How Big is “St Hill Size”

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Apr 17, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

How Big is “St Hill Size”

There is a lot of mention of “St Hill Size” in scientology. It is one of the great catchphrases that motivates the sheeple “We are going St Hill Size,” heard almost as often as “We are Clearing the planet” (but not as often as “will that be cash or check?”). But what exactly does St […]

Continue reading...

2. Gib

Gib Crusader

Mike Rinder does a fantastic job of explaining Hubbard's rhetoric logically.

What one also needs to explain Hubbard is his means of persuasion thru pathos and ethos.

3. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

If you think about it St Hill was equivalent to Bridge, AOLA, ITO and Flag all rolled into a Class V org..

Even the comparison isn't apples to apples.

If you cut out all those orgs from St Hill what's left?

Also, St Hill didn't have FBOs robbing it for Flag or the SO kidnapping its staff.

4. Gib

Gib Crusader

yah, Hubbard made it sound like he built up St Hill from the local area, not true, people were flying in from all over to listen to Hubbard with his St Hill Special Briefing Course and new discoveries and endless lectures, which he sold his words to the peeps showing up at St Hill, and which he did continue to sell his words thereafter in the Class 8 SHSBC, what a money maker. There was no local movement in England that boomed St Hill, nope, it was people flying in, just like at Flag or AO LA or any other AO, but once again Hubbard made it sound like a local movement could happen thru his policy letters, except he left out a few details, LOL

Here's how I see it. There is the birthday game LRH ED which persuaded people to join staff and have that org or mission become old St Hill size, why, because you can get auditing while on staff and go clear, and the OT with the invention of the Universe Corps all while making a good living while on staff.

The problem is, no local org or mission can become old St Hill size as the lie is that old St Hill became booming because of not local people joining, but because of Hubbard saying he discovered the truth and now sold the SHSBC and the lie is only because St Hill became St Hill size was because of others flying in to listen to Hubbard and apply his tech.

If one has not read Mike Rinder post of this as above, he totally quotes the Birthday Game ED, and what I say will go over or under your head and one will not follow what I say. It's hard dots to connect timeline wise. It's impossible to connect the dots while in.

Gawd, I had this shit and want to stop posting. Hubbard is such a miss use of rhetoric I what to wipe his name and tech from history, and I'm glad that fat fuck died and ain't coming back, what an asshole. His midget friend is also there in my thoughts, true evil.

Of course, the most basic lie is no clears or OT's.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  5. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Yes, you're absolutely right Gib, Saint Hill in the boom years (mid/late 60's) was like the United Nations, and local brits were a tiny minority.

6. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I was at Saint Hill in the 1980s and 90s and it was the same then. Very few locals and I would guess there were more foreigners than British people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  7. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Yeah, there seemed to be a lot of Israelis at St Hill in the late 80s for some reason.

8. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Wow. Hubturd wouldn't have been too happy about all the Jews in the place, I reckon.
    Oh the irony!

9. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I was at Saint Hill (UK) from 1972-1986. There were very few native UK people on lines. In the 70s there were many from the US, EU and ANZO. Why would US people come? Apart from the genuine charm of the SH country estate and East Grinstead the prices were, before "The Solution to Inflation" LRHED, very cheap. After AO ANZO opened up, the ANZO flow mostly stopped. We sent many tours out around EU, much to AOSHEU's annoyance. There were some UK tours too, but the flow from London and elsewhere was tiny in comparison.

There were some "locals", but with very few exceptions these were people who had moved to East Grinstead and environs to be near Saint Hill, just like Clearwater has many Scn'ists living there.

Paul

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Exactly. Meanwhile, in the local Class Vs they would be trying to solve their bodies in the shop with body routers...thinking that Hubbard boomed Saint Hill with that as an action.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

It would have been really easy to get every org to St Hill size -- IF THE TECH ACTUALLY WORKED.

If the tech made a stock hedge fund manager even 10% more effective picking stocks, or a lawyer even 10% more effective in winning million dollar cases -- you would have had people with suitcases full of cash lining up at the doors of every org. Every field auditor would have had every waking hour fully booked. Orgs would have been able to pay auditors upper-middle-class wages, and every Scientologist would have had their kids doing auditor training.

