What's new

Human Potentials formerly Spirit of Freedom

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
:coolwink: It is most encouraging reading others' experience in this cult. Here's a first hand account. The "suppression order" is now off.
This organisation is run by Susie (susanne) Micallef. This is a deluded and messed up individual. She is still at it. During my "stay" I was manipulated out of large sums of money, aside from the thousands and thousands that I paid out for the courses. I also witnessed the partner swapping "ceremonies" first hand. The belief is that when the exact and correct people are in a relationship, the planetary vibration will be raised sufficiently to aid ascension from these earthly confines. Sounds appropriately absurd as I write that, but the nature of brain-washing is to remove one's own sense of judgment and ability to discern. Brain-washing is what occurs in this organisation - disguised as love and care.
It is fundamentally based on scientology - with the founder, New Zealander Colin Brown, spending around 20 years in scientology.
Susie Micallef took over when he passed away - and along with her posse - started running workshops on the gold and sunshine coasts, brisbane, sydney and melbourne.

Can you state the titles of their courses??

Do you have any of Human Potentials materials to leak here.

This may help anyone searching find this thread.

jesse james

:wink2: It's been quite a return journey to undo the extreme falsities and beliefs that were thrust upon me and all who were involved in this thing. In the courses you can expect to be presented with "ideas". This is where the brain-washing begins - because as you are digesting and discussing these ideas you are inadvertantly waving bye to your own abililty to discern and judge good and bad / right and wrong. And it continues - if you stay around and fork out the thousands and thousands of $ that will be required from you, you and your intimate relations will be ruthlessly scrutinised and i have seen many relationships destroyed and partners swapped - often leaving people majorly dischevelled - then they are told that its for the "greater good". What bshit. Its amazing what seems rational and healthy when one has had their own judgment removed.

After a couple of years in this thing - Micallef said she knew it was for the greater good that a select group of people start sleeping together - this was going to raise their individual and planetary vibration. No, I think it may have just raised a few eyebrows. It was simply heavy control and manipulation. Make no mistake - this is an organisation that runs on control and manipulation - regardless of how they justify it to themselves and each other.
I know one of Susie Micallef's ex-partners was completely ditched - outcast from this whole organisation - while she was there spouting off prophecies of love and care for all - including past relationships. Something doesn't add up Micallef.

You claim to be a "leader".
Alot of leaders are coming unstuck at present - simply because their leadership is founded on untruth. That is - on control and greed. This will not stick. It's no mistake there are a number of people writing here - you can fool some people some of the time, but you won't fool everyone all the time. People are awake.

The suppression order is off.

To those writing - I wish you well.

Last edited:

jesse james

:melodramatic: I suppose here's a simpler way to put it. I know several people who were involved in this who no longer are - I dont know any who are truly happy that they were involved.
I know many who are happy theyre no longer involved.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Anyone who has stumbled into Human Potentials or any other of these mad cults might want to email your friendly local Cult Information and Family Support people -- they have branches in Queensland, NSW and Victoria and I can vouch for all of them. Check the website at www.cifs.org.au. CIFS keeps tabs on these cultic organisations and may be able to help you with exit strategies.

Gunyah

:wink2: It's been quite a return journey to undo the extreme falsities and beliefs that were thrust upon me and all who were involved in this thing. In the courses you can expect to be presented with "ideas". This is where the brain-washing begins - because as you are digesting and discussing these ideas you are inadvertantly waving bye to your own abililty to discern and judge good and bad / right and wrong. And it continues - if you stay around and fork out the thousands and thousands of $ that will be required from you, you and your intimate relations will be ruthlessly scrutinised and i have seen many destroyed or partners changeg - often leaving people in utter distress - then they are told that its for the "greater good". What bshit. Its amazing what seems rational and healthy when one has had their own judgment removed.
After a couple of years in this thing - Micallef said she knew it was for the greater good that her and i sleep together. This was going to raise the planetary vibration - no, it was simply heavy control and manipulation. My partner at the time not only agreed, she actively encouraged it. I was being groomed. I left not long after.
Make no mistake - this is an organisation that runs on control and manipulation - regardless of how they justify it to themselves and each other.
I was well screwed in there, and truth be told, am still sorting thru some of the debris.
The suppression order is off - I wish you well.

