John Travolta "Outed" by Margaret Cho - Video & Blog (via HuffPo)

Discussion in 'John Travolta/Kelly Preston' started by JBWriter, May 4, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

While we're on the topic...

John Travolta "Outed" by Carrie Fisher - (Old News)

[video=youtube;OKd_CbYK9E0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKd_CbYK9E0[/video]

3. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

well, he explaination at the huffpo link is worth reading. i didnt even know she was gay, and was initially unimpressed and maybe a little angry of her so called outing of john. i better understand where she is coming from after reading her statement.

4. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

Hi, IPT :biggrin:

I think Ms. Cho self-identifies as queer and is married to a male, but agree with you that the blog post provides a good explanation for what she says/does in the video.

JB.

5. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

It is a shame that scientologists can't be open about themselves. They always have to appear perfect, if they show any imperfections it makes it look like the tech doesn't work. It's not that the tech doesn't work but that the 'aberrated' scientologist is out ethics. Perhaps, and this is a little contraversional, perhaps being gay is not as peculiar as pretending to be straight when you're not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FafVtHWn4X8

6. Reasonable

Reasonable Silver Meritorious Patron

I watched the video and read the post. She did not offer one shred of evidence. She just kept saying over and over that he is gay and doing imitations. I don't care if he is or isn't. I would like to know for the sake of curiosity, but all I hear are accusations. Where is the evidence?

7. In present time

true that... and she was a little manipulative, bringing up dead aids patients as a reason he should just come on out. but by the same token making what came across as degrading joke abouts gays. probably JT loves everybody as in bi-sexual.
    and god know scn has cost him plenty, he might still have Jet had he never got involved.
    one day i will tell the story about how john and I almost got married. nah HUGE exxageration there, but i had lots of friends that knew him from dal-jet where he used to park his plane in dallas. one of my "wog" friends who worked there showed him my picture, and told him what a good little scientology girl i was, he was interested... a date was set for me to meet him on the field. i showed up at love field for the meeting, but my friend got caught up in houston for the evening because some good acid had become available. so, i never got to meet john. come to think of it, that is the story, the rest was only my fantasy.:batseyelashes::cloud9:
    i was never really a big JT fan until i showed up on a saturday night at the southwest mission in dallas to unpack my things to become a brand new staff member. it was such a cool party atmosphere with the soundtrack of staying alive blaring. as a tidbit, although maybe no one knows and even fewer care, dean stokes was sleeping with the staffy girl that recruited me while Vicki was at flag, melanie? if I am wrong let me know./. just in case anyone wondered why Vicki then hooked up with rik aznaran. before that i had no idea JT was a $cn.
    and disco had already ruined any gig my band could get, old hippies freakin hated disco. it changed everything in the music scene.
    I think JT is a sweet person, and even after all these years the cult doesnt seem to have ruined him.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  8. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

Hi, Reasonable :biggrin:

Are you saying all you hear are accusations and asking where the evidence is in the video? Or does your comment/question pertain to the entire topic, as covered by the various media outlets these last two years or so, as regards Mr. Travolta's sexuality?

Ms. Cho is a stand-up comic/performance artist who related she'd worked with JT on a film. Has she the right to comment about his, or anyone else's sexuality? Most folks would say she does. Is it 'entertainment'? Is it 'fair'? I know only this: Should Mr. Travolta's attorney(s) file suit against Ms. Cho, we would all know more than we know now. If no suit is filed, however, what are we to think?

JB.

9. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

That blog post was very moving and is exactly how I feel when it comes to celebrities and Scientology. All of the celebrities that support scientology are supporting abuse and all of the celebrities who lie about their sexuality are supporting homophobia.

10. In present time

well, and there was that slew of nasty lawsuits against him a couple of years ago from masseurs. but even then, they all said what a sweet guy he was.

11. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

Hi, Adam :biggrin:

All, as in every last one of 'em?

Celebrity scientologist A should fight the abuse within Co$ and may lose his/her eternity -- just as Celebrity performers B should fight homophobia and may lose his/her career.

Not too many examples of celebrity scientologists and whether the 'downside' has come to pass:

Has Jason Beghe lost his eternity? Anyone know?
    Has Paul Haggis lost his eternity? Anyone know?

A few examples of celebrity performers, the 'downside', and its aftermath:

Ellen Degeneres did lose her career - and found another.
    Chely Wright's lost her country music career - not sure what she's doing or will do next.

JB.

12. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I just found out that Zachary Quinto, who plays young Spock came out of the closet (a couple of years back!) It didn't do him any harm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0OeSs870ys

13. Reasonable

I am saying that on the video she is basically saying "JT is gay becasue I know he is gay, becaue he is and I know it." I didn't hear why she knows it. She never said " I saw him do this or that?"... or "He told me in private?, or "I know a guy he has been with..." Nothing.

and Yes she has the right to comment on anything she likes....but if you tell me you know something tell me how you know.

