Is consciousness expansion dead?

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by Veda, Aug 28, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

His Scientology tainted consciousness expansion?

[​IMG]

2. Leland

Leland Crusader

It has certainly thrown a wrench into the works for me....and IMO for others as well.

But, don't know if that is true....

Geeze, did they ever fuck me up....

3. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

I hope not. The concept of isolating the spirit and studying its properties was especially promising.

4. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Please explain what you mean by "consciousness expansion".

5. Bill

Bill Silver Meritorious Patron

Depends. For some indoctrinated in Scientology, probably. For the rest of the world, no.

6. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

Good question.

7. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

Scientology's ten million-plus words of CONSCIOUSNESS EXPANDING research and activities were actually going incredibly well in the beginning. . .

All the way up until the 4th word.

[​IMG]

8. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

I doubt you can expand your native abilities - I do believe you can improve them through use, but not beyond their native limits.

Here's an example: On OT 7 especially, you do daily drilling of telepathy in the course of your auditing BTs. Let's not get into if they actually exist or not or are mis-labeled by Hubbard and are something else entirely. The solo auditor may not think of it as drilling, but in session you are emitting telepathic commands at the BT and conversely, expecting to receive telepathic responses from the BT.

All that solo auditing amounts to daily practice of telepathy.

In my experience, after auditing on the level for a couple years, I was more prone to know who was calling me before seeing the #, hearing the voice etc.; discuss a third person with a second (via calls or texts), and have the third text, or call within moments of the discussion. This is not to say it happens 100% of the time - so don't bother calling James Randi and ask if he gives finders fees.

I "know" he doesn't :notworthy:

I would say, yes, it has improved, but beyond my native capacity? I doubt it. So, you ask, I ain't on OT 7 nor would I if hell froze over. Well, here's an app for you!

http://www.espresearch.com/iphone/

Mimsey

9. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I still have what I started with. Scientology neither improved nor tainted anything for me in that respect ... it did however, make me acutely aware of charlatans, posers, assorted guru wannabes and wankers in general who attempt to 'assist and educate' others (for a fee) with their version of consciousness expansion and I have zero tolerance for any of them (in case you didn't notice).

:D

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

So, after much auditing, a person thinks that they (OT powers) can affect a traffic light to change to green for them.

Then, later, that person learns that their major roads have traffic intersection coordination.

Which is the most likely explanation for their traffic experience?

1. They have OT powers to turn the light green

2. It's just their imagination... traffic intersections are coordinated during some times of the day

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  11. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

In the UK Celebrity Big Brother show currently running on TV there is a psychic named Sally Morgan taking part. She is billed as having been Princess Diana's medium.

A few days ago there were two housemates up for eviction by public vote - Hardeep and Natalie. Sally Morgan predicted that Hardeep would go. He didn't, it was Natalie.

It was a 50/50 shot and she got it wrong but if she'd got it right then I'm sure she would have said it was because of her "psychic" abilities.

Personally I do believe in expansion of consciousness and all kinds of weird and wonderful things but this kind of "psychic" just annoys me.

12. HelluvaHoax!

Your conclusions are built on a rather flimsy network of unrelated assumptions, superstition and wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with having a a "feeling" about this, but that's not science, logic or reason. Hubbard used that kind of "science" where his hunches became "technology" without any other basis than the mere fact that he "felt good about it".

Let's break it down a little more:
    • You said: "All that solo auditing amounts to daily practice of telepathy". No, it actually doesn't amount to anything of the kind. It's not the "practice of telepathy" because telepathy is an unspoken thought being successfully transmitted between two (2) different people. But when advanced Science-Oologists audit BTs they are the only one in the room. They are talking to themselves. That's not telepathy. The appropriate term for that is soliloquy
    • You said: "I was more prone to know who was calling me...." There are multiple reasons this could be true, that you entirely ignored. You stated that this "telepathic practice" was done over "years"---what if you were prone to know more about who was calling you at any particular time of day, or day of the week or time of the month/year? What if your "more prone" assessment was mathematically wrong and you were actually "less prone"? Did you keep a written record? No? Oh, I see, then how did you do the statistical tabulation? What's that? You did it by "feelings"? LOL.

The main problem with viewing life through the special lenses designed by Dr. Hubbard is best described by the words to the famous blues song "Born Under A Bad Exam Report"

"If I didn't have illogic--i wouldn't have no logic at all."
    B.T. King (blown/disaffected brother of B.B. King)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  13. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Hiya Mimsey! Hugs!

I'm with HH on this. Not only is it a soliloquy, but the false knowingness is a real doozy.

How many times do Scientologists, especially supposed "OTs" make assumptions of what others think or what is happening based on such feelings and end up entirely wrong, not even near the truth?

A lot. I see it on FB all the time from FZers, Indies or newly outs who make assumptions and state these things as if they "know" it as fact. What kind of genuine communication can occur between two people when one person makes up things in his head and has false assumptions about the other that he or she absolutely believes he "knows" as fact but are actually completely off base and false?

