Leah Remini Finale

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by NoName, Jan 11, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

What just happened? Leah and Rinder discuss hiring lawyers to help them approach the FBI with the results of **their** investigation, and the first season ends with them walking into a lawyer's office and a "to be continued"

Am I the only one who wants to invest my entire retirement into popcorn futures as a result of this?

2. Gib

Gib Crusader

turnabout

3. NoName

Confucius say, "What is the sound of one dwarf slapping??"

4. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

That was a surprising one.

You know what I thought???
    we have an expression in french

''L'arroseur arrosé''

Clearly, the tables have turned.
    I and I got a ""climax moment'' seeing that the cult evil masters got a taste of their own medicine. :happydance:

It was like infiltrating, in real time, the evil $cientology systemic abuse and destroying of people
    If some $cientologist ''secretly'' watched, and were at doubt the CO$ was so evil..I mean..they don't have doubt anymore.

The lies, the bully, the intimidation, the ennemy maker, the destroying of lives , the why, when, how ..it's all in there.

They have been wisely trapped with their own lies and evil.....:dancer:

Bravo!
    A master coup!
    :happydance:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  5. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Brilliant, I can't wait to see what happens next!

6. Demented Hubbatd

Demented Hubbatd Patron with Honors

Dan Abrams, who works as a legal consultant for ABC News and who hosts NightLine (I'm not sure if I got the show's title right), said that this potential lawsuit has no merit, just like the potential lawsuit brought by CoS against Remini's anti-scientology show. He said that he doesn't expect these legal threats to materialize, they are used more like intimidation tools by both sides.

7. NoName

Fine, but I didn't get the impression that she was trying to file a civil suit. Leah and Rinder specifically discussed how to get the results of their own investigation to the FBI in order to start a criminal case.

8. aurabass

aurabass Patron

Finally. Mike Rinder accepts Leah's advice and agrees to take action and attack.

After weeks of claiming all that can be done is to publicize and draw attention RINDER now seems to be moving toward a pro-active assault via the courts. When posting on the Rinder blog last week I was called "dense" for advocating action - a direct challenge to the COB - and DM's assumed "leadership".
    Does this seem "dense"?
    I suggested there may be a way to replace DM as COB using an online vote. Rinder, saying he had no interest in replacing DM, missed the point. Don't replace DM to "save" the church. Replace him to make the TECH - copyrights, and Trademarks open source public use, end the disconnection, and take control of the assets so they can be sold to return the $$$ to those who have been bilked and who are in debt. If legal action is anticipated I hope it addresses the vulnerability of DM to the IRS and his illegitimate unratified leadership.

Reading "RUTHLESS" I came across the chapter concerning the Boards of Directors - of the various entities: RTC, IAS, CSI etc. revealing that one disaffected routed-out female SEA ORG executive only learned after her departure that she was a Director on one of those boards. That is very revealing and important. It means that Board never met to elect DM as Chairman. If he is not elected by a ratified legal Board of Directors or reaffirmed at regular intervals he is not legally the leader. Boards have bylaws and procedures that must be followed to maintain legal status. DM ASSUMED LEADERSHIP BUT IS HE LEGAL?

The LEGAL action sought by Leah and Mike could be about human rights, child labor, false imprisonment, extortion or a number of potential criminal activities of this EVIL CULT
    but it seems to me the area that has been forgotten and ignored is the corporate structure and the legitimacy of DM's leadership. That seems to be a far more vulnerable weak spot particularly given the restrictions of the IRS deal

IS ANYONE HERE FAMILIAR WITH CORPORATE LAW AND FOI REQUESTS FOR BOARDS OF DIRECTORS AND BYLAWS?

There are several precedents for equating the membership of a church to shareholders that gives standing to everyone who has ever been a Scientologist to demand a vote on a Board and the COB.
    An action to create an online vote for Directors, President, and COB would serve to increase publicity and interest and give credence and standing to candidates who overwhelm DM and Heber in a vote promoted through these forums and AFTERMATH. This is where action might bear real fruit

Someone with the capability to view the PUBLIC RECORDS of those Boards of Directors needs to make them available so we can all learn who sits on them.
    Any actual authority that DM has must accrue from his election as COB and a COB has to be ratified by the Board. There has to be a process included in ratified By-Laws indicating the election process and a process to replace a Chairman in case of death or incapacity. If Ron Miscavige is correct and the woman who only learned of her position on the Board after she left the "church", it may well be that there has never been a board meeting and that DM has never been elected chairman in any process.