This is totally true, I was there!!!!!
Well meaning people were totally "HOODWINKED"

Gunyah

I cannot STRESS how important it is to totally avoid this organisation. Everything that has been mentioned here about Human Potentials Aust/Dove Connections is correct. It is a CULT! I was part of it for seven years, and it has taken me 3 years to recover mentally and emotionally, financially I still have not recovered. Thank you for setting this information up for people to access. Alot of people think the organisation has closed, but it has not. It is operating on the Gold Coast and in Sydney. They are running courses from peoples houses, last course I heard about was at Mt Tamborine 2 months ago. Susie Micallef is ex-scientlogy, and she really thinks she is saving the world. She believed she was everyones spiritual mother, just a different name for 'guru'. You dare not do anything without the approval of Susie. When I left the organisation 3 years ago, there were over 150 'Advanced' followers. Doing courses on a weekly basis, handing over their money, time and life to Susie. Since then alot of these people left all at once, and the numbers have dwindled. But they are trying very hard to start up again. Many, many lives have been shattered and ripped apart because of this organisation, don't not become another one. I am not righting this in Malice, I am writing this to save someone from going through any further trauma.

Susie has created a trail of destruction and trauma, all I can say is KARMA is coming and it will bite you on the bum :clap:

Curly Sue

Patron
I was part of this organisation for nearly 8 years, originally I entered because I was having terrible relationship problems and I was in a very vunerable state (a bit of a mess). I was promised the world and I could have anything I wanted out of my relationship plus more.....8 years later my husband and I separated and we had dished out to Human Potentials a nice sum of over $80 thousand dollars! No matter how hard I worked on my relationship, it was never good enough, there was always a problem, one I just couldn't see...yet...another course...yes! more money....yes!
It sounds crazy to think that would stay in an organisation like this, but you were to frightened to leave, terrible things would start to happen to you, and you would eventually end back there....that was your worst nightmare....Do you want to know what happened if you came back after leaving? You were called up to the front of the course room and you had to stand in front of usually 30 people or more and you would firstly have to explain yourself, for why you left and then those 30 or more people got free reign to open fire upon you, to say whatever they wanted...and trust me there were no compliments. Yes Susie Micallef was the head huncho, but she had plenty of side kicks ready and willing to turn on you at a drop of a hat. To this day Susie and her side kicks will not admit, that they were coming from their ego's and were totally out for themselves. Jilly Gabrielsen (Walker) was Susie's confidant (aka best friend) in the spiritual world...and to this day is still working along side her...Susie relied on Jilly's information, constantly checking with Jilly what she thought, because Jilly was supposedly the symbol of true love.....BShit....Since I have left the organisation, I haven't heard one nice thing about Jilly, people have come forward and said how they were totally traumatised by her and her manipulation especially when working on a one to one basis they were grilled to the post...I have not heard a single positive comment about Jilly and in fact both her and Susie and have done more damage than good!. Lisa Aliprandi wasn't far behind...she was know as the person who best understood "the game". Fortunately the game caught up with her. The list goes on and on.... The damage that has been done to many relationships but most importantly to each person individually has gone way beyond extreme. So many people have been so severely damaged emotionally, alot just pretend it never even happened. They cant even talk about it.
I am now in a new relationship and it is going very well, only because I had to be very honest and say I have been in a cult, my partner has helped me understand that the thoughts and beliefs that are coming out of my head are not mine and are a load of rubbish....but it has been a hard 3 years since I have left....but I have been so determined to get back to the real me :). I wish everyone 'the best of luck' - Don't let them beat you!
PS...
And for all of those ex-wives and ex-husbands out there who were not in Human Potentials but your partners were...we were told all of your business too...nothing was private. And if you ex-wife or ex-husband still wants to hang around and tell you things like....its my purpose to be part of your life or its my purpose to bring you through ....or we have to stay in touch because we have a connection....I am here to tell you to 'RUN FOR YOUR LIFE" and get as far away as possible. :happydance:

Last edited:

Bob mareley

I too was a member of this cult for around 6 or so years and was excommunicated when i challenged the leader over the manipulation going on in relationships. Little did i know what was to come. The names of the courses are "Basics" which will set you back for a poultry $660 for the first week end. The next course is "Section 1" wich will set you back around $ 800 for the week end. Now prior to doing "Sections 2 & 3 which happen over two consecutive weekends, you are to complete four sessions costing around $500 each to be elidigble for them. After this is the "2 weeker" which costs $3500 and for the pleasure of spending this, you get to be sleep deprived for 2 weeks until a mass trance is envoked. After this there are countless courses from communication courses to clearers(auditors) courses to "Presenters" courses. A common trait of Suzis was to create a "problem" within the group so that she could create a course around it and make more money and then she would usually bugger off to New Zealand to spend her winnings.

Bob mareley

Suzi also had a vast army of unpaid workers doing her bidding and a few henchmen at the top. One particular bulldog was Lisa Aliprandi. Also beware of Big Picture Seminars taking place run by Lisa Darveniza and Elizabeth GilbertGrant. This is merely an off shoot of the same organization. I encourage all ex participants to keep posting. The "Suppression Order" has well and truly been lifted.

thanks to everyone so far who has posted info about human potentials. I am happy that the real story behind this very undercover cult is finally available online. I was part of the organisation for seven years, so i am happy that people can finally google this group and find out that it is a cult and to stay WELL away from it. I will try to keep you updated if they change the name of the group, which they have already done in the past. All the info stated so far on this forum is true and i have witnessed or experienced most of it.

The effects of this cult have been far reaching and i hope that all the people that have been damaged by this are able to move on and have a beautiful life which they deserve:)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Shouldn't this thread be in the "Cults in General" forum? I can understand how it ended up in this "Human Potential, self-discovery etc." forum, but it seems to be misplaced here.

Paul

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Shouldn't this thread be in the "Cults in General" forum? I can understand how it ended up in this "Human Potential, self-discovery etc." forum, but it seems to be misplaced here.

Paul

Hmm, If the cult really has "Human Potential" in its name, and if the recent newbies want to continue posting about it here on ESMB, I think it'd be best to rename this sub-section (again) to avoid further misunderstandings and give them a new home in a new sub-section under the "Cults in General" section.

This could open a whole new field for ESMB, but it'd be more mod and admin work, and it'd contain new risks, if people post copyrighted materials, because as of now no one here knows which of their materials (and some ESMBers have already asked about materials to compare it to the $cn-stuff) is copyrighted etc.

Just to make sure that Emma doesn't die from boredom when $cn is finished. :biggrin:

jesse james

thanks to everyone so far who has posted info about human potentials. I am happy that the real story behind this very undercover cult is finally available online. I was part of the organisation for seven years, so i am happy that people can finally google this group and find out that it is a cult and to stay WELL away from it. I will try to keep you updated if they change the name of the group, which they have already done in the past. All the info stated so far on this forum is true and i have witnessed or experienced most of it.

The effects of this cult have been far reaching and i hope that all the people that have been damaged by this are able to move on and have a beautiful life which they deserve:)

Thanks for your message ! If there is a name change, certainly keep it posted. Cheers.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
:coolwink: It is most encouraging reading others' experience in this cult. Here's a first hand account. The "suppression order" is now off.
This organization is run by Susie (susanne) Micallef. This is a deluded and messed up individual. She is still at it. During my "stay" I was manipulated out of large sums of money, aside from the thousands and thousands that I paid out for the courses. I also witnessed the partner swapping "ceremonies" first hand. The belief is that when the exact and correct people are in a relationship, the planetary vibration will be raised sufficiently to aid ascension from these earthly confines. Sounds appropriately absurd as I write that, but the nature of brain-washing is to remove one's own sense of judgment and ability to discern. Brain-washing is what occurs in this organisation - disguised as love and care.
It is fundamentally based on scientology - with the founder, New Zealander Colin Brown, spending around 20 years in scientology.
Susie Micallef took over when he passed away - and along with her posse - started running workshops on the gold and sunshine coasts, brisbane, sydney and melbourne.

