Just completed the Route 1 processes from the book CHA

Discussion in 'Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scien' started by petal, Mar 28, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. petal

petal Banned

Hello, All:
    Had some good wins from the route one processes from creation of human ability.
    I am now doing the route 2 that follows. This good too.
    I wondered why these techniques were removed from the bridge. They are described as standard operating procedure?!
    I then found the reason it was all dropped in the lecture series the 1st postulate. The processes only worked on 50% of the people it was used on!
    I say 50% is a good result and they should not of been dropped.
    Any way it is erelavent now as I am now doing them myself.

petal:)

2. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

OK. Don't forget to skip R2-45!

3. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Wow, I'd be interested to see the statistical data that was gathered for the public record that shows a 50% success rate (how was that defined?) on Route 1!

Please provide links.

4. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

The Route 1 processes were used in old OT 4-6.

They were dropped because NOBODY was truly happy with the results. Old OT 4-6 did NOT deliver what was promised. "It didn't work".

I knew a few people who did old OT 4-6, and they were VERY unhappy, and quietly told me that they did NOT get anything at all like what was implied by the exaggerated OT promo.

Attached Files:

5. Even if these courses or "processes" did have a 50 % success rate in the past, COS would NOT have wanted to be in a position to refund the money or give free repair auditing to the other 50% for whom the processes failed.

The difference between the promised results in the marketing hype that got customers to buy the course, and the actual results experienced, or therapeutic gains made by those customers was too great.

This was why EVERYTHING in Scientology "technology was constantly changing, shifting, being upgraded or re-written. To keep money coming in to COS for processes that were less than effective and successful for the business clients who experienced them (pre-clears, etc.) The profit motive reigned supreme, above any normal and reasonable consideration of people's well-being or the integrity of the Corporation.

Much of this was done in the name of "research" but it wasn't real research by any academic or scientific standards. It was just called that. More like free-wheeling experimentation on people's minds, for profit. Sadly, the aggregate of all these "processes" did harm lots of people, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. No to mention the external harm to their lives of financial ruin, being separated from families and friends through disconnection or human trafficking, Overwhelming stress from unnatural work goals and pressure to conform and produce (keep your stats up weekly), poor living conditions for staff and SO, lack of medical care, or needed medicine to be "sessionable" etc.

Petal, I'm glad you're just reading and experiencing/experimenting on your own. If a process doesn't work well for you, chances are good that you will be sensible enough to drop it, and go on to something else more useful or productive.

I wish that all of the "technology" of Scientology could be experienced by people in this manner, according to their own choice and free will, and for free.

Maybe then anything really worthwhile that is embedded in there will make it out into the real world and do some good for humanity.

As of now, the aggregate of it all it seems to do far more harm than good in the world, in spite of the good intentions of some of the people who worked on developing it as a body of work.

6. Infinite

Infinite Crusader

Love them DOX ; )

Can you please tell me where they came from and the date they were publiished. Many thanks.

I'm still chuckling about a Jesse Prince write up on his experiences on the old OT material:

. . . oh, for the good ole days.

7. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

I can imagine my doing route 1 in session:

"Be three feet in back of your head."

"How am I supposed to do that?"

BTW, I am certain that I'm a spiritual being, a "something" separate and distinct from my body. It's just that I can't get out.

Now THAT'S funny!

Helena

8. Veda

Veda Sponsor

[​IMG]

Crowley's most concise explanation of Yoga:

"Sit still. Stop thinking. Shut up. Get out!"

'Batra', etc., was published in Crowley's "The Equinox' in 1913:

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib536.html

Quoting from John Symonds and Kenneth Grant, who were editors of some of Crowley's writings:

"It ('Batra', etc.) deals with the magical practice of expanding consciousness to the stars and the planets. The word 'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia' is made up of the Greek words for Frog Mind Ox World Battle, and is a play on the title of the Homeric mock epic, the 'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia' or 'Battle of the Frogs and Mice'. The idea behind the use of this barbarous name, 'Batra', etc. - that is, in pronunciation or vibration - is that it is supposed to create a sense of vertigo in which the mind is freed from its ordinary bounds. Consciousness - so the theory goes - is exalted to infinity by this method."

Warning: The "sense of vertigo" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vertigo can also make the person vulnerable to manipulation, and more easily influenced and controllable.

Was Hubbard inducing a sense of "vertigo" with the "Be three feet back of your head" command?

Interesting isn't it?

'Batra' includes spanning attention, visualization (mock ups), specialized mock ups where a person attempts to place a mock up of the same size etc. as a physical object in the same space as the physical object, and projection of consciousness through the solar system.

It even warns about avoiding what amounts to "overrun."

(Note: "Nuit" - as used in the top link - denotes "Infinity.")

Is permeating, as in filling/feeling ("Havingness") the heliosphere (solar aura) an interesting exercise?, or is it entirely imagination?

Handy navigational aid: http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/voyager-interstellar-terms.html

The solar system does have its own atmosphere, of sort, and there would seem to be many interacting atmospheres. IMO, it would be beneficial to the human psyche to begin to see the solar system, and its atmosphere, as the immediate environment, rather than just the thin film of livable atmosphere of several miles in which we as human beings dwell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqRQ_93kFKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqDtUG7RFmI&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdNDIz1W6f0

One aspect of the solar system's atmosphere, which anyone can perceive from Earth, is that bright stars (being outside the solar atmosphere) become invisible at dawn and at dusk, while the planets (Mercury [sometimes], Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn), while less bright than the brightest stars, remain visible.

This is an effect worth observing, as it brings home the existence of the solar atmosphere. The planets, being inside that atmosphere are perceivable while the stars outside are not.

