What's new

HELP REQUESTED: Mike Rinder Seeking Information On Scientology Donations Scam

Gib

Crusader
The confusion comes from assuming that what Hubbard said ORGS should not do (because it would put them at risk of foreclosure if they failed to meet the payments) was meant to apply to public.

Hubbard did not care if PUBLIC went bust due to taking out too many loans. It was fine for public to go into debt, provided the borrowed money went to Scientology.

1. right, there is KTL and LOC, personal org board. So a public in his own life is supposed to apply LRH policy, ie no borrow money.

2. I do not think hubbard wanted people to go bust after taking out a loan to fund some auditing and training. Why? because that would then end the game of going up the bridge to nowhere. Plus it would expose Hubbard as a con.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
1. right, there is KTL and LOC, personal org board. So a public in his own life is supposed to apply LRH policy, ie no borrow money.

2. I do not think hubbard wanted people to go bust after taking out a loan to fund some auditing and training. Why? because that would then end the game of going up the bridge to nowhere. Plus it would expose Hubbard as a con.

I agree. It was never cheap under LRH but he knew how not to burn out his public. He saw the value in having a customer that could provide repeat business instead of burning them out and throwing them to the curb. Not that what he did was right, but I think that is why so many more people put up with the expense of Scientology under him.

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
I agree. It was never cheap under LRH but he knew how not to burn out his public. He saw the value in having a customer that could provide repeat business instead of burning them out and throwing them to the curb. Not that what he did was right, but I think that is why so many more people put up with the expense of Scientology under him.

You are right about that.

There was/is a policy on how much an intensive should cost. I believe it was one paycheck of average wages earned at the time. I don't know when it went off the rails.

Gib

Crusader

There was/is a policy on how much an intensive should cost. I believe it was one paycheck of average wages earned at the time. I don't know when it went off the rails.

An intensive was supposed to be a months wages, on average for a person working.

But, when you think about it, no matter what time period, a months wages is about 10% of ones earnings, if one considers the average wage of a worker. Of course it depends on what a individual makes, and this is such a generality by Hubbard. Another confusion for if one earns mega bucks a month, who cares. But, if one is a wage earner, then one cares.

Oh, the confusion of it all, and that is scientology, one big confusion. As you know. :thumbsup:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Wasn't there also a policy about how much it should be raised every 6 months? I thought that they eventually set it at a rate that outpaced wage increases. Not that any wages have kept pace with inflation lately, but you get the idea.....

I'm not suggesting that LRH was a good guy. If anything, I think he was a more effective sociopath than DM because he knew how to keep people coming back so he could keep using them. DM just uses them up and spits them out.

Gib

Crusader
Wasn't there also a policy about how much it should be raised every 6 months? I thought that they eventually set it at a rate that outpaced wage increases. Not that any wages have kept pace with inflation lately, but you get the idea.....

I'm not suggesting that LRH was a good guy. If anything, I think he was a more effective sociopath than DM because he knew how to keep people coming back so he could keep using them. DM just uses them up and spits them out.

never heard of that policy from hubbard.

But here's another cognitive dissonance:

Hubbard said the work was free, so keep it so.

But yet the cost of auditing/training never made it "free". :laugh:

And at these prices, how the hell are we gonna clear the planet? :roflmao:

As Jason Beghe said, there isn't enough money in the world to clear the planet. :thumbsup:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
never heard of that policy from hubbard.

But here's another cognitive dissonance:

Hubbard said the work was free, so keep it so.

But yet the cost of auditing/training never made it "free". :laugh:

And at these prices, how the hell are we gonna clear the planet? :roflmao:

As Jason Beghe said, there isn't enough money in the world to clear the planet. :thumbsup:

I only heard about it second hand on entheta sites. Possibly it was started later on by DM? I dunno, but maybe those who were more in than me would know....

renegade

From what I recall, it was a rate card and not a policy, that was printed and used as a "Buy Now" reg tool. It was around the late 80's after DM took over.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
From what I recall, it was a rate card and not a policy, that was printed and used as a "Buy Now" reg tool. It was around the late 80's after DM took over.

Yeah, I remember that. The prices are going up so buy it now!

Boy I'm glad I'm out.

renegade

This thread brings back memories of policies that now make no sense.

One of the Hardsell policies stated "You are not buying cars, houses or things that are based on things not lasting but you are buying immortality." Why pay for something you already have anyway?

Gib

Crusader
This thread brings back memories of policies that now make no sense.

One of the Hardsell policies stated "You are not buying cars, houses or things that are based on things not lasting but you are buying immortality." Why pay for something you already have anyway?

so true.

I. for one, never was a religious person, no upbringing in it.

But somehow I was sold into it. :laugh: