I'm done

Discussion in 'ESMB Public Announcements' started by Emma, Apr 12, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. phénix

phénix Patron with Honors

God I had just started on the board!
    I can tell you it has been SO usefull for me, sharing with people that can understand and feel less alone in this journey.
    I'm very thankful for this forum to exist. Hope someone will take it over....

I completly understand your wanting to move on, and the subject of obsession...
    I somztimes feel like I'm obsessed about scientology, always on ESMB. And I think, even though it helps healing a great deal, I might have to move on at some point and not come here any more, or maybe less....

Enjoy :biggrin:

2. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Hey Ems,

Thank you on behalf of all you've brought comfort, companionship, progress, and community to. I know when you started, you never thought it would become as huge as it did, so an unexpected burden there. I have seen it become heavy, and so thank you for the good times and good on you for having the near-endless strength to go through the bad. You have provided one of the greatest public services anyone has, in this arena. You will always be remembered warmly, with high regard, and will in time face a severe tickle-fight if I make it that way again. Tickles, expect them.
    :omg:

3. looker

looker Patron Meritorious

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ESMB has been the greatest healing balm for many of us.

God bless you Emma for having the guts to put it here for us. I have made good and lasting friends here.

:rose:

If you guys ever in need of a place to come party and crash in California my place is open
    :)

4. vumba

vumba Patron with Honors

I totally agree with too.... so very sorry to see you go M. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me the space to heal with people who really understood and cared. Thank you for you, for your heart and your strength. I had no idea you had so much to contend with and I wish you and your family all the best in the world. I was able to finally tell my story and feel safe and secure in the knowledge that I would be heard and loved back. I hope someone who has the time and energy to commit to keeping this alive will take up the mantle because I would hate for the OSA guys to rub their hands in glee at the shut down. If someone does has this knowledge, I would love to support you. Go well my friend, go well.... xxx

5. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

For those of us (and there are many of us here) who used to only post on OCMB (Emma Included)....we remember those days, and Emma finally saying, "I'm going to start my own site".

At the time, for me it was like getting new shoes. Ok, they're nice, pretty, I'll wear
    them once in awhile---but certainly not my main shoe. Over time, well guess what? Esmb is now one of my favorites. I love you ALL. :hifive: I love the chat, too and :party:ing here. I hope it stays for years to come, some how, some way.

Having been a part of this group now---I can say unquestionably that many, many people have used esmb as a jumping point out of the Cult. Many families have been able to learn about their loved ones, here. We who have left have found great peace being able to just BE with each other, daily.

I've learned TONS from other people's experiences. Scientology IS like a gigantic puzzle---and for most, many of the pieces were left out, when they left.
    Being able to fill in this puzzle here has been of great help in healing, Emma. I can't thank you enough for ALL that you have done.
    As the late, great Robert Vaughn Young told me early on: "Tory, this is like a relay race. People run it as long as they can, and then pass on the baton to someone else.
    You have to know this, and let them go".

I hope to stay in touch with you Emma, and all here, some how, some way. :rose:

I love you :hug:

I love you ALL :bighug:

Tory/Magoo

6. unmatchable and irreplacable...

thank you emma.

this makes you an historic figure you know. this archive will be sifted through for quite some time

7. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Emma,

I cannot thank you enough for the role ESMB has played for me.

Truthfully words cannot express my gratitude and what ESMB has meant for me and exiting the labyrinth.

Hopefully ESMB actively survives in someway.

You have helped me tremendously and I consider you a friend for always!!!!

Loves and hugs,

guano

8. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

this board can't just stop:omg:
    I log in here every day.
    I'm shocked that this may happen.
    I thought there were plans about somebody else taking it over some time back, what happened there?
    I bet it is a lot of work and then the cost of running it etc.
    Maybe we have taken it for granted, well I certainly did.
    Please let it continue.....pretty please:bigcry:

9. Sock Puppy

Sock Puppy Patron with Honors

Emma, I'm not really an ex or a particularly frequent poster. However, I would say that you have certainly done much more than try to do good; you've created a valuable resource for many people, beyond just exes.

Of course, when you provide a resource to people and it involves the Church of Scientology, you can expect that people are going to attack you. I wouldn't be surprised if OSA themselves have called you OSA!!

I think you've done a great job with the site, and if anyone deserves a well-deserved rest, it's you.

I always have mixed feelings when critics move on from taking on Scientology. On the one hand, it's always a bit sad, because you know that you'll miss them and the unique energy they brought with them. You also know that the Church counts that as a "win" (which is beyond nauseating!).

On the other hand, I'm always happy to see someone reclaiming their lives, and, as you point out, there's so many other worthwhile pursuits. At the end of the day, Scientology is a sad, pathetic and silly little cult, that is hell-bent on running itself into the ground as quickly as possible. For those of us who want to see it crash, Davey Boy is doing a fine job on his own.

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, I would like to wish you the best of luck and much happiness. And remember that you have definitely made a huge difference to many more than you will ever know!

10. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Well, we've probably turned Emma into a sobbing blue blob by now with all this heartfelt emotion. And it all comes across as very sincere too, not a false note there.

Only six months of this to go, Ems. :)

Are there any offers from anyone willing to keep the board going? I imagine Emma will provide some kind of hat write-up :)biggrin:), and I don't think the money is going to be a problem at all.

Paul

11. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

Thank you Emma for everything you did. I can understand wanting to get your life back and doing things that have nothing to do with the C of $. You have through your efforts helped thousands of people get free from the cult and have done more than your share.

I wish you and your family a prosperous and healthy life.

Sincerely,
    Dean Blair

12. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

I do so hope someone takes over ESMB for Emma or does another version of same, because, it wouldn't be right for that ultimate fail day for the Cof$ ... the big party day when Occupied Clamwater becomes Liberated Clearwater ... to not have ESMB or another system like it presiding over the huge celebration day. It will be a huge party like no other, and, I will need someway of being notified so I can scoot down to the airport, be groped by those blue gloved assholes, and fly to Tampa, rent a car, and join the party in Libertated Clearwater.

Pete

13. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanx, Emms :bighug:

You've provided a means here for me not only to heal but help others do the same - and that's priceless.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Cult is long dead and is just struggling along eating what's left of its own dead flesh right now, so why not go live your own life?:confused2:

And as for the lowlife who've continued to make your life unpleasant....:angry:

I suggest that if anyone wants it so bad, they start an "ESMB Mk II" themselves and "we" all go there, otherwise Tipping Point, OCMB or even Divided by Zero are viable alternatives.

Enjoy your life and I'll see you next time we come to Melbourne.:thumbsup:

Oh, and FUCK OSA!!!!!

You might get some "stats" from this but have a look at what's left of your pathetic dwindling organization and compare it to what was there when ESMB started out.:omg:

You'd have to do what Emma's doing, wouldn't you? :hysterical:

14. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for everything you've done Emma.
    I totally understand how you feel.
    Hopefully there will be a new board that will be run by someone who needs the experience and will be peopled by those who need the assistance, which is really invaluable.
    But I really get the need to move on.
    I should move on too and probably won't; the "Ex" forums still provide me info and some entertainment for about 20 minutes each day.
    I guess I'd miss that.
    The best to you.

