What's new

Heads-Up Re: Scared Stiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anony-Moose

Patron
My Final Answer

Here is what happened: When I PM'd ScaredStiff, I mentioned a specific location that I have not mentioned anywhere else. Shortly after that, someone attempted to "out" me at another location, using that exact piece of information! The only way they could have known that tiny piece of info was from that PM. Yes, there is a slight chance that it could have been a "co-incidence". I hope that clears up the mystery.

That person's attempt was full of fail. I would never breach my own security that way.

As far as posting about it, in hind sight I should have dealt with it a different way. I am learning to slow down and really think before I post. I will admit, that has been a challenge for me! The bottom line is, you all are wonderful people and do not deserve to be enturbulated or stirred up in any way and it was not my intent to do so. So, I apologize to you and the mod, who did the right thing in warning me. Everyone who said OSA really doesn't care what goes on here is absolutely right. As I told WO, unless you are publishing a book, doing media or being a witness in a court case, being friends with a plaintiff, or leaking a really juicy inside story, they will likely leave you alone. Otherwise, they will mess with you- like the way they are currently messing with all of BFG's friends. But for those of us who have had personal experience with OSA, we know that there are "watchers", or "babysitters" who keep an eye on things. They are looking to make connections. Who is friends with who, etc. Some of these watchers are people who sit on the fence and fling crap in both directions. Some are doing A to E. Some work deals to avoid declare and disconnection from family members. They know who they are. But y'all don't need to fear these people. They have no real power. They are just wearing a hat that has nothing to do with real life, because they don't have a real life with real friends. Y'all here are just living your lives and gettin' on with things and that's what is important, right? I say carry on, with impunity.

Shwimmelpuckel, I know you can't get an IP from a PM, but there are other ways to out someone. They are still using the software that identifies speech patterns, such as were used to out Caroline Letkeman.

WILS, thank you for your offer and after reading about your phone call to ScaredStiff it, it really does look like she was for real. I don't need to speak to you personally to believe you, but I may take you up on your offer anyway. I checked your site and I've got your info now. Thank you, that was very useful.

So that's it folks. I did not mean to rowl y'all up. You have a wonderful place here and I too want it to stay that way. And I certainly don't want to develop a rep as an A-Hole.

The Anony-Moose

Tigger

Patron Meritorious
Excuse me, but I have a couple questions for the person who spoke with SS on the phone. WLS?

SS was given lots of advice. From what she posted, it appeared she never availed herself of any of it.
She said she made an appointment with an attorney, but that the "attorney" wouldn't meet with her.

So......did you ask her what steps she was taking or going to take?
Did she take any action that was recommended to her? If not, why not?

You don't have to go into details about what, if anything, she did.

Tigger

P.S. Anon moose posts on OCMB.
I don't always agree with what is
posted, but definitely not OSA. and the concerns are llegitimate. Who knows what a desperate OSA wil do....and apparently they are getting quite desperate.

SS was given lots of advice. From what she posted, it appeared she never availed herself of any of it.
<cut>
So......did you ask her what steps she was taking or going to take?
Did she take any action that was recommended to her? If not, why not?
Tigger, if SS didn't feel comfortable enough posting any further information or feedback, why would I do it? It's not up to me to discuss someone else's situation with the entire world via the internet. I was simply sick and tired of hearing "oh god she's an OSA plant!" and that's the only reason why I spoke up at all. Saying anything more would be saying too much. I know everyone is curious, but you're not going to get anything more from me.

Anony-Moose

Patron
I see where you're comin' from Tig. Anyone who tried to help SS would like to have more info rather than be stuck with that mystery. But at the same time I don't see that WILS owes us anything either. If SS called WILS, then WILS has her phone number and can follow-up with her and continue to help her, right? WILS seems to be the one in the position that is most likely to do that, and apparently the only one that SS ever really responded to. We all know the hell that SS is going through now that OSA is apparently on her lines. But you know what? Maybe OSA booted both SS and her hubby off lines as a result of all this. Its entirely possible as OSA's tactics so often result in foot-bullets. I'm sorry to be speculating here, but I have no other choice, if there is not going to be any other info on the matter.

As for this thread, its an embarrassment to me and I hope it dies soon. I'm giving WILS the benefit of the doubt and concluding that SS was for real, and I was wrong. I know I had a compelling reason to be concerned. But in the end, its my bad. I should have waited longer to see what came of it, if anything.

Patience has been a life-long struggle for me and it looks like it will continue to be. But message boards seem to be a great place to develop that quality, so I'll just continue to work on it.

PS Tig- thanks for the vouch.

The Anony-Moose

Funny Quotes from the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show:
Bullwinkle: You just leave that to my pal. He's the brains of the outfit.
General: What does that make you ?
Bullwinkle: What else? An executive..

Status
Not open for further replies.