Example: Billy Blowdown believes L Ron Hubbard was never sick. Harry Hadanuff tells him that's not true and links copies of medical reports. Billy Blowdown gets a bit shaken by this, then interprets his personal reaction/upset to mean that because that information made him feel bad, Harry Hadanuff must be an SP. Billy Blowdown then tries to "pick up" information about Harry Hadanuff to confirm this idea that HH is an SP. He realizes he's never had a conversation with Harry on the forum before, so "intuitively knows" that Harry is actually part of a psychiatric group conspiracy that has conspired to spread false information about L Ron Hubbard on the Internet.

So he tells Harry that the information is false because he ''knows" it was made up by Hadanuff and his psychiatric friends.

Harry now thinks Billy Blowdown is a complete lunatic, and it sure looks like that to any observer reading the conversation.

That sort of thing happens often.

It's a bad habit when a person looks inside his own head for impressions and tries to make a picture from them to make sense of something that can be answered with simple discussion. Impressions can be anything and they are more often wrong than right.

14. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Are there differences in consciousness expansion, psychic phenomena and imagination?

15. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Are you intimating that Scientology has something to do with "consciousness expansion"?

16. Mimsey Borogrove

Sheila it wouldn't matter a whit, what I post - HH will use it as grist for his mill. He sees it as a spring board for his schtick. I am sticking by my post no matter what twisted logic he employs to make his point. He is a naysayer on any point I may make that isn't bound in solid mest and his version of science. Anything that smacks of ESP he categorically denies, or refuses to read research on, attempts to debunk, even in the face of evidence or statistics to the contrary.

In the past he has claimed to have delved deep into psi research only to find it lacking in sufficient creds to make him believe in it. Thus, he stands, his back turned to the winds of change, new research, etc. bent over a flaming trash can of his out of date beliefs.

I don't mind - it's his prerogative. I experienced what I experienced whether he cares to believe it or not. He can naysay, dispute, disavow, disagree, make impassioned off point lectures, blather on and on till hell freezes over, it still doesn't change the facts.

Mimsey

17. HelluvaHoax!

Just because OTs may not be able to psychically will traffic lights to change to green, it in no way diminishes other OT abilities.

To wit, there are numerous examples of Scientologists finding a parking space where none existed before. There is no other possible explanation for this phenomena other than paranormal powers.

Cynics and skeptics simply have not done the research, they are merely spewing hate, prejudice & bigotry by doubting/denying the facts. All they would have to do to false data strip themselves is to read any of the case studies, clinical trials and/or peer-reviewed scientific journals like Advance! magazine.

I have grown weary of trying to prove that the state of Operating Thetan is real to downstat, downtone beings. Even after I prove to them that OTs have miraculous powers that transcend the physical universe, they still reject the concept of total cause over life! LOL. What fools these homo sapiens be! Wait a second, my phone is ringing I'll be right back. Oh, wait--I can prove right now that telepathy is real, by simply "picking up" who is calling me.

(MOMENTARY PAUSE WHILE I PUT MY "ZERO" IN ON THE CALLER AND DUPLICATE WHAT TERMINAL IS CALLING ME)

Okay, I picking up that its that DB merchant of chaos from Ford Finance Company again, trying to enturbulate my lines with suppressive entheta about my car getting repossessed. What a 1.1 anti-social personalty that MEST being is. Obviously I am cause over life here because he's been calling non-stop for weeks threatening that they are going to find my car and repo it ---but as an OT I am not worried because I used my total-cause-over-life powers and parked the car in a friend's garage in order to as-is all that counter-intention they are putting on my car.

........(5 minutes later)...........Okay I am back and I as right, that sleazy banker was calling me and saying they found my car and towed it to the impound and that I owed $16,438 within two weeks otherwise they are going to sell my car at auction. Now I totally duplicate what LRH meant when he was talking about the conspiracy to enslave the world by the "twelve world bankers!" Whoa huge cog!!!! I had no idea the guy at the local branch of Bank Of America who gave me that car loan was one of them!

18. Bill

Bill Silver Meritorious Patron

You actually believe that BTs exist? :screwy::omg::hysterical: There are no such things as "Body Thetans" and, therefore, one doesn't use "telepathy" to "talk" to them. Whether telepathy is true or not doesn't come into it. :duh:

Solo auditing amounts to daily practice in self-deception.

But here is the thing, you believe in "Body Thetans" and HH makes fun of that -- and you then say:
    You think, in your belief in "Body Thetans", that you are standing on the side of logic and science? This is truly enlightening, and not in a good way.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  19. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Only among some ex-Scientologists . . . there are also many exies still pursuing their original purpose that led them into Scientology. Of course, many keep under wraps . . . and youse might be surprised just who among the anti-cult and the anti-Cof$ community that have maintained their search.

But the search for answers regarding our true spiritual awarenesses, powers, capacities, abilities and true nature is alive and very, very well!

The likes of Rupert Sheldrake and his gang of fellow researchers world-wide attests to that . . . also there is a very healthy online and alternative media community alive and well doing their thing expanding "consciousness."

See for example:

Collective Evolution - Conscious Media
    https://www.collective-evolution.com/
    Creating change through transforming consciousness. Learn more about CE's Mission!

20. Mimsey Borogrove

I did not say there was such a thing as body thetans. I said: " Let's not get into if they actually exist or not or are mis-labeled by Hubbard and are something else entirely." The solo auditor believes they are real. So he attempts to communicate with whatever they are or are not via telepathy and so it amounts to daily practice of telepathy.

Mimsey

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List