If Scientology is hurting, have its ‘expansion’ plans slowed down? Here’s our assessment

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by RSS Feed, Aug 12, 2018 at 12:02 PM.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

If Scientology is hurting, have its ‘expansion’ plans slowed down? Here’s our assessment

We see a lot of signs that Scientology is entering a desperate phase. Mike Rinder does a particularly good job at his site gathering evidence that shortages in staffing and at events is a sign that David Miscavige’s dog and pony show is at a breaking point. But even if membership is tanking, [...]

[​IMG]

We see a lot of signs that[.......]

Continue reading...

2. screamer2

screamer2 Patron with Honors

It really is amazing what not having to pay taxes allows this toxic cult to get away with.

3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Also it helps when you can get away with paying just a tiny fraction of the minimum wage as well.

And of course the Ideal Scam; acquisition of real estate using other peoples money.

4. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

From the article

He skips over the issue of people in Scn housing being physically and forcibly prevented from leaving.

Living in org housing means that you are under constant surveillance by other staff. Living in your own housing means that you can, at any time, choose to stop showing up.

5. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

My question is how long can they keep it up? If they have all the orgs idealized, and staffed, and housed and fed if they go that route, that will eat a lot of money, week in and week out. That's a big nut. With scientology's toxic reputation known by some, and many others unaware of it, I don't see rapid expansion. Maybe slow growth. Maybe a flat graph.

Rod's point that they are making a serious stab at expansion, coupled with an unorganized opposition to Scientology, they may linger on.

Please don't think I am deriding the important work by Leah, Mike, Karen, Jeffery, Chris, Tony and all the others that write books, sue the church, have sites and blogs, make videos etc. It is kind of like the communist cells in that there is no central organization directly running them, so they are harder to stamp out. I doubt the IRS or the FBI will ever get motivated, they are unlikely desirous of attacking a well funded litigious organization. They have to find some serious motivation to justify the expense. I don't think inurement, petty fraud (though on a vast scale) are sufficient causes. Maybe the forced abortions, child labor, human trafficking, could motivate them? I dunno. It's not high enough on the scale of nasty behavior compared to drug cartels, the Mafia, ISIS etc. where they are more active.

Mimsey

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron with Honors

Actually, it's not a bad model having staff living in Scientology-bought housing. Presumably it will be financed using the same model as the Ideal Orgs; the staff living in it will have to keep the house maintained, and the Int Landlord gets to add the property to Scientology's portfolio of appreciating assets. Staff are less likely to blow (because at least their rent is taken care of, and because they have nowhere to live if they do, as Enthetan pointed out). I still think that Scientology is going to be the 21st century version of Christian Science Reading Rooms. It will maintain a physical presence in terms of buildings in every city where it currently exists, but will be run by a handful of die-hards. Christian Science Reading Rooms seem to be run by people in their 70s and 80s now. Presumably the same will happen with Scientology.

There's no escaping what comes up in the search engine when a new prospect goes home and looks it up on the internet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List