Jan Eastgate arrested! - Today Tonight exclusive

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Emma, May 30, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Jane Eastgate, President of CCHR (Citizens Commission on HUMAN RIGHTS) International, was arrested on Sunday in Sydney on the charge of "Perverting the course of justice" for the cover-up of the ongoing sexual abuse of a minor (Carmen Rainer) by her step father, an on-lines scientologist.

Eastgate was instrumental in covering up and hiding the crime. Her passport has been confiscated and she will be forced to remain here and face the charges here in Australia.

Today Tonight ran the story tonight and hopefully the video will be up on line soon.

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/

You can watch the original Lateline show where this story first broke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxjXTBnDTRs

2. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

The wheels of justice grind slowly. But they grind fine.:yes:

Thank you Carmen and Phoebe for doing what you have to expose this crime, despite the pain it's caused you.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

OSA, it's just going to get worse for you from here.:omg:

Bring doc.s.:biggrin:

3. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I love that her passport has been confiscated, they can't hide her in the RPF anywhere.

4. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

YES!

5. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Is she an SO member now? If so, RPF's RPF!

6. TEoS

TEoS Patron with Honors

It's on such occasions, that I always feel time slows down!

SPEED UP AND GET THE PROGRAM ON ALREADY!

7. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Phobe and Carmen,
    Wow! What a bomb shell landing right in the heart of cultdom. That was atough thing to do Carmen well done.
    Good work Bryan.
    James

8. Not on in QLD tonight.... hope it comes online soon... can't comment on it as I haven't seen any of it :)

9. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

This is beyond awesome. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I wonder how many more people will speak up. Covering up sexual abuse is pretty SOP for the cult

10. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Phoebe! I'm so glad you are here.

"Thank you" is inadequate.

11. jenni with an eye

jenni with an eye Silver Meritorious Patron

This is fantastic.

It will never make up for the hurt and pain for Carmen but at least it is a great start.

Thank you to both Carmen and Phoebe for being so brave, speaking out and exposing this crime by the cofs and its representative.

:heartflower::heartflower::heartflower:

12. :omg:Hope it goes up soon, the suspense is killing me:biggrin:

From the sounds of it all, lets hope it has opened up a BIG can of worms and others feel safe now to come forward...:yes:

13. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITING!!

JUSTICE AT LAST!!! Yes, Thank you Carmen and Phoebe for doing ALL that you've done to help expose this. And my thanks to every single person who does *anything* to help expose the insidious Abuses of the phony "Church" of
    $cientology. THIS IS WHY!!!

Bless you ALL :dance3::heartflower::grouphug:

Tory/Magoo
    www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44

14. Miss Pert

Miss Pert Silver Meritorious Patron

I thought I'd repost this here so I cover both TT threads.

15. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

16. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Exactly.:yes:

Thanks to both Carmen and you - your bravery is outstanding and I doubt it will be in vain. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Cult is finding that its abuses are being ruthlessly exposed and it can't hide them anymore.

17. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I'm gobsmacked.

:clap::clap::clap:

18. :biggrin: :happydance::wow:.... that's awesome!!!!! Ok... I'm in going to have to let all of this sink in a bit now.... sort of a shame I'm on my own....I think???? but I'll have a glass or two to celebrate and watch again... and if I can figure out this new look web page check out more....
    Thanks everyone for all the support!!!! may need more to come???:nervous::handinhand:

19. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

I suppose it should be asked (even if there can't be an answer), how did Today Tonight and others find out about this arrest? It wouldn't be public knowledge I imagine? :coolwink:

20. Doom

Doom Lurking.

Oh dear, did the Cult just send one of their freedom medal winners into a country that has an existing arrest warrant for them or are they just that stupid?

There was once a time where the elite in the cult were looked after and cultivated, this smacks of carelessness and ignorance or just plain arrogance.

Finally, Justice.