Is every Scientologist a God?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Nicole, Oct 6, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Nicole

Nicole Silver Meritorious Patron

They behave like one and let everybody known, that they have the absolute truth.

They seem to have self - respect like a God.

But are they really one? They are doing crimes, destroy other peoples lifes, lie, ...

So my question, is every Scientologist a God?

2. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

I'm not a scientologist, but I am a god :biggrin:

On a more serious note, how could one be a god?

Egoist (looking out for Emma, in case I used the word incorrectly :nervous:), certainly. God? :hysterical:

Kumbaya was one until I shot the fucker.

3. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Erm, no.

In my understanding of cult, Mr. Hubbard did indeed use the hook of creating a superiority complex, ie. 'We can become super humans, smarter, faster, less smelly...blah-blah'

Gods? Not a frikken chance imho.

Able to manipulate our own circumstances? Absolutely.

4. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

A god is free from most restrictions, certainly human ones.

A scientologist lives in fear of having his/her certs revoked and having to start all over again at the whim of the organization.

So, no.

5. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

comm lag was pretty tight there, eh guys?

6. Nicole

But doesn't the Tech, the OT believe make little gods. I mean a human with superpower ability is like a little god.

I am thinking about this, because every Cult believes in some kind of god. Who is the god in Scientology, if not the Scientologist are? Hubbard or the Tech?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  7. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

LRH, followed by DM. Tech is dependent upon who is in charge

8. Nicole

In OT VIII you hear Hubbard is god imo, before Hubbard is for Scientologists the founder, leader... He was for me like a "Big Father", but not god.

9. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Nicole, I guess it really depends upon your interpretation of God. Or how you perceive what or who god should be.

10. Nicole

I don't believe in any god. :)

11. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

I'll bite.

I think its the main ploy to make the victim seek that 'extra-super-special' thing that will put them above the 'common man'. One of the biggest issues I have with this is that cults seem to strip the well-intentioned down to a very small place, then injects it's own form of matrix. It boils down to fear and control. You become afraid for your being/soul/eternity, but the answers are, of themselves, controlling and destructive within the form of what-ever belief.

We are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d43gKl9xIME

12. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

They want to be Gods of some sort. Total cause over MEST.

13. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Didn't Nancy Cartwright talk about Scientologists all being Gods in some interview she did?

Emma (the Pedant)

14. You only become a Scientology God when you go full OT like Alan did. If you can't break free from the shackles of sanity, you remain a mere human.

[video=youtube;sNy-4xvI47I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNy-4xvI47I[/video]

15. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

Real Scientology Beliefs - Nancy Cartwright says she WANTS TO BECOME GOD
    [video=youtube;mr7N4nGe7pc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7N4nGe7pc[/video]

16. Alle G

Alle G Patron with Honors

What kind of self-respect do they have? Easily tolerating abuse – being beaten by Miscavige, RPF, wearing a dirty rag – is it self-respect? If it is, it is based on something else, not what is usually meant by self-respect.

Maybe normal ordinary self-respect is replaced with illusionary make believe superiority complex, which is in fact an inverted inferiority complex?

17. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

I still feel it baby! :smack: oooohhhhhh!

18. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

:lol:

19. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Extremely low self esteem often manifests in acting out superiority. It also comes along with a lot of belief systems. Watch orthodox Jews closely, refusing to follow secular laws, not joining the army till very recently, and then only in their own regiments, or born again Christians looking down their condescending noses with that nasty holier than thou smiles, or Islamic fundamentalists shooting people in a shopping mall if they didn't know the name of the prophet's mum. Maybe extreme religious fervour is a manifestation of low esteem, perhaps people who are comfortable in their own skin are immune to religious insanity.

20. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

It also manifests from a desperation of where one is. A way out.

Edit: Anyone who feels they are nothing needs that little thing to say to themselves that they matter. Evil, good or indifferent.

We all like our 15 minutes of fame.

The difference lies in how we choose to do it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013