Kyle Brennan lawsuit....links to info

Discussion in 'Legal and Government Actions Involving Scientology' started by Tigger, Feb 23, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Tigger

Tigger Patron Meritorious

Posted on OCMB by Sponge

2. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Read with lots of sarcasm. Of course not, they didn't make his father take away his meds that were helping him.

Don't we just love the CofS - no responsibility for shit.

3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Read the police report. From memory, Kyle had a prescription filled in November for 30 tablets. There were 16 left in the bottle in February. Assuming he took the others, that's roughly one every six days. He wasn't taking them as prescribed. Maybe he hadn't taken any for a month - or maybe he had taken none for two months then had been taking them daily. Who knows? But there is no evidence I saw that taking the meds away made any difference to Kyle, although it might make a lot of difference to a critic. :)

Paul

4. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

But maybe he had more than one bottle and put some in an older bottle for his visit to his dad's. I've been known to keep bottles so I can reuse them. That way I don't have to take all my meds with me on vacation - just enough for the time that I'm gone.

I was being a smart ass in my first response. I could care less on so many levels.

5. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Sounds to me like the Lawyer is going after the church because it was a Scientologist that was involved and being that the church is the one anti to Psychiatry, they were the ones to "teach" the father that those meds are that bad. There is absolutely a connection there.

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

A connection between what? Of course there is a connection between Hubbard's words and the father's putting the meds in his car. But there is no clear connection between putting the meds in the car and Kyle offing himself. He wasn't taking the meds regularly anyway - it's not like he was religiously taking them daily for months and then was suddenly deprived of them.

Paul

7. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

Just from reading some of the available documentation, the father was negligent to the point of depraved indifference, and, while the father may just fall into the category of 'asshole', it was the kind of asshole that Scientology specializes in creating and, if a pre-existing condition, was exacerbated by Scientology.

And, while it's unclear how much of the father's treatment of Kyle was directly instigated by the 'Church', other, relatively high ranking Scientologists were involved in the 'handling' of Kyle, which at least implicates the 'Church' as an active participant.

Hopefully all the information will come out at trial, but, even superficially, the story resembles a 'pattern of behavior' so typical as to reasonably be called 'Scientological'.

Zinj

8. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

I was making the connection between the church and the fathers thoughts on why the meds might not have been taken regularly.
    But we also don't know if Kyle wasn't taking the meds at first then started taking them regularly at some point.
    The fact the father waited to talk to another Scientologist before calling also makes the connection to Scientology even stronger.
    It's just another strange death surounding Scientology.

Edit, rereading what Zinj said, he already had this covered.