Okay, aside from needing this posted in a properly tagged thread, its interesting stuff to me, mainly because it confirms a take/thought I had on the 'type' of spin-offs using the grifting methods of LRon Hubbard.
It makes sense that Hubbard's methods of Spew & Con appeal beyond getting raped in his own cult, it makes sense that his methods of coercion get recognised and used by others under different names.
Hubbard himself took conditioning methods from many sources, and created a monster of a deluded construct, through which he controlled and manipulated (mostly) well meaning folks through his labyrinth, his elaborate and aberrated maze, while gently (and not so gently) separating his flock from their wool, their lambs, and minds.
By his very effectiveness at doing this, it has plowed some very fertile ground for others to create their own constructs/cults and there-by make their way into the wonderful world of selling salvation, pillaging the less-than-aware, and satisfying what ever lust for control that makes good little dictating con artists.
Though I find it somewhat odd that a wave of newbies, with further knowledge of this particular culty-thingy, has supported the OP I cannot help but feel that maybe there are logical reasons for this. In other words, though it might be an easy knee-jerk reaction to cry a concerted effort of exposure, it is just as likely that since there is so little of this bunch in public view/on the net, that they have gravitated here to discuss. Personally I have no problem with this, and given the parallels and scilon ties (severed or not) I consider this sort of information to be of value.
I welcome some more elaboration from the newbie crowd and if they have read around the site some, their takes on the similarities etc. between this (LRon) cult version, for which this site exists essentially, and the one they are currently familiar with and have escaped.
Yup, a bit longer winded than I intended to be, but I hope y'all catch my drift ~ for-warned is indeed for-armed~ and the potential for people escaping one trap only to fall into yet another is something I think should be kept borne in mind by everyone who wishes to help expose such spiritual con-games.
Just a thought r' three.

And :welcome: newbies, who ever y'all are.

(as usual I shall prepare my sorry ass for any coal-rakings that may transpire due to my verbosity)

:cheers: & :drama:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Increasingly.
what point are you guys trying to make?

Welcome its out there :welcome:

The point some regulars here on ESMB are trying to make is: They're puzzled and/or surprised by the recent appearance of newbies from a here formerly unknown "Human Potential" cult.

I'm surprised by that too, but with my "authority" of being just another regular here on ESMB, I say you're all welcome here, as long as you don't mess up the regular discussions on this board. :)

:cheers:, MrN

Welcome its out there :welcome:

The point some regulars here on ESMB are trying to make is: They're puzzled and/or surprised by the recent appearance of newbies from a here formerly unknown "Human Potential" cult.

I'm surprised by that too, but with my "authority" of being just another regular here on ESMB, I say you're all welcome here, as long as you don't mess up the regular discussions on this board. :)

:cheers:, MrN

No worries, I get where you are coming from now :)

Curly Sue

Patron
Okay, aside from needing this posted in a properly tagged thread, its interesting stuff to me, mainly because it confirms a take/thought I had on the 'type' of spin-offs using the grifting methods of LRon Hubbard.
It makes sense that Hubbard's methods of Spew & Con appeal beyond getting raped in his own cult, it makes sense that his methods of coercion get recognised and used by others under different names.
Hubbard himself took conditioning methods from many sources, and created a monster of a deluded construct, through which he controlled and manipulated (mostly) well meaning folks through his labyrinth, his elaborate and aberrated maze, while gently (and not so gently) separating his flock from their wool, their lambs, and minds.
By his very effectiveness at doing this, it has plowed some very fertile ground for others to create their own constructs/cults and there-by make their way into the wonderful world of selling salvation, pillaging the less-than-aware, and satisfying what ever lust for control that makes good little dictating con artists.
Though I find it somewhat odd that a wave of newbies, with further knowledge of this particular culty-thingy, has supported the OP I cannot help but feel that maybe there are logical reasons for this. In other words, though it might be an easy knee-jerk reaction to cry a concerted effort of exposure, it is just as likely that since there is so little of this bunch in public view/on the net, that they have gravitated here to discuss. Personally I have no problem with this, and given the parallels and scilon ties (severed or not) I consider this sort of information to be of value.
I welcome some more elaboration from the newbie crowd and if they have read around the site some, their takes on the similarities etc. between this (LRon) cult version, for which this site exists essentially, and the one they are currently familiar with and have escaped.
Yup, a bit longer winded than I intended to be, but I hope y'all catch my drift ~ for-warned is indeed for-armed~ and the potential for people escaping one trap only to fall into yet another is something I think should be kept borne in mind by everyone who wishes to help expose such spiritual con-games.
Just a thought r' three.

And :welcome: newbies, who ever y'all are.

(as usual I shall prepare my sorry ass for any coal-rakings that may transpire due to my verbosity)

:cheers: & :drama:

Thank you. Colin Brown founder of Human Potentials formerly known as Spirit of Freedom, was in Scientology for 20 years - he worked very closely with the famous Mr Hubbard. This of course was a long time ago. The course material may not be worded exactly the same however the practice and the impact of the mind control and the manipulation is no doubt, in my mind, very much the same.