Ireland - TCD to host Mike Rinder in debate.

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by xenusdad, Oct 25, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. xenusdad

xenusdad Patron with Honors

2. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

From the above link:

3. smartone

smartone My Own Boss

TCD? Translation please.

4. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

From the link [STRIKE]xenusdad[/STRIKE] Free to shine posted, I'd say it means "Trinity College Dublin".

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  5. Free to shine

Looks like "I’ll be taking part in two debates about religion this week, in University College Dublin on Wednesday and in Trinity College Dublin on Thursday." from the link I quoted. :)

6. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

Trinity College Dublin, the school of the heavy hitters in Irish legal, Political and Academic circles.

7. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Trinity College Dublin.

(lol, "snap!", John)

8. johnAnchovie

Lol. I think we can all be fairly certain that it means Trinity Collage Dublin at this point... :eyeroll:

9. smartone

smartone My Own Boss

Thanks guys. :blowkiss:

10. PTSPal

PTSPal Patron with Honors

:melodramatic: I'd probably give up an appendage to participate in this...:grouch:

11. Free to shine

Good to see you here again. Let us know how it goes! :)

12. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Sounds good. :yes:

Good luck John! :thumbsup:

13. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

On Thursday 27 October I will be in TCD, debating the motion ‘This House Believes that Scientology is as Legitimate as any other Religion’. This debate is organised by the University Philosophical Society.

I and Mike Rinder, a former global spokesperson for the Church of Scientology, will be proposing the motion, and former Scientologist John Duignan and Matthew McKenna of Anonymous Ireland will be opposing the motion.

So does that mean that Mike will be arguing that Scientology IS a legitimate religion?

Just want to make sure I'm following this correctly....

14. Teanntás

Teanntás Patron Meritorious

Chartered by Good Queen Bess in 1591 to 'civilise' Dublin. A work in progress :biggrin:

15. johnAnchovie

Dead on the button.

I am curious to see if he has allowed ideas; the nuances of living and sharing the world with people of wide and various outlooks and experience. Has he allowed his attitudes and convictions to be informed by that vast array of influences that he has the luxury of allowing himself to be exposed to; those rich experiences of love and human intercourse that to Mike would have been new, frightening in some ways, challenging of the cultic black and white one way thinking experienced as one who spent the totality of his childhood, teenage and adult years in the intellectually and emotionally barren desert that describes the life of a scientologist. I hope he has, and will be deeply disappointed if he has simply carried on in that same paranoid and damaged vein.

16. Free to shine

Geez I love it when you write.... :biggrin:

17. xenusdad

[video=youtube;2JwCS1OexwY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JwCS1OexwY[/video]

18. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

That's the $64 question, Lulu Belle. I'd like to know the answer too but I'm pretty sure he'll be arguing for rather than against.

19. xenusdad

He is arguing for the motion. For the lulz, no other scientologist could be found to argue for their so-called religion so Michael Nugent, head of Atheist Ireland has been brought in as he believes that no religion is legitimate, therefore scientology may as well be included in that.

20. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

No more sound from 16:45 on. Thanks anyway. :)