I think my real gripe here is that I never did find Margret Cho funny. I don't find her clever or specific

As for what I know, I have not seen anything showing me that JT is gay. Pctures? what where? Do you have any? Seriously give me the link. I am interested.

14. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I have heard all sorts of insinuations and innuendo that certain Hollywood actors are heterosexual. Lots and lots of them. I don't believe any of it. I have not seen the evidence.

15. What's It All About

What's It All About Patron with Honors

As for Margaret Cho's lack of evidence provided about John's gayness, her remark is no different from Carrie Fisher, who said when directly questioned about it, "Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we don’t care [that he's gay]. Look, I’m sorry that he’s uncomfortable with it, and that’s all I can say. It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just leave it be." Carrie didn't provide examples either, but it's clear that she knows him and knows the fact of his gayness.

That someone hasn't seen anything doesn't mean that there isn't abundant public evidence. There's Travolta's former pilot who says they had a six-year affair and that he, the pilot, didn't sign any confidentiality agreement that prohibits him from discussing the affair: http://www.jdjournal.com/2012/12/04/former-pilot-of-john-travolta-files-lawsuit-against-actor/ The pilot filed a lawsuit because he was being threatened by Travolta's lawyer Marty Singer because he'd allegedly violated a nondisclosure clause in a contract.

There are multiple male masseurs who said that they were sexually harassed by Travolta or that they happily had sex with him. http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/the-worst-of-the-john-travolta-lawsuit

Travolta pays these people off before the cases, if there are any, go to court. And I personally know someone whose male friend was persistently propositioned by Travolta at a bar/restaurant in Maryland. He told me that Travolta just wouldn't stop hitting on the guy, who had no interest in Travolta.

The evidence is overwhelming that he's gay and not at all discrete. But he's rich enough to buy the silence, or to legally threaten, those who speak the truth to the media. There may be many more of these cases that we never hear about because the payoff happens before the story reaches the mass media.

The question is why we care. Is it because he's married and is presumably betraying his wife? Is it because he participates in scientology which openly rejects homosexuality? He's not the first married gay man in Hollywood.

It's just unfortunate that people in the public eye feel they need to hide being gay for their "image". No offense to John, but he's not exactly leading man material any more, unlike Tom Cruise, who's hanging on for dear life to his macho-man image.

And it's unfortunate that people in the public eye are granted less and less privacy for them, their spouses/partners and for their children and parents. Our desire to know keeps expanding the with ability of technology to capture so many moments of life, from so many intrusive angles - even from space!

The great irony of course, is that actors, by definition, are hired to pretend to be what they aren't! So really, if we can suspend disbelief long enough to accept Zachary Quinto playing a younger Leonard Nimoy playing a fictional half-breed
    alien-human in a fantasy outer-space movie, why can't we accept that a gay man can convincingly play a straight one? Plenty of straight guys get acting jobs pretending to be gay. Or aliens. Or cowboys. Or pirates. None of which they are.:duh:

16. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

True, I didn't hear anything beyond her assertion, either. The video clip itself didn't reveal a particularly gifted comedic performer, but I'm largely unfamiliar with her work, so mine is an uninformed opinion as regards her talent level. :confused2:

I've no information/link(s)/photo(s) to provide about his sexuality beyond that which is reported in the MSM - and so many of the gossip-site/gossip-source reports conflict with one another, it's a waste of time to cull through them seeking a definitive answer.

That said, he does speak with the media and what he says about himself, his family, his involvement with Co$/Narconon, etc. does make its way into the general public's 'well of information'. When his attorney(s) speak on his behalf, it's reasonable to assume it is done at his direction and/or with his approval. So, if his attorney(s) file suit against Ms. Cho for what she's asserted, then his position would be that he isn't gay, yes? And if his attorney(s) do not file suit against Ms. Cho, the general public is free to think for themselves why this should be so. Not filing a legal action does not mean he is gay - it may mean any number of things.

I posted the blog/video because it was featured in the MSM and thought it's value would be assessed/assigned -- using the store of knowledge about Co$/scientology available here. At this time, the MSM seems to hint that scientology/Co$ may be a reason he does what he does and doesn't do what he doesn't do, but I haven't read anything (yet) that mentions the tone scale and where being gay is listed upon same.

JB.

17. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

It's a Comedy Routine not Court Testimony, lol. :eyeroll:

18. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

True but a comedy routine can end you up in court if you accuse someone of something.

If you get accused of something you did the big thing to do is to say, ''you know what, I did and I loved it!'' At least you come across as honest. But I have no proof that JT's trousers did come down. However no one ever believes denial.

It is important that scientologists be allowed to be who they are. Assuming that someone's gay is just an assumption. JT should have the freedom to be who is, he doesn't and that's his trap, scientology doesn't let anyone be who they are. Any scientologist is owned. Their total freedom is bogus.

19. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

[​IMG]

20. Reasonable

That is a little more convincing.