Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Scientology-related Videos' started by Emma, Apr 21, 2008.
Pass the popcorn!
the wait is over
Oh Jeeez, video 2 and i'm crying for this guy.
He is eloquently and passionately putting into words the loss and dismay that follows when you leave Scientology.
What was that noise?!?
Ohhhh....it's just the CoS crashing to the ground.
I heard it too
Oh, there it is again
What's that clanking sound?
That's just Jason Beghe walking around..
Oh.. What he says.. It hit's the nail throughout... So many similarities with my own experience. I'd guess that Jason does it to any scientologist.. In or out!
Ultimatly.. Those in the cult know! - Jason's take on 'the thetan always knows!'... They know that there are no Clears, that there are no OT's! - That the cult is 'hoping' to find out how to make the 'tech' work. They're not even experimenting in any useful way. Just the way Hubbard did... Miscavige now doing the flailings in the wind.
Jeeezuz!! - When Jason has his 'moment of loss'... He sure did call up mine! - Regretting having believed in utter nonsense like that.. Realizing that false 'hope' was indeed false..
This has been 2 hours with Jason.. Wonderful! - Thank's!!
Would anyone care to highlight the juicy bits, er, I mean "most edifying parts"?
I don't know how to say this without offending some people here but I'll try my best.
If you still believe in Santa Claus, don't ask your parents why you didn't get a skateboard for Christmas.
If you still believe in the Easter Bunny, don't visit the supermarkets before easter.
If you still believe in the Toothfairy, don't open your eyes if you feel a hand sliding under your pillow in the middle of the night.
If you still believe in Scientology, don't watch this video.
Yup! - That's all of it! - And it's well worth watching at least three times!
Call da boss and get a day off!
Dont be lazy Tans. Watch it. Its in sections. You dont have to do the whole thing at once.
He has such passion, I love it. I heard him say so many things I have said (often only to myself). I will be watching this more than once, that's for sure.
I've only seen the first one so far. If the CofS was clever they would take a snippet of it--fair use, you know--and put it in their own YouTube video. The bit where he talks about this huge, huge major fucking stable win he got on OT TR-0 and he hadn't even started in on the proper auditing shit yet.
You noticed that too, hey. I lost count in the end
It's very cathartic, watching the interview. Once just isn't enough
Part 5 kicks ass
Part 8 - DM is 1.1 (he is being polite). He talks about "the higher you get in the SO the more PTS you become". Heh. That's one way of indicating an item.
Jason was like so many ex-scios I know.
OK, I've now watched all eight parts. My comments:
1. Right at the end of video #8 he mentions his "english" he's been talking. He's using this definition: "(sports) the spin given to a ball by striking it on one side or releasing it with a sharp twist", in other words the "spin" he was putting (or trying not to put) on what he was saying. I just mention this as a word-clearing kind of thing, as it is not a common usage.
2. As as guy, I would have much preferred this as a transcript, so I could have got through it three or four times as fast. For a girl, at least you get to look at a good-looking guy (I assume). Maybe have a male audio version with some interesting graphics, as the current video is simply a talking head. Videographer technical comment: next time, please, please, don't shoot a backlit scene without lights on the main subject!!! The background was perfectly exposed and the main subject was dark throughout. You must know this kind of stuff, it is Lighting 100 1/2.
3. He said that the six-month sec checks have been cancelled as "an arbitrary". Omitting the whole heap of possible commentary on *that*, I've got a question: Is that right? Are the 6-month checks on Solo NOTs now history? I hadn't heard that before.
4. Personally, I didn't really learn anything new, or get a different viewpoint on anything, but I'm not exactly new to the ex-Scientology thing. For someone else, it could be very valuable hearing about the real scene from a celebrity who's been there and done it.
5. He mentioned he could say a whole lot about L-10, not a good action for him. I would be interested in reading those comments if he ever gets around to making them.
6. Oh, another technical point. It is weird having 95% of the sound (Jason) in the right channel only, with the interviewer's 5% coming out of the left channel. It would be better mixed in mono. It's not like the separation is needed to help the viewer determine who is speaking.
So overall, if I had the chance of doing the whole two hours of my life over again that I spent on that interview, I would spend the time reading the (non-existent) transcript--which may never exist as it is a lot of work to transcribe two hours of continual speech--but not watching the video. Unless I was gay, maybe. Or a chick.
Well, I'll have to wait till I get back home from work.
Yes Miss. Sorry Miss. Seen it now Miss.
He also said, "The further you go up the Bridge, the worse you get."
Did you skip that part?
His opinion seems to be that, while there are some good processes at "lower levels," the "upper Bridge" is mind-fuck.
I'm not sure if the Freezone Xenu-Bridge people can turn that into useful promo.
Easy. "Jason Beghe says that Scientology has good processes, especially so for new people!"
Edit: I am merely converting your comment, Veda. I don't recall him saying that about the lower level processes generally, although I agree he said that re the upper levels.
Jason, You are real, my man. Thanks for the honesty. Thanks for going through it for us so we can understand it better ourselves. I went through it for 34 years, two brief trips into and out of the Sea Org, and left for good in 2005. Made it to OT 8, did all 3 L's, and I have taken close to 3 years to decompress and wake up. I too am telling what I can to warn others. The Sea Org is really a cult. No doubt in my mind. The claims of Scientology for gains are unprovable, and unstable at best. I second the question: where are the Clears? Where are the OT abilities? Why are OT 9 and 10 not released despite 20 years elapsing after OT 8? Where is Super Power, researched in 1978 and not released 30 years later? No delivery. Only endless rehash of books, congresses, retraining on Golden Age. Wake UP! The great and powerful Wizard of Oz is a little humbug behind a curtain.
Jason, I'd like to meet you someday and shake your hand. Well Done, and I would sign your formula and attest you made up any damage, in my book. You are not alone, and in my experience it takes a couple of years to figure what is really real to you about the whole experience. If anyone knows Jason, please forward this to him. Thanks, Mike Henderson