DM has zero corporate business law experience - is it possible despite the lawyers he has never held a board meeting and never been elected?

The concept of members of a church as the "shareholders" with a Corporate Board structure may be very relevant. That means a Board must be elected or appointed and somehow ratified and that Board is required to meet by virtue of every corporate law of which I am somewhat familiar. That means the COB serves at the pleasure of the BOD and must be elected and reaffirmed at set intervals in time. At least that's how I've always seen it done in my corporations. If proper procedure has not been followed DM is vulnerable. AN ONLINE VOTE OF THE MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTOLOGY COULD BE CALLED

Wikipedia has a list of officials including DM,
    Bob Adams Sr v-p public affairs for the Church of Scientology International in 2009
    John Carmichael President of the Church of Scientology in New York since 1987.
    Leisa Goodman Human Rights Director, Church of Scientology International.
    Heber Jentzsch President, Church of Scientology International.
    David Miscavige Chairman of the Board, Religious Technology Center.
    Kendrick Moxon Prominent Scientology attorney,[15] previously member of Scientology division the Guardian's Office.[16][17]
    Karin Pouw Spokeswoman, director of public affairs for Church of Scientology International, and member of Office of Special Affairs (OSA).
    Michelle Stith President of Church of Scientology of Los Angeles branch.
    Kurt Weiland Dir of external affairs, Office of Special Affairs, and director, Church of Scientology International

A second WIKIPEDIA page concerns the CSI - Church of Scientology
    International
    with a significant amount of information
    That page lists Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun as Trustees and Directors
    This particular page is dated but instructive since it shows how convoluted the structure has become with semi-autonomous incorporated entities for each Org, Mission, and Church as well as the various entities like RTC and IAS and CSI

FURTHER SEARCH YIELDS PIERCING THE CORPORATE VEIL - AND THIS SECTION ON RTC of which DM is the COB

THE RELIGIOUS TECHNOLOGY CENTER (RTC)Incorporated 1 January 1982 by Terri Gamboa, Phoebe Maurer, David Miscavige, Lyman Spurlock, Norman Starkey, Julia Watson and David Mayo (five of who were to work in ASI in 1982. Mayo left in 1983, leaving five of the remaining six incorporators of RTC as ASI staff. Maurer is the exception, but died several years ago. Terri Gamboa left Scientology in about 1990). The articles were later amended by Stephen and Laura Marlowe, at which time Vicki Aznaran and Warren McShane were the officers of the corporation (Vicki Aznaran left Scientology in 1987 and litigated against it, eventually making a secret out of court settlement and claiming her earlier statements which made detailed criticisms of the cult had been untrue).
    RTC controls the several thousand trademarks and service marks of Dianetics and Scientology (including the name and signature "L. Ron Hubbard" since 1982), and licenses all other Scientology entities in the use of these Marks. It has the power to close any Scientology organization by withdrawing this license. The Hubbard signature on the 1982 purported transfer of trademarks and service marks from Hubbard to RTC has been deemed suspect by at least three questioned document examiners.
    document 23 (KSW News issue 21, 1987) p.3 shows that the RTC's Inspector General for Administration verifies "all executive postings in Scientology orgs internationally". The functions of the other Inspector Generals are also of interest. This document also shows David Miscavige as Chairman of the Board RTC. All of the RTC officials pictured are wearing Sea Org uniform, and have their ranks printed alongside their names.document 26 (Command Chart) shows Authorizations, Verifications and Corrections (AVC) as a part of RTC. In 1982, AVC was headed by Phoebe Maurer at Gilman, and presumably moved to RTC from Church of Scientology of California.
    This is the key entity that gives power to DM and is key to his claim of "leadership".

AND HERE IS THE PART THAT REQUIRES SOME STUDY BY ANYONE WHO HAS CORPORATE LAW EXPERIENCE. THIS SECTION IS HALF-WAY DOWN THE PAGE AND IT CONTAINS SIGNIFICANT INFORMATION ON THE FICTION.
    Part Two:
    Detailed Examination of the Fiction of Corporate Integrity Maintained by the Scientology Cult

as the authors of this Corporate Veil page say - this is an elaborate fiction of distributed authority and power - everyone knows that DM is the sole authority
    A pisspoor inexperienced "manager" who micro-manages every detail and who attacks and diminishes every one of the dedicated people who serve as executives.
    That is the vulnerable spot. The clear weakness. DM makes enemies and violates the IRS agreement - it is the root of his fear and it is not paranoid. Everyone should be out to get this jerk.

AS IS OFTEN THE CASE THE IRS OFTEN SERVES AS A RELIABLE AVENUE OF ATTACK.
    It should be clear to all that DM is in violation of his Tax-exempt IRS status since he controls everything including the banking. According to the books I have been reading the deal with the IRS restricts what DM can control. He is authorized as COB RTC with control of trademarks and copyright but is prohibited by the deal from control of the financial aspects including banking and check writing. I have been informed that officers of the corporations with financial responsibility and check writing power are in THE HOLE. I understand that President Heber was there for 7 years. If DM coerces their signatures for financial dealings he is in violation of the IRS agreement and the IRS could raid GOLD BASE under warrant and tale these officers into custody for a PTSD evaluation and questioning concerning the decision making on expenditures including the vast amounts that seem to be spent on Private Investigations like the investigation of Ron & Becky Miscavige I have been party in the past to an attempted corporate takeover - it's pretty amazing how much more effective business law can be than criminal or civil torts. Seeking damages is far more difficult than challenging improper corporate activity.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  9. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

If DM is left to his own devices he will continue to hasten the demise of the church, which is the goal in everybody's mind. The value of the technology is dubious at best, harmful at worst. The demise of the church pretty much means the sea org and local orgs. No doubt independent scientology will continue, but it will be hamstrung unless it succeeds in achieving the size of the old franchises. Of course they will be hampered by having to overcome the negative pr that is growing.

The technology is pretty much in full use in the indi world, so why do you advocate the overturning of the copyrights? If scientology is trashed by the government, who would be left to enforce them?

Let DM go down with the ship. Lets assume the IRS decides the church has violated the terms of the agreement - they will seize any and all assets they can to sell off to satisfy unpaid taxes for money earned in violation of terms of the agreement. The only orgs left standing in the wake of that will be those outside the USA. How long before foreign governments jump on the band wagon?

Mimsey

10. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Lawsuits by COS over copyrights are something of the distant past already. That's not even an issue.

COS survives because of disconnection. It is completely dependent on keeping its followers in the dark.

There is no longer any definition or concept for "church." All of this is allowed in America because academics have screwed up the entire concept of religion so badly that it now means that any group that believes anything can do whatever they want and be supported by others' tax dollars to do so. That is so bullshit.

Define religion in a humanitarian sense, do not allow "churches" to violate human rights, put regulations in place for charitable/tax-exempt status that require actual, measurable contributions to society and adherence to humane practices with annual inspections and full disclosure of financials and then we'll get somewhere.

11. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Oh and disallowing bankruptcy due to excessive donations would hugely cut the cult's income. Make the cult of scientology liable for fraud for its donations for services so it must return the donations when there is a claim of fraud lawsuit. Make the cult return the funds for any who declare bankruptcy and :woohoo: there would be some fast change!

12. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

The trend in government is to accept and even expedite the expansion of Sharia, not roll it back. How can we expect a crack down on Scientology over Disconnection when we tolerate Sharia and give credence to groups like CAIR and MAS?

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/11/...man-keith-ellison-announces-run-for-dnc-chair

I think we are alone on this and it will need to be resolved through public opinion. As LRH said, "It is a PRO (Public Relations Officer) world".

13. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

In 9 days, our long national nightmare will be over.

Leah Remini's amazing series has attracted a large, very influential audience.

To be continued...

14. aurabass

aurabass Patron

it seems so surprising to me that so many are willing to cede 3 billion in assets to David Miscavige and his chosen supplicants. So many well-intentioned people have been bilked out of their hard-earned money and labor. The thousands of SEA ORG people trapped in this system of slavery end up out of Gold Base and Flag with nothing if the CofS dies? How is that reasonable or fair for anyone to contemplate.

It is impossible to know what could be accomplished if no one tries to rectify the situation. Here is a raw example of what might be tried - and it would not require much effort. Those who know how to contact Leah and Paul Haggis could at least put this idea in view. If there is any chance to rally support from the people who are viewing the AFTERMATH and GOING CLEAR and everyone who has participated here, on Clambake, the Rinder and Rathbun blogs and The Underground Bunker and other sites concerning CofS.

All that is required to attempt to replace DM with a leadership devoted to end disconnection, make the Tech, trademarks and copyrights open source fee free to anyone, and liquidate the assets in order to distribute the funds to the people who have suffered financial deprivatiion and those SEA ORG people who will be on the street when CoS closes - is the cooperation of A&E, Leah, and Mike to initiate and promote this idea, a secure website with an IT team that can set up a voting system that ensures one vote per person, and the cooperation of the people who have made this and other CoS sites online active and viable.

Take a look with an open mind and imagine an overwhelming vote for a platform/leadership that separates DM from the 3 bilion in assets and the TECH and then helps the people harmed by DM to recover.
    IS THAT NOT A WORTHWHILE EFFORT? WOULD IT NOT BE A GOOD THING TO HELP RECTIFY THE HARM THAT HAS BEEN DONE - AT LEAST THE FINANCIAL HARM?

A SAMPLE WEBSITE WHERE EVERY SELF-IDENTIFIED "SCIENTOLOGIST" CAN VOTE FOR EITHER DM OR A NEW 'LEADERSHIP' TO ENACT THE PLATFORM.
    RECOVER THE POWER

A PROPOSAL TO INITIATE AN ONLINE VOTE FOR NEW LEADERSHIP OF CoS and the RTC:

If Leah and Mike could interest A&E in this vote idea they could devote a minute or two during each new episode of season two. By simply announcing a website where everyone can cast a vote the possibility of showing significant support for the removal of DM exists. If that support is as significant as some of us think it might be it could add significant weight for the relevant authorities - and the court cases that Leah and Mike might initiate. Just take a look at the proposed platform - that's what would be supported - not really the individuals.

WHAT FOLLOWS BELOW IS AN IDEA - THE TIME MAY HAVE COME TO LAUNCH A CONCERTED ATTACK ON THE CULT OF DM - THE AFTERMATH AND GOING CLEAR HAVE RAISED THE BAR AND ACHIEVED CRITICAL MASS - MORE PEOPLE ARE NOW EX SCN THAN ACTIVE SCN and NEVER BEFORE HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE BEEN EXPOSED TO SUCH EXCELLENT INFORMATION ABOUT DM AND THE CULT.

TO ILLUSTRATE HOW THIS MIGHT LOOK AND WORK I SET UP THIS LINKSAMPLE SITE ON BLOGGER RECOVER THE POWER LINK

Could a well-organized campaign aimed at creating perceived consensus among "rank and file" Scientologists be used to manufacture effective opposition?

We have to ask: Who is a Scientologist and how many are there?
    DM and the "church" claim some 8 to 11 million 'fastest growing religion" Scientologists. That's helpful
    They seem to claim everyone who ever purchased a book, completed a course, or darkened the door of any org as a Scientologist.
    Why not use that and have everyone in those categories claim to be "Scientologists" for the purpose of organizing?

REAL ESTIMATED NUMBERS? from what I can find
    Informed estimate less than 30,000 active Scientologists worldwide and under 4,000 SEA ORG members concentrated in LA and Clearwater.
    We know most are not allowed to view the internet.

POTENTIAL POOL OF RANK & FILE SCIENTOLOGISTS in name only
    Imagine everyone who has ever viewed a post here on EX-SCN forum threads with over 250,000 views plus AFTERMATH 2.7 MILLION plus GOING CLEARY 5 MILLION and Clambake plus
    Rinder, Rathbun blogs and The Underground Bunker - a potential pool of 2 TO 5 million Scientologists we might reach?

THE AFTERMATH and GOING CLEAR have brought us to a new CRITICAL MASS of interest in the evil of the cult of DM.
    Is there a way to capitalize on what LEAH & Mike Rinder are doing with A&E?

THE ONLINE VOTE FOR LEADERSHIP OF SCIENTOLOGY
    What if LEAH and A&E use AFTERMATH to promote a website RECOVER THE POWER to change leadership by vote online?
    What if Aaron Smith-Levine and Mary Kahn are elected to the offices of PRESIDENT and COB of the RTC by a vote of the membership? Choice of candidates is open for discussion Choose candidates using petitions from CHANGE.ORG? Potential candidates circulate CHANGE.ORG petitions for signature to promote the vote and the top signature totals are voted on in a primary for the offices. - This would increase interest.

THE ACTUAL CANDIDATES ARE NOT IMPORTANT IF WE BIND THE CANDIDATES TO A FIXED PLATFORM OF ACTION
    The voting remains open for a full month during the AFTERMATH episodes next fall?
    Administered by a secure independent IT company that limits vote by IP address?
    List DM and Heber vs the primary winners

Candidates agree to the following platform:
    • 1 complete transparency on finances
    • 2 End all disconnection
    • 3 Forgive all debt and freeloader billing
    • 4 Refund parishioners money and end their indebtedness
    • 5 Tell the truth - the whole truth and nothing but the truth
    • 6 Free all prisoners in the Hole
    • 7 End the restrictions on internet, phone and mail use by SEA ORG
    • 8 Pay the SEA ORG members $20,000 each for each year of service
    • 9 Close and sell every property - if the orgs in say Nashville or other cities wish they can purchase the buildings
    • 10 Make the use of the tech available without cost to the orgs all copyright and trademarks open making the TECH free use.

tie the platform to the candidates so the church is forced to end all cult like aspects.

ONLINE VOTING RESULTS FOR RECOVER THE POWER

IMAGINE a running tally of votes on the RECOVER THE POWER website that updates every hour for a month
    and imagine the vote looking like THIS:

Aaron and Mary 100,000 votes
    DM and Heber 2,000 votes
    RECOVER THE POWE reorganization and recovery committee:
    Jeff H, 100,000
    Amy S 88,000
    Paul H 34,000
    Debbie C 49,000
    Tom D 33,000
    (make a list) Ortega, Rathbun, Rinder, Rimini, Stephan and Tonya, Naz, Nicole, Leah
    The committee made up of the top 5 or 7 vote recipients plus the officers will initiate action with courts and authorities on behalf of the members.

Have Leah and Paul pitch the idea of open Tech to Travolta, Cruise, Archer, and the other Celebrities
    See if they will join the rank and file in ending the cult of terror by making the TECH available for everyone.
    If they want to change the world by using the TECH an OPEN SOURCE approach will provide a rapid spread free from the cult behavior.

PROMOTE THE VOTE - using these forums, AFTERMATH, and whatever else
    The news media will pick this up pretty quickly if Leah promotes the effort and Paul Haggis helps publicize it.
    The media will direct people to
    RECOVER THE POWER Where the vote grows every day.
    the updated hourly total will continue to build interest all month.

AFTERMATH will run every Tuesday night on A&E with an update on the website and totals
    A&E should love this. It will attract more viewers
    Leah could use a segment to interview the candidates - and offer to interview DM and the current leadership
    There is no way this doesn't inspire a dramatic increase in interest.
    LEAH offers equal time to anyone who wants to support DM and the current regime
    AFTERMATH can debate the "Who is a Scientologist?" question.

LRH did not choose DM. In fact LRH put Pat and Anne Broeker at the top.
    AFTERMATH can do a special episode and report on HOW DM ASSUMED POWER
    and another on THE ABUSE OF POWER and VIOLATION OF THE IRS AGREEMENT.

QUALIFICATIONS FOR VOTING and a LEGAL ACTION FUND
    i.e. purchase a $4.00 book or donate $5.00 to the RECOVER THE POWER legal fund.
    Define "who is a Scientologist" with - anyone who chooses to be and who purchases a book.
    State that anyone who seeks to be reinstated after illegitimate excommunication or being "declared" is automatically reinstated
    THIS IS A TEMPORARY STATE OF MEMBERSHIP FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS IT TO BE TEMPORARY. - I AM NOT PROPOSING JOINING SCN OR SAVING THE 'CHURCH'.
    DM and the KSW people claim the 8.5 to 11 million 'fastest growing religion" - who are we to deny them?
    The website can include a DONATE BUTTON

Ok so this is symbolic and it will require legal action to enforce the result - but it will give the legal teams a legitimate choice vs a current leadership that has no legal standing.
    Nobody elected
    DM did they?

A PLAN TO SEIZE CONTROL OF THE GOLD BASE, CLEARWATER AND LA
    Develop a plan to physically take over the GOLD BASE, the facility where Shelly Miscavige is held, and the properties in LA and Clearwater
    The elected leaders of the "church" and a committee of elected representatives could approach authorities in Riverside Co and LA and Clearwater to establish a way to legally enter the facilities
    These people would be able to get a State Representative from Jerry Brown's office to accompany them and State Troopers to Gold Base to enter under warrant and visit the HOLE

Psychiatric evaluations of PTSD are ordered to determine the free will of the coerced members.

A PLAN OF ACTION ANTICIPATING A MASSIVE OVERWHELMING VOTE VICTORY
    Discuss and devise a plan of action to commence as the AFTERMATH episodes begin with the website promotion for votes.
    Any potential injunctions, freezing of funds, show cause orders, and writs that can be filed in LA, Riverside, Clearwater and internationally should be ready to go
    Limit the ability of DM to move and abscond with funds or to transfer assets.
    A team of investigation experts should be assembled to track offshore account, shell companies, and ownership of real estate.
    Identify the location and amounts of all accounts and property.
    Make it as difficult as possible for DM to access money.
    File as many lawsuits as possible on behalf of bilked victims, family members, those who were subjected to forced abortion, mental and physical abuse, PTSD sufferers etc.
    Use the PTSD diagnosis to get psychiatrists to declare any person held at GOLD BASE unfit to decide until he/she has a month free from control

Imagine what GERMANY, GREAT BRITAIN, AUSTRALIA and other countries will do given the vote.
    Their antipathy for the cult is already known so they should be willing to turn over control to the elected leadership.
    Perhaps select a foreign national in each country with a Scientology Org to be on the ballot in that country as the official leader

OK so this is a rather long description of a potential way to end the leadership of DM and to destroy the CULT while making the TECH available for those who wish to use it
    I am certain there are problems with some elements = but please try to evaluate the viability of the concept while going easy on nit-picking the details.
    Do you see any validity to the concept of taking away control from DM and his minions?

15. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Aurabass, I like your enthusiasm, but there are things you should know about how COS operates. Scns are brainwashed from their first course to shut out all other versions of scn, all other sources and they are taught they are dangerous. This is deeply ingrained.

This is the first thing you read, wordclear, demonstrate and get checked out on and it is on every course in scn. It is a policy called "Keeping Scientology Working." These are the points the cult of Scientology drives into a person's brain:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keeping_Scientology_Working

More at link.

16. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

I would be very surprised if there were not some kind of Catch-22 written into the qualifications for any Board Member or Scientologist with any kind of voting rights that they be "Members in Good Standing" as in the case with the so called arbitration process where only the International Justice Chief has the authority to make a determination over what constitutes "Good Standing" for either party.

It is virtually impossible for any Scientologist to express or take any action against COB and still retain "Good Standing". The IJC now seems to be applying a criteria whereby if someone has not taken a course or done auditing or been actively involved with the Church within as little as 3 years then they are subject to being designated as not in "Good Standing".

17. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Unfortunately, there is no use in promoting a vote. It has no legal standing in the corporate affairs of CSI RTC CST. There are no shareholders.

Current scilons wouldn't vote against Miscavige; they, in the main, love him due to the false PR image he's promoted.

The orgs will continue to remain empty. More will leave.

The only legal recourse is to prosecute actual violations of laws. And unfortunately much of what we find disgusting is not illegal, especially when religious practice is protected.

Continuing to expose the abuse and prosecuting clear violations of law is probably the best that can be done. Loss of tax exemption is another angle that could provide fruit but that effort would require a strong motivation on the part of the IRS and extended legal wrangling by co$ in response.

Keeping the abuse and lies on the front burner will hopefully bring forward those that can provide witness to prosecutable crimes while at the same time warning the uninformed of the dangers of getting involved with the cult.

18. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

You are suggesting something that would require a lot of cash to mount an assault on a cult that is sitting on $3B in assets and will fight you tooth and nail if you try to depose Miscavage by claiming he isn't following his corporate rules. All of the signatories will not disavow he is violating corporate rules and the assault will die. Just because the internet signs petitions protesting his COBness, they have no legal standing whatsoever.

You should think of a more realistic approach. Look at the Garcia's - they say - we don't care if scientology is a religion or not, they defrauded us. Their case is mired down because the church plays the religion card and demands they follow their rules. That is their trump ( no pun intended ) card in most any legal fight.

Mimsey

19. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    I wrote to one of the producers this morning: :coolwink:

When will LRH’s inglorious demise be brought up more directly and to the point?

Seems like that’s the final piece to the puzzle and most important “data point.”

Next season, maybe?

Here’s what Hubbard says in an excerpt from New Slant on Life:

The true story of Scientology is simple, concise and direct.
    It is quickly told:

1. A philosopher develops a philosophy about life and death;
    2. People find it interesting;
    3. People find it works;
    4. People pass it along to others;
    5. It grows.

The more factual story, albeit heretical, might actually and most probably be entirely different:

1. A man develops what he believes is a true science of the mind;
    2. Seems to work for a few decades and its popularity grows;
    3. Founder markedly deteriorates mentally and physically as he ages;
    4. Attempts to take his own life to vanquish his mental demons, but fails;
    5. Willfully denies going to a hospital for proper medical care during an acute stroke so he can end his life;
    6. Many former adherents really can’t confront this is the way it all ended;
    7. Some loyal followers continue to promote the well-worn mythology about the man;
    8. So the COS continues on . . . for now.

I thought everybody knew all this already and the case was closed.

With all due respect . . . did I miss something here?

20. aurabass

aurabass Patron

JustSheila - a long time old friend has made that all clear to me - knowing it doesn't alter my thinking about how to separate DM from power and control over lives and assets.
    In fact, that's why the disaffected and never indoctrinated are the key to taking control over everything - taking it away from DM.

It is very obvious and clear that long time - still affected SCN people find it difficult to get past the ingrained thinking you point out. But that's what makes DM and the SEA ORG vulnerable. They think they have it covered and cannot imagine how the WOG's think.
    For the purpose of the VOTE DM OUT idea, everyone who wishes to vote simply assumes "I am a Scientologist this month" and as a self-identified Scientologist, I am voting to replace DM with new leadership.
    So who is going to stop me? Who is going to challenge my decision to say "I am SCN".

Once you get that reality - and there is an ongoing month-long open voting website where the replacement candidates rack up 200,000 votes and the SEA ORG - GOLD BASE people cannot even visit the voting site - WELL the vote will end up 200,000 to 2,000. This is beneficial for the legal teams because DM has evidently failed to follow the corporate legal necessities. He has NO CLAIM to his position based in law and he never did have a legal claim.
    So a judge or a State Govt authority sees someone like Aaron Smith Levine with 200,000 votes and David Miscavige with 2,000 votes on a site where voting was open for 30 days - what does the WOG judge or State authority or SEC or IRS official think?

He thinks:
    That's a powerful statement because "who's church is it"? Well the 200,000 who took the time to vote DM out seem to have a point.
    Here's a guy who simply assumed power without any legal authority to do so vs a guy who challenged his leadership and got 200,000 self-proclaimed Scientologist to vote for him/her.

So what good is HOW COS OPERATES if it failed to operate as the law allows.
    DM decided it operated in his favor - He said "jump" and a group of folks said "HOW HIGH". SO WHAT?

Now a larger group is saying "hey DM - you are a failure - a monster - a terrible leader - and guess what? YOU DON'T HAVE THE AUTHORITY.
    WE - the self-proclaimed SCN 200,000 want you replaced and nobody seems to want you to stay.

Will it help the legal teams prevail? Of course it will help. Having 200,000 voters who support your play is obviously more compelling than "the assumption of power" by a HS dropout with ZERO management skills who has made enemies of the competent executive staff - INCLUDING HIS OWN FATHER.

The IRS is already unhappy and DM has violated that agreement as well.

I'm afraid I do know how CoS works - It worked to allow a grossly unqualified jerk to do an incredible amount of HARM. iT WORKED TO DISCONNECT DM'S SISTER'S FROM DM'S DAD --- what else do we need to know?
    IT WORKED TO KILL LISA MCPHERSON. IT WORKED TO TAKE MEMBERSHIP FROM 100,000 DOWN TO 30,000. IT WORKED TO BILK HUNDREDS OF HARD WORKING FOLKS OUT OF BILLIONS OF $$$

What about how that CoS work is worth saving??