Herald Sun Inside Melbourne Idle Org :)

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Free to shine, Mar 6, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Excellent article:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/inside-the-church-of-scientology/story-fn6bfmgc-1226016528252

I originally quoted only part of the article, but those who don't like links need to read this. Those who do - go Comment on the site. :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  2. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

That's a good one! Nicely done, Hamish and Scooter. :thumbsup:

3. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

^^^ Noice! Thanks to Hamish, and thanks as usual to Paul for his assistance. :)

4. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

:thumbsup: Very nicely done!

5. Mystic

Mystic Banned

Well done article, Mr. Heard. :thumbsup: The Melbourne Idle Orc definitely will become a world leader in the absence of xenuphobia.

6. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Very nicely done. Precise and to the point. :thumbsup:

7. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Wow great article - and popular going by the comments.

The pro-sci comments are the same old:

'all religions are bunk'
    'Scientology helps people'
    And 'Sci never caused terrorist acts'
    yeah right, just the ones they cause every day, one person at a time

8. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Woo hoo!

Nice one Scoots!

9. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Nicely done, is there any info on how busy the new org is...Scoots?

10. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

Another Spectatular OSA statistic.

The Balls on the executives Mr and Sirs will be hurting...Downstat...

11. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for posting that FTS. . . . great article!

12. supafreak

supafreak Patron Meritorious

Nice one! I love the repeated use of the word "cult." Because that's what you are, Scientology! :lol:

13. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Great article! Musta been fun going in 'undercover' as a 'sausage salesman' Too bad you didn't go as 'Mr. Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago' :giggle: :p

14. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

I love this article.:p

15. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Working with Hamish on this was a real pleasure - he'd done his research and wanted to distill all of that as well as he could for the article.

Like other journos I've worked with of late, he was interested in getting FACTS across to people about the cult, and I think that's something that's changed in the last year or so. Increasingly it's not just a throwaway bit of sensationalism that the journo's chasing but a "serious" article about how abusive/nutty/manipulative this cult really is. Scientology in Oz is getting the scrutiny it deserves.

And I LOVE the way OSA and other cult PR/sales people just keep on using that "standard Tech" uniformly to "counter" people like me - it makes it so easy to chat to a journo when you can tell them EXACTLY what the cult will do because it's part of their "sacred scriptures" to lie, deceive, extort and manipulate the unwary.

It's really become just like shooting fish in a barrel :D

16. Big Farmer

Big Farmer Patron with Honors

Well done Scooter and well done to Hamish the journalist. It always annoys me when these interviews with Scio. staff end with the usual "People should come in and find out for themselves.".

It would be great if journalists nullified this by tackling the subject early on in the interview with something like.
    " I've been talking to a critic who said that he first got involved with scientology after being invited to come into the org and find out for themselves. They complained that they were love bombed and shown exagerrated promotional material that led them to start taking courses. It was only after becoming a member that they discovered church policies like disconnection from family and demands for large donations.".

I'd like to see a forewarned journalist forearmed like this and stopping the easy catch all answer they give of "Come in and find out for yourself.".

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  17. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

We're not worthy

:bowdown: Scooter.

18. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Excellent idea!

19. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

There is an article posted up here a few weeks back by a journo working for The Age in Melbourne who actually went back to the cult after talking to me and said something similar to this.

Virginia Stewart (OSA PR ANZO)immediately went into DA mode and spread some vicious lies about me.

The journo got back to me and was hesitant about telling me what was said but I got it out of her and went into gales of laughter when I heard the lies.

Her reaction was "Well that's a healthy reaction I guess."

And I told her that it is part of "sacred scriptures" for the culties to say that sort of crap about critics and then I told her how Virginia would've asked "Where did you hear that" and then Virginia would've said "Well let me tell you about him ...." and she said "That's exactly what Virginia said - how did you know?"

My reply was it's in their sacred scriptures again.

I don't take offense to this crap any more (and told this journo so) because it's sooooooo predictable and OSA's gonna be very embarrassed they ever did this sort of stuff soon (hint to OSAspawn - start searching the "jobs available" sections.)

So there's another person who will tell everyone just how vindictive, petty and cruel this cult is - thank you, OSA and LRH. :hattip:

20. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Gold Meritorious Patron

Great article and good on Scooter.