Strangely enough, people seem to have their own atmospheres - chakras and auras and such:

http://www.the-auras-expert.com/images/aura-and-chakras.jpg
    http://realpowercoaching.com/images/Aura_Chakra.jpg
    http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/arts/2005/03/10/crumb_fri_seven.jpg
    http://www.egos.co.za/ProdImages/aura-chakra.jpg

:)

9. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I remember those. They were pretty little booklets published in the late 70s. They contained more information about those "exciting" OT levels than other available promo, which is why I liked them at the time.

Paul

10. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Getting "out" makes about as much sense, presently, as it would to talk about a program running without any computational substrate.

IMO, consciousness is an input/output function.

http://www.kurzweilai.net/a-universe-of-self-replicating-code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eC14GonZnU

11. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

They were AOLA promo pieces. Mid-1970s. This is the promo piece that suckered me into "giving Scientology a try".

Here are all the pages of the entire promo piece.

Copyright latest date is "1976" on inisde cover (see attachments).

I walked into the Boston org in Spring 1976, and this was out then.

I made the mistake of BELIEVING that "what was written was true". Scientology drums into the heads of adherents that "if it is written it is true". Except that far too often "what is written" by Hubbard is NOT TRUE! :duh:

I made the mistake of accepting that what I was told actually aligned with real situations and possibilities. Of course, THAT is how Scientology suckers people into "contributing to the motion". It gets people to accept and believe the many unsubstantiated claims, promises, hype and hopes.

Attached Files:

12. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Patron

I've done lots of COHA self-audited about 10 years ago. Good Stuff & had some nice wins too.

13. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I've used a number of COHA processes with interesting results. One that comes to mind is called 'Union Station' ('Other People'). Process 'R2-46', if I recall correctly. It's run outdoors in large areas with lots of people standing around. I've used it several times.

The last time was in an airport, on a somewhat distressed young woman - who couldn't stop hiccuping - waiting in line in front of me. I established contact, by acknowledging her condition by saying - in an upbeat and non-ridiculing way - "hiccups," to which she nodded her head. I then added, "Try this," and before she could say, "no," had her, "Have that person (a person about fifty feet away) have the hiccups. (She understood that that only meant imagine that the person had the hiccups, and proceeded). I had her "give the hiccups" to about a dozen people and the hiccups disappeared. She had no idea that I had run her on an old process from 1950s Scientology, and I didn't tell her, but I could have, and she might be on the Road to Xenu right now, and, if I were still a member of Scientology, I could even be collecting an "FSM" (Field Staff Member) commission.

Hubbard's stuff (and others' stuff with his name substituted) from the 1950s is not all crazy. It had its flashes of brilliance. A lot of people who've ended up on the Scientological hamster wheel :hamster: have, initially, become enchanted with material of this sort.

14. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

Make sure that you do your 120 hours or more of Objectives, even though you have done them before! YOU CAN NEVER DO ENOUGH OF "look at that wall! Walk over to that wall! Touch that wall! Turn around!" It helps you keep walls there where they need to be so life becomes somewhat real!! Creation of Human Ability - check out how long Hubbard now says someone should do OBJ. COB has ordered everyone to do more. It causes one to needs repairs and that is very profitable for the Co$:eyeroll:

15. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

Indies complain that New OT levels don't work.
    Turns out Old OT levels didn't work either. I am sad.

[​IMG]

Thank God, life goes on just fine. :)

Sending love to everyone!

16. Infinite

Infinite Crusader

Glorious. Thank you.

17. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

The reason "OT levels" don't "work" is because they have a delusional premise and objective.

That being said, they may do something valuable for a person, but not worth committing themselves to an organization that dominates and destroys people and their rights.

IMO, The grades are beneficial, but again, not within the Church or with any expectation that these will grant specific states (though increases in skills/abilities should be expected, otherwise it's a waste of time), or that they will "set you up" for OT levels. Beyond the grades, though, I think the Church methods are incredibly duplicitous and designed to break a person, rather than to help them. Examining specific procedures and deciding to do them because you're interested is a totally different expectation, set and setting than doing them after you've been "eligibility checked", "setup", and paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to learn the "mystery" that was "confidential", and only for "members in good standing".

Big difference.

18. GreyLensman

GreyLensman Silver Meritorious Patron

Truth. Hamster wheel indeed.

Scient can't afford to make people too aware, because that blows the cognitive dissonance that has to be kept nicely balanced - there is a vibration between faith in LRH and a realization that this piece of the tech is crap, or that Ep you just attested too was attested to because you are really a social being and not because you arer cause over MEST... - perhaps that's what LRH meant when he spoke of the wavelength of a thetan or of ethics being the 9th dynamic and aesthetics the tenth.

19. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

The Grades are only COMPARABLY beneficial, in my opinion.
    (And I know what you mean brother Uniquemand, I was a Class V Auditor cultie.)

Actively living life, learning, caring of others, making good friends, having enough sleep
    at night, getting laid and eating properly is a lot more beneficial, the way I see it. :)

20. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Agreed. The two don't preclude each other in a rational environment free of cultish trappings.

Trust me, I don't spend all day auditing my body thetans or demanding that others let me audit or train them. However, I do facilitate sessions for people, when they want one, and I do help them with goal-setting and attainment and control over their attention and intention.

Most of my friends have had one or more sessions, and thought they benefited from them. Some have had dozens, and would like to do more. Only two people asked for training, and so far, I haven't pressed them on it. Life is for living. Processing is for debugging, and perhaps a dose of prevention when you realize you have one or more patterns that keep cropping up (dig deeper, a la grades, in that case).