Guide for People leaving Cults

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Albion, Apr 7, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Albion

Albion Patron with Honors

While some former Scientologists have a support network of other ex-members to fall back on, this new resource for people in the United States leaving cults may help with some of the nuts and bolts of getting back into the mainstream.

http://startingout.icsa.name/

jj

2. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Looks like a useful book. When a friend of mine left the Sea Org (after being in the RPF for almost 8 years!), he had nothing. No driver's license, no job, no vehicle, etc.

I helped him to get these things but, I can see how this book would be valuable.

3. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

I really could have used something like this when I got out.

4. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

5. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Patron

Really pricelessly practical. :thumbsup:

Just what would give someone cloistered from society a quick start guide up, and much needed confidence and basic knowledge.

I love it!

6. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks Albion. Good stuff. :)

7. still here

still here Patron with Honors

I am not sure we have such a book in the UK.
    We may of course but they are not always helpful...I remember the famous one years ago (a leaflet) in post offices etc, entitled "What to do when you die". Really useful!
    Anyway as I have been out of the SO for 30 years, I had a partner - also escaped and we supported each other and dis-entangled ourselves very sucessfully.
    I however, came out with no real way of getting a good job so I went back to college for 2 years - in my spare time I volunteered as a Samaritan for 4 years. What I loved was that anyone could ring us - confidentially to talk about their deepest dispairs and suicidal feelings - things they could not discuss with their families and loved ones as it was too painful and would be too hurtful to them.
    Although our message boards do obviously provide immense support I sometimes think a helpline would offer a really good alternative - manned by exes and with lots of information available on the categories above!
    If anyone wants to start one in the Uk - give me a PM!!
    Just think if we could advertise to those still in, terrified of leaving - but who could have life line..
    Anyway - just a thought.:grouphug:

8. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever