Is Oprah Winfrey a Scientologist?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Hanover Fist, Feb 6, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Hanover Fist

Hanover Fist Patron with Honors

I just heard Oprah say on her show today (2/6/08):

"I just called in bubbles with a silver bubble blower!" (I am quoting from memory)

She said this in response to a discussion on how thoughts control reality (within the context of the book The Secret). She told about how she had a man on her show some time back who was attempting to blow a record-setting bubble. Oprah then said she thought to herself how much she would like to blow some bubbles that weekend with someone (I don't remember who). She then went to her office to find that the person she was thinking about had sent her bubbles and a silver bubble blower for her birthday some time ago, she just didn't notice it. Now she calls it her "Miracle Bubble Blower".

Now THAT is sloppy thinking. And her statement seemed, I don't know...weird. Maybe, just maybe, she didn't notice the basket before the bubble show. :eyeroll:

Do you think Oprah has never heard of Occam and his Razor?

Hanover Fist

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

deleted

3. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

Ophra a Scientologist?

No, but she sounds like an air head.

4. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

But a billionaire airhead who earned it not inherited it.

Paul

5. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

Psssst!!! She knows 'The Secret'!!!

Zinj

6. Lovesnightsky

Lovesnightsky Silver Meritorious Patron

Keep your paws off Oprah lads, she rocks!
    And hell no, she's NOT a scientologist.

[please God, don't prove me wrong, I'll be a good girl, promise, just don't let Oprah be a scientologist, pretty please with sugar on top]

7. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Too funny. If she is, I'll have to stop watching her the few times a month that I do. LOL!!!

I'm recording today's show on the DVR. I'll watch it and see what I think. I really don't think she is. And I think TC scared her from ever wanting to be one - when he jumped on her couch. If you look at some of the shots very carefully, Oprah looks embarrassed by TC's behavior. Hell, I would have called security to have him removed.

8. WrongPlaceRightTime

WrongPlaceRightTime Patron Meritorious

hahahaha that is funny. If Oprah is a scientologist, we would know about it. BTW the lady who wrote "the Secret" did what L. Ron did and ripped off a bunch of other theroies from before she was even born to write that book/movie, only she gave some credit where credit is due. "The Secret" is old news in the New Age. At first I was indignant to this book and it's author, but you know, it is important information and if it get's people like my two aunties and grandma thinking positive, then it is alright with me. The author (can't think of her name, too lazy to google it) has affirmed to the universe "I have a gaggillion dollars" and the universe doth provideth. haha...

9. Poofy

Poofy Patron with Honors

The Secret is to think positive in your life. That's one of the best secrets to know.

10. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

I positively think my bank account has twice as much money today as yesterday!!!:happydance:

Zinj

11. Leon

Leon Gold Meritorious Patron

She's a Southern Baptist.

12. Kathy (ImOut)

I highly doubt Oprah is a Southern Baptist. They don't drink. She drank some wine on her show yesterday. And she's been known to toss back a few shots of tequila with JT.

13. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I'm tempted. Think I need some more grovelling.

Not sure how you define " Good Girl"

Sounds like a contradiction of terms.

In mean, take that slut Eve.

Sadly I didn't. Don't like apples.

But see Leda. Wow! Such fun to pretend being a swan.

14. Lovesnightsky

hehehehe

I guess I would define being a good girl by no longer being "naughty but nice".

You are into Greek mythology? Zeus did have a thing about "doing" women while in swan shape. Talk about bestiality :omg:
    I think it's a bit like the Virgin Birth.
    "You are what???"
    "Pregnant. But darling, I have not been unfaithful, it was God/Zeus that came down from heaven and did it."

15. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

My " Shore story"

And apparently half the worlds!

Guess it worked.

Yeah! I did it.

"I guess I would define being a good girl by no longer being "naughty but nice".

Sophistry! You are trying to lure me into .................

OK its working.

Just to lay out some ground rules, this three date rule about phone
    no's don't apply to God. Me.

So give, or have a lightening bolt.

God! one has to put these princesses in their place.

16. Lovesnightsky

Well, considering that Paul is a SEXY GOD and he makes my knees go all wobbly, I'm not so sure your rules apply. Actually, I don't understand those rules at all. You will have to explain a bit better.

And girls, Terril has a VERY SEXY VOICE!

Not sure what any of this has to do with Oprah, maybe she is into Swans? Naaaaaaaa

17. Leon

Leon Gold Meritorious Patron

She said she was a Southern Baptist. I heard her.

18. Kathy (ImOut)

I don't watch her enough to know what religion she practices. I just thought the Southern Baptist don't drink. Maybe it's the just Baptists that don't drink. I don't follow the rules of organized religions, so I don't have a clue who does or doesn't do what.

19. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Shit! Thats the third time this month some hot chick has described me as sexy.

I mean... I'm so middle aged.

Wow! LNS is no longer playing hard to get. Wish I had this magick when I was younger. :)

LNS posted these rules.

"oooh, just saw this, thought it was part of the sig.
    Terril, I only give out my phone number after the third date
    you can find me on skype though hehe"

Like I'm a guy. We have rules?

Gave my Skype addy to the world.

And at best a " Skype" date counts as half a date.

Your trying to make out these are my rules?

I raise my half date to 3 dates.

If these are your rules you owe me a phone no.

If not I owe you one.

( Data series is way cool for getting the second date) :)

20. WrongPlaceRightTime

WrongPlaceRightTime Patron Meritorious

talk about hijacking a thread! get a room you two!:arose: :love11: