What's new

John Harvey from St. Hill has passed away

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors
For any of you who knew John Harvey, longtime staff and of late a letter reg at St. Hill, the latest edition of The Auditor (AOSH 337 UK) contains the announcement that he departed his body on March 15, 2008.

The announcement notes that John had been in the Sea Org for 40 years and mentions "entertaining stories he used to tell to cheer people up."

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
When I visited SH around 2002 I went out to dinner with John and another SO member I was friends with. I liked him. He was in his 80s then, so he had a good crack of the whip. Thanks for the info.

Paul

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
About John Harvey's passing

I remember John Harvey and he seemed to be quite friendly. Best wishes to him in his future journeys.
Smitty

Pixie

Crusader
For any of you who knew John Harvey, longtime staff and of late a letter reg at St. Hill, the latest edition of The Auditor (AOSH 337 UK) contains the announcement that he departed his body on March 15, 2008.

The announcement notes that John had been in the Sea Org for 40 years and mentions "entertaining stories he used to tell to cheer people up."

I remember him from Saint Bill, friendly guy, always pleasant to me. Hope he's feeling really free now and thanks for letting us know TFH.

British Mom

Patron with Honors

I knew John at St. Hill, lovely man, he always said "Hello, how are you?" when he saw me in EG, even through I was declared, it didnt make any difference to him, he liked me & showed it. :bigcry: He is free now :wave:

solo

Patron with Honors
John Harvey

John Harvey was my very special friend, who helped me in many ways. I am so sorry to hear of his passing, I wish I could have seen a day when he could have left Scientology, I dreamed of "rescuing" him, but he was happy to be there and believed 100% in what he was doing. I wish him all the love in the world for his journeys in the afterlife.

I wish I hadn't had to hear about this on a message board.

All my love always,

Solo

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
What now for John? As far as I know, he was a die-hard SO member and would be intending to go back in to continue with his contract. I don't see how he is suddenly likely to have a great epiphany about it all once he got over the whole "Oh I'm dead, what now?" bit.

I believe he would have had a fairly close idea of what to expect after he dropped it, give or take an implant station or two. He would most likely have had the idea of picking up a baby body with a Scn couple, maybe in East Grinstead or in the US, which he had visited. He may even have set up such an arrangement in advance, as he had wide comm lines from his Letter Reg posts. I took over his post as AO Letter Reg in 1975, and he continued writing to many people after that, whether it was his specific post or not.

Rather than thinking of him as having gone for ever--although his body has--think of him as a spiritual being still able to receive communications from his friends, even if your (and my) perception of him right now isn't as certain as when he was toting a body around. So if there are things you would wish to say to him, go ahead and say them--he could very well receive them and communicate back to you. ("You" here means anyone reading.)

He was always very good at communicating. :)

Paul

solo

Patron with Honors
John Harvey

Hi Paul,

do you still hold those beliefs about people "passing over"? I am pursuing this in the spiritualist world, trying to get proof, after my Dad died this year

I was more moved by John's passing than anything I have experienced since I left, it's like I wanted to talk to him and never got to do it. I am bereft tonight.

love
Solo

Pixie

Crusader
Hi Paul,

do you still hold those beliefs about people "passing over"? I am pursuing this in the spiritualist world, trying to get proof, after my Dad died this year

I was more moved by John's passing than anything I have experienced since I left, it's like I wanted to talk to him and never got to do it. I am bereft tonight.

love
Solo

Oh god Solo, I am so sorry you feel this way. I can't handle death at all, I can't seem to get over anyone's death. I am oringinally Scottish and a lot of my family and the general beliefs there are that the deceased are constantly around to communicate with and that they never completely 'move on' until they are forgotten, hence the large amount of 'spiritualist' churches there.

I have been to these services many times and I go with my family when I go back there which isn't very often but I always go. It never ceases to amaze me how they can tell who your deceased friends and family are and how they can give information that no one else could possibly know. I went to see a medium here in Spain a few months ago and he told me about an old school friend that I hadn't seen since I was fifteen, he had been stabbed to death, I didn't even know this at the time and got the call the very next day!

I can't explain it, but sure, I have a few stories on this subject, but I hope you will be alright. Death is so difficult, apart from the fact that you're not with that person you loved is hard enough, however it also reminds us of our own mortality and fragility.

My thoughts are with you Solo and you are in my prayers.

Warmest Regards to you.. Pixie :hug: :console:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hi Paul,

love
Solo

Yes, I do. One of my Paul's Robot Auditor modules is concerned specifically with communicating with beings in such conditions (not a joke). It is at http://www.paulsrobot.com/LovedOne/

Paul

moggie

John Havey

John was also a good friend of mine.

Funny I was thinking of him just a month or so ago and wondering if he was still alive. Perhaps he was letting me know.

I hope he is happy and free

Pixie

Crusader
John was also a good friend of mine.

Funny I was thinking of him just a month or so ago and wondering if he was still alive. Perhaps he was letting me know.

I hope he is happy and free

I'm sure he was Moggie.. :yes:

Free Will

Patron with Honors
John Harvey was always a very genuine and loveable chap, our favourite toastmaster at the SO Christmas Dinner (when we were allowed to have one). Everyone remembers his long slow joke about the Oomigoolies bird.
Never saw him happier than on the RPF, when he was allowed to potter around in the greenhouses with Norman Wade and Harry Lucas, away from the back-breaking hard labour on the Castle building site. I am sure he would say he had a most enjoyable life.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
John Harvey was always a very genuine and loveable chap, our favourite toastmaster at the SO Christmas Dinner (when we were allowed to have one). Everyone remembers his long slow joke about the Oomigoolies bird.
Never saw him happier than on the RPF, when he was allowed to potter around in the greenhouses with Norman Wade and Harry Lucas, away from the back-breaking hard labour on the Castle building site. I am sure he would say he had a most enjoyable life.

I'm sure he would say that.

I've got about five minutes of video of him talking on a miniDV tape from 2002. I'll have to dig it up and convert it to a YouTube video when I get a few things sorted out.

Paul

Wisened One

Crusader
Don't think I ever had the pleasure of meeting him, but I bid him fare well!

Pixie: Yep, I agree with you, Death is hard, (for me, too!). And sometimes....sometimes, I almost WANT to find a reputable Spiritualist person who could perhaps help me out with any info/news of my family who passed all within last several years...:sadsigh: