L. Ron Hubbard, the Navy & World War II: Revisited

Discussion in 'L Ron Hubbard' started by AnonKat, Dec 5, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

2. SpecialFrog

SpecialFrog Silver Meritorious Patron

3. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

From that Rinder link, here's one of the greatest documented instances of Cognition Dissonance in recorded history:

Where to begin? LOL

INDIE SCIENTOLOGY DECONSTRUCTED: Just because Ron wrote sociopathic policies to lie, defraud, steal, terrorize and murder--then ordered and paid people to perpetrate these horrific felonies--the real sociopath is not Ron. The real sociopaths are the Scientologists who try to make Ron look bad by being so literal that they word clear his orders, cash the checks, commit the crimes, write success stories and then accept the promotions, awards & Kha Khan status that Ron bestowed upon them.
  4. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

5. Deeana

Deeana Patron with Honors

Anyone who has read the verified documentation of LRH's naval career - clearly stating he was considered to be a troublemaker on post in one evaluation and then declared unfit for command in another - knows that the U.S.N. would have NEVER placed this idiot into any kind of an intelligence position.

Reading LRH's own letters in which he begs for psychiatric treatment and whines about his "disabled" state illustrates the character of the man. He was after a monthly check.

To me, as a person has close friends and relatives who proudly served their country in both the U.S.N. and the U.S.M.C., it makes me sick to see photos of Hubbard's fake navy with their fake uniforms and fake medals.

My late father-in-law served with the Navy SeaBees in the Pacific during the final year of WWII. He was aboard a fully equipped "repair ship" as Allied forces fought their way through the Pacific islands in preparation for invasion of the Japanese mainland. He was onboard ship off Okinawa when the atomic bombs were dropped. He wrote to his wife the next day, "You probably know more than we do. All we get here is rumors."

My late husband served in combat with the USMC in Vietnam during some of the worst fighting (Tet Offensive) in one of the worst areas (Khe Sanh).

THESE are the kind of men who should be wearing medals. Not these idiot cult members. Quite frankly I think they are scumbags for having the audacity to wear a ripoff uniform to serve in a ripoff "navy". My own opinion.

And in the overall of his life, I think LRH was the #1 scumbag.
  6. Student of Trinity

Student of Trinity Silver Meritorious Patron

In my opinion, the bottom line about Margaret Lake's re-evaluation of Hubbard's wartime service was this. She found no evidence at all for the controversial elements in Hubbard's story. What she did was poke some pinholes in the opposite claim, that Hubbard's story was proven false. Where someone might have argued that Hubbard's story couldn't possibly be true because of X or Y, Margaret made some arguments and found some old documentary evidence to the effect that actually, No, X and Y didn't quite add up to an airtight case that Hubbard was lying. So, for instance, she found a certain amount of evidence that Navy records were imperfect. In principle this opens the possibility that apparently clear documentary evidence against Hubbard was actually mistaken.

Perhaps that's enough to make a committed Scientologist rest easy about Hubbard's war service and injuries. Calling it demonstration, however, is obvious nonsense. Nothing Lake turned up sufficed to make Hubbard's version of events the most plausible one. All the excuses she found for Hubbard could also cover any weaknesses in the cases against him, and in fact they could fit there more easily. If lying about his service record were a hanging offense, the doubt that Lake established probably would not have added up to a reasonable enough doubt to save Hubbard from the gallows.
  7. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

"Naval Intelligence" covers a very broad range of activities. As a civilian contractor I had access to secrets that would have been off-limits to many Naval Intelligence people and available to others.

Hubbard was indeed in the Intelligence branch, briefly. One of his early assignments was as a cable censor. He was the jackass who put black marker through the text of anything the bosses considered a violation of OPSEC on the open channels where, for example, sailors sent messages home to their families. In other words, his Intelligence job was to read other people's mail. And not the interesting people, at that.

People see the word "Intelligence", and immediately assume cloak and dagger stuff. Hubbard's reality was a lot more prosaic than that.
  8. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse Patron with Honors

Reading between the lines of his CO's report in Australia, I get the picture of a junior officer who, as a civilian, and even in Marine Corps ROTC, had always managed to be a big shot through bluff and in the words of Dirty Harry, was "a legend in his own mind."

Regardless of the fantasies he had penned of military service (such as "Sleepy McGee") military service requires a person to take orders.

His CO comes across as a professional military person who had probably doggedly done his job through the lean years after WWI (Think Col. Potter in MASH). The CO was suddenly charged with supervising a low ranking narcissistic bullshit artist. He writes that the great LRH is messing around with things he should be leaving alone and therefore has become the source of much trouble, and when he is reprimanded, his feelings are easliy hurt.

After a few years of bumping up against professional military men, the poor guy is suffering from imaginary wounds and bouts of hysterical blindness. Thank God he was able to cure his imaginary ailments with an imaginary science of his own design, the bestest invention in the history of this world, nay, the history of the universe. And other universes!

Very, very pathetic when you really look at it.
  9. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader