What's new

Long time lurker

meekodev

Anonymous Raccoon
I've been involved with the anti-Co$ movement since the early days of Usenet. Also done RL protests. Although I was never in, I did spend a year in another cult, the messiach arm of Chabad as a child. This caused me to a lifelong research of cults and how they can rope anyone in.

The reason I finally signed up is that my local Org building in Santa Barbara is up for sale. I felt I can contribute to the knowledge as I've protested there a number of times.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
I've been involved with the anti-Co$ movement since the early days of Usenet. Also done RL protests. Although I was never in, I did spend a year in another cult, the messiach arm of Chabad as a child. This caused me to a lifelong research of cults and how they can rope anyone in.

The reason I finally signed up is that my local Org building in Santa Barbara is up for sale. I felt I can contribute to the knowledge as I've protested there a number of times.

Welcome to esmb! I'm also a never-in who grew up in a cult of a different color. We're glad to have you here. :cheers:

Blanky

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Thanks, Meekodev. Hearing about how it is being in other cults is useful stuff. The experience is often strangely similar, I watched a documentary about another cult and I started to see through scientology and it's treatment of us 'naughty ones' as just typical cult stuff. So hearing about that cult took scientology's hands from round my neck and gave me the freedom to consider slamming the door shut in it's face, which I did. So please don't hold back stories!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
tom-johnson-old-guard.png

Welcome and thanks for contributing to exposing this cult and the Santa Barbara Org's demise! Every effort helped make this happen, especially those of the earlier days when the risks were higher and the numbers fewer!

Looking forward to hearing more about the old days protests. too

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
tom-johnson-old-guard.png

Welcome and thanks for contributing to exposing this cult and the Santa Barbara Org's demise! Every effort helped make this happen, especially those of the earlier days when the risks were higher and the numbers fewer!

Looking forward to hearing more about the old days protests. too

Me too...

Arnie Lerma

meekodev

Anonymous Raccoon
I've always been a " where the need is greater" person which came in handy during the anon days. At the time I was working at a college library so I had a lot to loose if I was outed. In addition I was working with law enforcement as a volunteer with Perverted Justice (To Catch a Predator on Dateline NBC). I couldn't risk being asked to testify against a child molester during a trial and my work with Anon being brought up.

On the other hand I worked late at night with access to a printer. Generally instead of paying Kinkos I would download the flyer of the month and run off fifty or so copies to distribute as well as posters that were placed around town. Sometimes we'd run out and I'd run back to work to get more copies in the hands of passerbys as our Org has a lot of foot traffic. I remember many times being told "I know it's a cult, please save your flier to educate someone that doesn't know" and "I'd like to join you when I go home, is there protests in blank city" since it was tourist season.

Although for safety reasons I'd leave my car at home so no one could run my plates I'd wait in one of the parking structures before going back with more fliers people would see them in my hands and approach me for more information. It was an exciting time although there was an underlying feeling of danger. The ironic thing is I was taking a public service class at one point and was allowed to sign off on the work with anonymous. That professor was the only person who I outted myself until this year when I did the interview in my signature.

It amazes me that prior to the Tom Cruise video going viral I was fearful to even discuss Scientology in anything but a hushed voice. Now I can out myself with little fear.

Many people were aware of David Mayo and he is respected as a resident outside of Scientology so I'd always stress it was the Official church I had issues with.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Welcome newby Meekodev :welcome: Nice that you decided to join and communicate, think you might find this a pretty fun place, and certainly you already know what a wealth of information lurks around here, and some of the finer peoples you'll ever sort of meet :)

:cheers:

I too, am a never-in, though I've had my brushes with culty things in my youth, and I am jelly of those able to make it to the pickets, and have made a few attempts to hook up with the Vananons, but I are far away and simple logistics are not so simple (and rather costly too). *sorta sad*

Got stories? Yay! We loves stories!

:cake:

Two Cents

Patron with Honors
Hi meekodev,

Welcome!

Thanks for being here and wanting to share your own story.
I feel that hearing about "cults of a different color" as Blanky said, may help me to see the commonalities
that run through each of them, and hopefully help me to set myself free from all of them.

Personally, I am at the point where anything that closes my mind and heart
is just not going to make it with me anymore.

Best wishes to you, and I hope you have fun here!

Love,

Two Cents