of someone who just gave a multiple hundreds of thousand dollar dono as a result of the event. This guy isn't a millionaire either. I can only imagine what the super whales are giving.

I also think that during the next several months you are going to see even more whacky behavior from OSA and the cult in general. Not to mention the nastiness. We're used to the nastiness of course but I think it's going to increase. The recent attack on Karen is the first indicator of this. However, we can also look forward to even more footbullets. Start loading up on popcorn and tums.