But the problem is, Scientology doesn't really work.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  12. Gib

Gib Crusader

Flag land base is the same, very few locals,

it's not like scientology has cleared clearwater. LOL

The only reason FLB is big, or was, is because peeps from all over the world went to Flag to get the upper OT levels and the infamous L's.

Just like St Hill, LOL

13. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  14. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

Wow. Someone had to donate £10,000 to pay for the room hire charge for that event. I wonder whether the event itself consisted in trying to raise £10,000 from the participants.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Sounds like someone's "bright idea" after cramming on the Conditions. Emergency formula?

Result? No expansion, another £10,000 down the drain. I was going to say deeper in debt, but yes, they probably regged some poor sucker for it.

Paul

16. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

Actually, this kind of thing is one of the reasons I left Scientology. I realised that LRH admin tech was counter-productive on many occasions. SO members or staff members would sometimes spend inordinate amounts of time and effort making something trivial and unimportant "go right". But the cost was such that they would have done much better to invest that time and effort in something more sensible. But they couldn't, because they had to make whatever stat they were working on go up.

For example, if Manchester Org spend £10,000 hiring a suite in the football stadium. How many hours of auditing does that purchase? I don't mean at the prices they charge (I guess it's only about 5 intensives of auditing at sales price). But at cost price. Suppose they took that £10,000 and paid it to a bunch of Scientologists who could audit, at the rate of £20 per hour, in exchange for them auditing people in the field. That would buy 500 hours of auditing. I bet they could have audited one or two people up through NED Completion for that. That would have been something real. Some real progress, that they could have pointed to. And it would have benefitted some starving staff member too. And given that they believe that they are trying to clear the planet, that would have been a very valuable product for them. If they had charged their clients (a very affordable) £10 per hour to receive the auditing, then that £10,000 suddenly buys 1000 hours of auditing. But instead they spend it on trying to look like an affluent corporation.

It was observation of org behaviour like this that made me realise that Scientology wasn't set up to clear the planet. It was doing something entirely different. When I realised that, I was on my way out the door. When you go to a place like St. Hill or Flag, the relative busyness there can fool you into thinking that the CoS is trying to clear the planet. But anyone who has worked in a Class V Org knows that that is not what the admin tech is set up to achieve. The only way Scn could make inroads on clearing the planet (supposing the tech produces what they say it does), would be to discard half of the admin tech, and start running the orgs using common sense. But you're an evil suppressive if you make suggestions like that. Hehehe. I listened to them saying stuff like "keeping your exchange in", and quickly realised that that was just a thin veneer of a bullshit excuse for taking liberties with people. If keeping exchange in was a law of the universe, then it would apply to the orgs as well, and they don't, so it doesn't. Of course it's a truism that any org or person has to keep their exchange in, if they want to maintain good relations with their environment. But not in the way they apply it. As applied by the CoS, it's just a justification for fleecing people.

Then I used to think "well if a bunch of auditors just bypassed the org and started auditing people in the field, then that would start a movement that would clear the planet". It hasn't happened though. Why not? Does auditing still work if it's done on a voluntary basis? Or does it only work if you've signed your IAS membership form?

17. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

No, auditing just doesn't work any more... :no:

Wait, it never worked (i.e. produce the promised results) :duh:.

18. Enthetan

Back when I was in the SO, I came to a similar conclusion. Once I had gotten enough stat to make my "normal" for the week, I would start working on lining up products for the following weeks.

The Mission holders seem to have had a more rational approach as well, probably because it was their personal cash at stake.

19. Enthetan

The FreeZone hasn't accomplished much of note, despite having a lot of LRH-trained high class auditors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Gib

Gib Crusader

yah, and the reason is because of two things.

1. They can't do rhetoric PR and Marketing per LRH tech green on white. Only the official COS with lawyers can do that. The freezone think applying pure HCOB will lead to results. Plus they don't have the money to constantly market and PR, but rely only on word of mouth.

2. The freezone applying pure red on white, HCOB's, eventually leads to no results. Dwindling. And they don't do PTS/SP tech, I believe, not sure. which is hogwash anyways.

I believe it was Cowboy and A Face in the Crowd that said scientology (and Dianetics) was a marketing effort. I'm in full agreement with that.