Jon Atack and Steve Hassan discuss his 2013 edition of his book, A Piece of Blue Sky

Discussion in 'Books and Essays About Scientology' started by Caroline, Jan 25, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Caroline

Caroline Patron Meritorious

Thank you, Steve and Jon! Fascinating interview.

2. Gib

Gib Crusader

Re: Jon Atack and Steve Hassan discuss his 2013 edition of his book, A Piece of Blue

Yes, thanks Jon & Steve :thumbsup:

3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Re: Jon Atack and Steve Hassan discuss his 2013 edition of his book, A Piece of Blue

Good interview......it's very exciting that "A Piece of Blue Sky" has had some stuff added to it and being released again in 2013! :thumbsup:

4. cakemaker

cakemaker Patron Meritorious

Methinks Miscavige needs to go change his underpanties....again!

5. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

This is a fascinating interview! Lots of good and new information. Jon mentions Janet Reitman and her book - you will be surprised at what he says. Lots of info on the real Hubbard. The e-meter. More.

3/4th through. they discuss Hubbard's statements, ideas and and use of hypnosis in his works. Confusion tech!

Lots on dead agenting. A treasure to listen to.

6. Boson Wog Stark

Boson Wog Stark Patron Meritorious

Jon says Hubbard smoked 120 cigs/day -- 6 packs! Is that in the Guinness book? It's great hearing him talk about the tech, Freud, Buddhism -- all the people he interviewed. He said a lot of simple, basic things that made a lot of sense.

I remember when I read his book, having a little bit of "What's the use" feeling if people like him get sucked into it, with his background in Buddhism and all. Before that, i had thought to myself that anyone who knew Buddhism -- even as little as I knew about it -- would recognize Hubbard's claims as twisted.

Another thing I kept thinking while watching it, was how I would like to see Marty or any Indie have a discussion/debate with him about the tech and Hubbard's policies etc.

7. Type4_PTS

I'd really like to see this as well but don't see it as much more likely than Hubbard returning from Target Two and resuming control of the CoS. :biggrin:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  8. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Absolutely wonderful interview with Jon Atack.

I took some quick notes as I listened because a 55 minute video can be daunting. (These times are very approximate.)

The video starts with some fascinating background about Russell Miller and Janet Reitman.
    15 - E-meter
    17 - David Mayo
    19 - Hubbard taking LSD, drugs and alcohol.
    20 - Hubbard as a sexual deviant
    23 - John Travolta
    24 - Fair game
    25 - Gerry Armstrong & Hubbard's biography
    29 - Scientology is not Buddhism
    30 - Mind control/use of hypnosis, Hubbard's contradictions and plagiarism of Freud.
    35 - A personal insight for me on something that confused me totally for years, "Space is a viewpoint of dimension". I didn't even know the word "Tautology" and now I get it! :duh:
    38 - ARC triangle. I love this " ...Bullets are a form of communication so by his logic the more often somebody shoots you the more you'll like them!"
    41 - Hubbard as an SP.
    Jon talks about the revision of his book and how it will include 60 passages that could not be included before due to US law and talks about how he was attacked.
    47 - Cults in general and life after a cult.
    53 - A quote from Cyril Vosper: " I'm not sure scientology could exist without a fascist organisation".

Jon's book was a major part of me waking up, can't wait to see the new edition!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  9. Moosejewels

Moosejewels Patron Meritorious

Thanks to you all for posting / reposting that link.

It is just plain interesting ! :thumbsup:

10. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

This is a sensational video. MUST SEE for anyone connected with Scientology.

Atack is such an incredible source information on SOURCE, having read all the available writings of LRH and I'm sure listening to the tapes. There are a number of additional bits of information which make the evolution of Scientology so interesting. Atack seems to have interviewed everyone and anyone who was connected with LRH before and during Scientology.

It's a great interview and Jon should get the Nobel Prize for his work. :thumbsup:

11. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Cool! I thought he'd been silenced!

12. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Jon Atack's book I enjoyed reading back when it came out & it was most influential on me.

I look forward to his new release.

Highly suggested reading for anyone !

13. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Banned

No, He was worn out by battling $cientology, like the old samuri movies where after a battle the hero goes off and meditates somewhere to regain his strengths then comes back to finish them.

14. Albion

Albion Patron with Honors

Interesting analogy: is this the bit where he goes all Kill Bill on them? :)

15. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Banned

the longer you gaze at the $cientology puzzle the more pieces fit together, and Jon has been looking at this longer than I have...

16. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

Great page from Volney's book. I wonder who he was thinking of when he wrote it.

17. Mini Me

Mini Me Retiree

I so pleased this book is being re-released. It's the first critical book I ever read. I borrowed it from a library and had to hide it at home by stealing the book jacket from one of Hubbard's books (might have been Science of Survival) and wrapping A Piece Of Blue Sky in the jacket. It sat on our bookshelf looking very innocent from the outside :biggrin:.

I'll definitely be buying this book even if I never read it. John Atack deserves to reap some rewards for his important work. He is a hero to me.

18. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

Thank you for posting this. I don't think I would have found otherwise and the interview was filled with data and facts that I was not aware of. I shall have to read Jon Atack's new release of a piece of blue sky.

19. Albion

Albion Patron with Honors

Just posted a piece on the Jon Atack's "Blue Sky" and the battle
    he had to get the first version out, at Infinite Complacency.

http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com ... =BP_recent

Jon Atack is issuing an unexpurgated version of A Piece of
    Blue Sky, his seminal work on the movement – a book that was
    almost strangled at birth in the US courts.

20. Type4_PTS

The endorsement that he got from Professor Stephen Kent is incredible that you included in your article. That in alone should help sell many copies.