How much is the Church of Scientology worth?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by iaxiloll, Oct 8, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. iaxiloll

iaxiloll Patron with Honors

How much is the Church of Scientology worth? I have seen so many figures out there and have always wondered how much does DM controls.Scientologists know how to make money make money. For example using shares and investments,they also receive millions from interest being that they do not pay tax in most countries, and of course the sales of their products including Dianetics, CDs and what have you, underpaid staff, child labor etc.I heard it was something in the range of 5 billion dollars, is that far fetched?:unsure:

2. Good twin

Good twin Floater

My best guess would be that is a conservative estimate. Anyone else have a clue?

3. gomorrhan

gomorrhan Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't have any solid figures. Being that they are a multinational corporation, I don't even know that they have to report all of their income/assets to any one particular government, so you'd probably have to add it all up from whoever they do report to in whatever countries they operate.

Yuck.

4. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

No, not farfetched, especially when you consider the property they own.

5. alexm

alexm Patron with Honors

No Clue

You'd have to do some digging adding the costs of real estate. Orgs can be worth millions or thousands depending on the size. Usually the new ideal scam Orgs are privately fund raised and then the IAS comes in and adds a few million euros or dollars or pounds, what have you. A good guess is to get your hands on an IAS Impact magazine and add up how many people are patrons, crusaders and etc and for how much each person or family donated. This will give you a good estimation on how much money the Church needs and/or can spend on their front groups and building new Orgs.

Individual Class V Orgs can make upwards of probably a hundred thousand per week, on a really good week but probably in the very low thousands or hundreds in your average Org. Most Orgs do not make enough to survive though.

This task would not be so easy to find out.

6. Good twin

Good twin Floater

The biggest fundraising efforts are to IAS Superpower and Planetary Dissem. These funds ALL have Trusts set up which makes the funds easy to hide. :yes:

7. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

negative a hundred billion dollars

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I figure if liquidated they could come up with a billion US, ballpark figure. But paying off advanced payments unused would take a few hundred million off that. If they ended up having to pay back IAS and SP "donations", on the basis that they were obtained by fraudulent promises; and then the vulture lawyers swooped in with civil damage claims for the all-too-real hurts caused over the past few decades, I don't see that there would be a lot left at all. That is assuming the corporate shell game gets ended and the reality of it being one giant feeding-trough gets taken into account.

Paul

9. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

:omg: Jesus Christ!! That's it!! I'm starting a religion... :coolwink: That's disgusting, and where IS all this money, stashed in Swiss bank accounts no doubt. Bloody hell, that would feed the starving for the next twenty years at least!

10. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Well, it'd be great it that weren't an 'in-the-red figure, Pix'! :p

11. KnightVision

KnightVision Gold Meritorious Patron

She's a pixie, they're not concerned of these earthly 'anchors'....
    :D

12. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: You got me in one KV! :thumbsup: How did you know? Geez, you know me so well.... :whistling:

13. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I believe you once came up with a figure of about $450,000,000 based on Flag revenues over a certain period of time. Also remember former data chief Anna Maria-Woodward reported that cash bills crossed in I believe 2003 or thereabouts. I'm not sure if IAS donations and cornerstone donations are easily found from magazines.

14. voldemorte

voldemorte Patron

Here's a thought. As much as the church rants against capitalism, I'd be they had ALOT of their reserves in the market in one way or another.

I'd be curious to see how much they lost in the last few weeks. I'd bet that it was staggering.

15. KnightVision

This assumes that scn bets on positive gain. given their history in the area is more probably placed in the negative gain area.

16. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Wondering how much is in COFS' coffers and how much has been embezzled by DM...

17. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

If DM is really in control of all that money, why doesn't he retire to his own private island somewhere where he and Tom can romp? Why stick around? For the joy of sticking it to us (rather, who we were)? :) Just a big power trip? Maybe he's as brainwashed/hypnotized as everyone else and really thinks he is saving the world by terrorizing it? His mental state just occurred to me on this thread. Never mind. I'm just babbling.

18. KnightVision

Usually at these bigger than life fortune accounts, it's not about the money, as much as it's about controlling masses of people and making them beg for their 'freedom'. Yes, it's that sick.

19. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

Because power is more important than money to some people.

20. iaxiloll

iaxiloll Patron with Honors

Power is money and power is sexy. Then again money is power and also sexy.
    Oh well which is more important, the chicken or the egg?