What's new

Is the ARC Triangle of Any Use?

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
As the person embarks on OT 8, he firmly believes (and has Attested to the fact) that he has handled and “gotten rid of/freed/handled” all of his present time BTs/Entities/Othernesses etc by virtue of the preceding Levels and believes that he is, at long last, truly himself.

In the course of auditing OT 8, he inspects every Identity he has encountered in auditing and/or life (usually the person he thought he was at the time of any given incident) which he thought was part of who he truly is. He takes each of these Identities, one at a time, and questions it as whether it was actually him, True or False. These things are checked on the meter, of course, but apart from that aspect, nobody else is going to evaluate for him as to whether or not it is his track or someone else’s track.

This procedure is continued until all of his ideas about self (mostly based on his earlier inspections of the past in auditing and life) are thoroughly looked at and evaluated as to actuality.

What happens when a person lets go of all false ideas about who he really is?

Some OT8s seem to be left with a question and some seem to arrive at an answer.

I don’t have any questions about who I am.

Let me guess, for some the EP; OMG I'm RON!
and for some the EP; WTF I'm NOT RON!

Gib

Crusader
I have discussed it several times in the past here on ESMB.
I'm only here for this brief moment in Eternity so I hope you'll forgive me if I don't keep repeating myself.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...he-8-OT-levels&p=693645&viewfull=1#post693645

thanks for link Panda, I started reading it but have to finish it in a few days, work beckons.

I find this interesting post from Veda:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...he-8-OT-levels&p=214462&viewfull=1#post214462

"Incidentally, in 1956, in 'Pab 99', Hubbard wrote that "There are not other thetans in the body," and if anyone had come forward to disagree with him, at that time, insisting that he had thousands if them in his body, and had been subjected to a super-engram from 75 million years ago, most Scientologists would have regarded that person as insane.

But then, ten years later, Ron changed his mind, so here we are."

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
The ARC Triangle is probably as useful as the KRC Triangle:

Knowledge: Scientologists are the only people who have true knowledge of the mind.

Responsibility: Scientologists are dedicated to Clearing the Planet.

Control: Since they have the knowledge and responsibility, Scientologists are now in control of the mental health field on this planet.

Err.....hold on a minute. Something seems to have gone wrong here.:confused2:

Not to be mistaken for a K-F-C triangle~
3148419290_1_2_hfSKdluk.jpg

:whistling:

:p

Jump

Operating teatime

I'm way back in this thread, but the old blub bird was trying to put something over. What people do is misread his junk just as intended.

An honest triangle of effective communication would include -

* Genuine concern for understanding the other's position
* Truth
* Intellectual honesty

If people misread these concepts into the "ARC Triangle" they will be sorely mistaken.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Is the ARC triangle of any use ???

Yes absoluetly!

The triangle part of it has been of use for thousands years...
(The ARC part of it can be thrown to the bin though)

Like here:

[video]https://youtu.be/1vw1pdjydp0[/video]

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

QUESTION: Is the ARC Triangle of Any Use?

ANSWER: No.

CLARIFICATION: That answer seemed kind of unfair, actually. Hmmm, I thought about it again and have a different, better answer.

BETTER ANSWER: It could be of some use IF it was being applied by someone who was NOT a Scientologist. Because, a Scientologist would apply ARC to achieve the goals of Scientology, using the policies of Scientology. That would be inordinately destructive because it would include Fair Game, Disconnections, TR-L, "Ruining" the person to get them to pay for their next level, Black Ops, Lying/Cheating/Tricking others (with ARC) because it was the "greatest good", et al......

WOGS ALREADY HAVE A FAR BETTER TECH THAN THE ARC TRIANGLE: They call it, "Why don't you try talking to them?" when advising a person who is having a problem with another. That's pretty much all it comes down to. Wogs have used their superior tech for approximately 200,000 years, since homo sapiens first evolved.

HOW WELL HAS THE ARC TRIANGLE WORKED OUT FOR SCIENTOLOGISTS?: Aside from radical Islamic suicide bombers, Scientology is the most reviled and ridiculed religion in the world. Mainly because they PRETEND to use affinity and PRETEND to use reality and PRETEND to use communication and PRETEND to attain understanding. Paradoxically, if they'd used the concept of ARC truthfully, they would have quickly attained the understanding that Scientology is a cruel hoax.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
I made my comment on Tony O blog regarding Chris video:

Gib • a day ago
Chris Shelton, nice video, but you blew it, sorry to say, IMHO.
While Hubbard said the most important point of the ARC Triangle was communication, as far as understanding is concerned, but if you look at from a viewpoint of how Hubbard duped us thru rhetoric and sublime,
the most important point is reality or agreement, that is what Hubbard did, but simply get agreement, some call this hypnosis, some call this brainwashing.
All Hubbard did was to get "agreement" or get one to believe in his "reality" or agreement.
What a long con?
Same as MLM companies, Scientology is the MLM of religion. LOL

https://tonyortega.org/2017/12/21/t...ology-year-in-review-starts-today/#more-44537

Gib

Crusader
interesting article to read and compare to scientology:

http://www.slate.com/articles/busin...n_on_herbalife_herbalife_will_fight_back.html

From the article:

"Seriously, why not? The Federal Trade Commission has been probing Herbalife for more than two years on charges that the multilevel marketing company is in fact a pyramid scheme, an inherent fraud in which salespeople are primarily incentivized to recruit others into the scam."

Scientology has it's FSM commission structure to get people involved in the religion of scientology of which said religion is supposed to manufacture "clear" and the "OT".

The world really needs these clears and OT's, please scientology release them, we need you, why are you waiting, we need OT9/OT10 released, please scientology and DM save us!

Last edited:

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
I didn't blow it, but thanks for your opinion. Just because someone doesn't see things the same way as you do is no reason to be so condescending. I did a lot of research for that episode including some of the material in this very thread. My video is not an effort to show how Hubbard duped us, it's an effort to critically analyze what he said about A-R-C and whether this is as universally workable as he says it is. Clearly my verdict was that it's not.

As far as I see it, the whole "reality = agreement" thing is not the "most important point" of how Hubbard duped people. He duped us with every element of the ARC triangle. Hell, the "affinity" corner is what underlies the entire emotional tone scale, and that is a smorgasbord of pure nonsense and very psychologically damaging material from beginning to end. Let's not even get started on how many people were duped by Hubbard using "communication is the universal solvent" and the TRs offered on the old HAS And Communication Courses. As far as far-reaching destructive effects of the ARC triangle, I'd say the Comm Course was far more damaging to more people over the years than Hubbard's ridiculous definition of reality. In the end, it's all nonsense and should be treated as such.

I really don't see the point in having to make your point by tearing down my work.

It is easy to demonstrate how flawed the arc triangle is - particularly how they don't have to all rise of fall in unison.

Example; wife finds husband cheating A- in the toilet R- shockingly high - and locks changed. (Very real that) C- clothes being tossed out the door U - better lawyer up buddy.

Mimsey