15. still here

still here Patron with Honors

Dear Emma

I only recently joined the board and I had been out of scientology for 35 years. I had lived my life and never really thought about Scn and the SO, then bored one night I happened across it, and found some very old Dear friend looking for me.
    I have now contacted 3 old friends who have become very close and meaningful.
    It has been wonderful!
    You gave me this gift and it is priceless.
    I can only imagine the work this board is to manage, and how many painful attacks you have had to endure throughout, but what an achievement anf how brave were you!
    Many thousands of people have gained inspiration from what you created (and your wise and wonderful comments on threads!)
    I have always been very impressed by the compassion and caring of almost all of the contributors, and how welcoming they have been to new people and anyone having a hard time - you have created a sanctuary, and a life line. It has been that important, and YOU made it.
    You have also allowed people still in to find help , and those out and struggling to find hope and support.
    You are a rare and unique beign - you bravely did this, on your own and carried it on despite all the bullets and shrapnel you received, how big a hero are you!
    I fully understand that you may be tired and want to move on, but as many have said, if you made enemies - you have also made far more friends and true and reliable ones...You have created the helpful and supportive culture that exists here - so please do feel you can reconsider....get help if required (assistance and deputies) - share the burden - but stay there if you can - you have given so much and I know that everything you have was natural and because of the truly awesome being you are - take a vacation, get help - think what you could manage but please stay involved...
    This is my plea....I would absolutely honour your decision but it is a heartfelt plea....
    My love and respect - to an awesome and incredible being....
    Nolite te bastardos carbunundorum....(my latin is rusty - sorry to any purists if it is incorrectly spelt)
    Translation: Don't let the bastards grind you down...
    A normal transition in business would be for you to become the boards "president"..or dare we say COB...with a few managers you could yell at etc.....(open a board RPF or whatever)
    (if you need a break in Wales - you are always welcome!)
    XXXX:bigcry:
    with my love and total respect....XXXXXXXXXX:sadsigh:

16. GreyLensman

GreyLensman Silver Meritorious Patron

Emma -

Thank you for what you built here. You and the board will be missed. Sorry it was not easier, and I'm very sorry to see you leave this.

Thank you, Emma.

17. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Wow, Ems, this is a shock -- but not surprising, paradoxically. You've done an amazing thing by standing up and getting this Board started, and you've made a real difference in the lives of thousands of people. I'll miss ESMB for sure. But I can't quarrel with your decision and know you've made the right choice.

As the old hippy song goes,

May the long time sun shine upon you, all love surround you,
    And the pure light within you guide your way on.

xxxx

18. Veda

Veda Sponsor

A related project would be the maintaining of an expanded version of the ESMB Home Page http://exscn.net, which would contain, amongst other things, the "best of ESMB."

And if Emma wants to say - and I think, most of us have only guesses as to who these few are - just who in the heck is causing the flak. Saying who might be helpful to you, Emma - unless you feel it would be inappropriate to do so. Anyway, there's plenty of time to contemplate that.

There was an idea, way back when, that the old (entirely "critical") newsgroup, A.R.S. could be joined with the (mostly "squirrel") "tech" oriented A.C.T., and this combination of seemingly irreconcilable opposites would allow for a place where a complete description of Scientology would be possible. That would mean that the "good" of Scientology (mainly used as deceptive lead-in disguise) could be described and discussed, as well as that which is lurking behind the "good."

This would allow for a complete description of the multi-layered goodness-disguised mind-trap of Scientology, and that's something Scientology most definitely does not want.

ESMB finally made that possible.

19. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Emma, that is a wise decision. You are completely correct to feel that there is far more to occupy you in life than the upsets of scientologists & former scientologists, and that accordingly there is no reason for you to submit to a role of public target simply as a result of your own efforts to assist others. For my part I deeply regret all that you've been put through by dint of irresponsible & irrelevant hostilities.

I hope you are able to take some consolation in that what you have done has been tremendously helpful for many and a great influence on the scientology community.

Thank You very much for all that you have done and the leadership you have provided. You are a Great Lady. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes to You & Yours.

Mark A. Baker

20. StickbyMe

StickbyMe Patron with Honors

Thank you, Emma. I've spent half a decade trying to pretend that Scientology never happened to me. The last two months since I joined the forum have been therapeutic as hell.

You guys are the loveliest bunch of SPs and PTSs and DBs that I ever met. I'll probably see y'all over on OCMB at some point.