Hubbard, understood

Discussion in 'L Ron Hubbard' started by VaD, Jul 31, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. VaD

VaD Banned

Hubbard was not evil. Hubbard was not good.

Hubbard was a human being, - Just like you and me.

Hubbard wanted money and power. - Who doesn't?

The fact that so many gullible young people fell for it doesn't make Hubbard evil, does it?

2. Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid Patron Meritorious

How dare you compare me with Hubbard? If everybody dreams of money ond power (which is clearly not the case), 99,9% of those people would never do the ruthless, cunning and despicable acts Hubbard did to achieve these goals. Being born as a human being means jack, you have to earn that status by acting humanely. Hubbard built an organisation where acting humanely is a punishable act. You should do some word clearing on terms like compassionate, charitable, altruistic etc. A hint for you: Those are all characteristics Hubbard did not posess and did not allow to flourish in the cult he created.

3. VaD

VaD Banned

What would YOU do if you were Hubbard?

4. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

The difference between Hubbard and myself is that he decided to achieve his goals via criminal means and I didn't.

5. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

LOL! If I were Hubbard I wouldn't have a conscience. So I guess I would do the same (more or - though probably not - less). :biggrin:

6. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Do you think that the many thousands of people who joined staff at a CoS did so because they wanted money?

For starters, I'd sell off most of the real estate acquired by the CoS using the proceeds to help the thousands of people whose lives were damaged because of the policies he wrote for the CoS.

7. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

The people I know joined to help other people and improve themselves. Money had nothing to do with it.

8. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I'm sure Vad knows that. :whistling:

9. Captain Koolaid

R2-45.

10. VaD

VaD Banned

I should have mentioned this: "At the time he was creating his thing"

11. VaD

VaD Banned

You betcha!

Vad knows that.

12. VaD

VaD Banned

I bet you wouldn't (unless you are mentally unstable).

13. Captain Koolaid

Un-create it. Then R2-45

14. Captain Koolaid

If I was Hubbard, I would obviously be mentally unstable...er batshit crazy. The decision for R2-45 would be taken in a lucid moment.

15. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

NO Hubbard was evil. Anyone who practices deception at the expense of others for personal gain is also.

In approx 10,000 years of recorded history man has not spiritualy or moraly advanced IMO.

We still have wars, famine, disease, criminality, hierarchy, etc.

The methods have changed but the motive is the same - control, power and the view that there are superior and inferior people.

There has always been good natured people and there has always been Hubbard types and variants thereof to make life difficult all around.

Hubbard was evil, no doubt in my mind.

16. Captain Koolaid

Scientology Axiom #1

17. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

Scientology:

Axiom 1 Life is basically a static.

Dianetics:

Axiom 1 The source of life is a static of peculiar and particular properties.

18. Captain Koolaid

Axiom 2: AnonKat has no sense of humor. :biggrin:

19. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

[video=youtube;1xMMovinrSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xMMovinrSQ[/video]

20. VaD

VaD Banned

Hubbard tried to live a happy life (just like you and me)