What's new

Jeff Avrin has passed away.

DanLocke

Patron with Honors
https://www.facebook.com/jeff.avrin

I first met Jeff when we were both staff at ASHO Day, beginning in 1979. I don't recall when he left ASHO or the circumstances. When I left the SO in '04, I found out about the internet and mainly used it to find old friends. I didn't locate Jeff until facebook. We were friends there for a while, but I guess that he saw that "I've got friends in low places", and disconnected from me.

After the SO, he was for many years an administrator at Mace Kingsley. I don't know anything about his career there.

A good guy. He managed to land a big wad of cash when we were in the SO, and this was before the IAS and such. There were a few years where SO members who managed to land a lot of cash could just keep it. At most, you might get regged to buy some hours of auditing, as there wasn't much staff auditing occurring, but there were no projects occurring where people were getting regged for other stuff than T&P.

So, Jeff was married to a girl at the time, Cindy Avrin. He bought her some hours, and then splurged on buying a Harley Davidson and also decked out their berthing in Leb Hall something special, with carpeting, a couch and curtains; everything plush and burgundy and blacks and a wonderful stereo system. So, late at night he'd invite people to his room to talk and smoke cigarettes and groove to music. That was good.

There was a few months that he was at Flag and I was entrusted with his sportster. Pretty good feeling to cruise through Los Angeles area on a harley in the early 80's. Really a fun time.

Love you Jeff, and see you in Valhalla!

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
During my final immersion in the cult at the AO at Flag, I noticed that many of the older American FSO staff were sporting IAS pins, ralating to how many tens of thousands of dollars they had donated to IAS or whatever. And that's when I realized the Social l Security aspect of the scam. Feed 'em bread and water and skim their social security checks for IAS.

I bet there's a hundred or so "meat bodies" SO members that can't produce jack, but they're blasting away 2k a month to DM.